South Division 2012/13

I believe the delay is due to the companies act stating any change to the constitution must be 21 days before the AGM.
There was an Exec member at the South Div GF by the way.
Maybe some of you can represent your clubs at the AGM and ask these questions

SS, the act also says that clubs are to receive an agenda 21 days before the AGM if there is to be a change to the constitution so that clubs can view the proposed changes. So if the VT do intend to change the constitution they should have emailed clubs with an Agenda last week that outlined the proposed changes. This means only two things can happen; one being no change to the constitution as we are inside the 21 day timeframe or two being that the AGM is pushed back again!

correct LifeMember....our Club secretary has received no notice of constitution change or agenda so unless we have been missed and we are the only ones not in the know there may be no chance of constitution change
Sledge your right an Exec member did get to the South GF but not to present awards unless your not telling us something.....
Our Club will definitely be at the AGM as will I and yes there will be questions asked

correct LifeMember....our Club secretary has received no notice of constitution change or agenda so unless we have been missed and we are the only ones not in the know there may be no chance of constitution change
Sledge your right an Exec member did get to the South GF but not to present awards unless your not telling us something.....
Our Club will definitely be at the AGM as will I and yes there will be questions asked

Not sure what club your from but I believe our club secretary has a copy of the new constitution. Our committee are meeting on Wed night and will discuss it there.

Good to hear that they were there! Maybe people are more interested in South Division then compared to Senior on account of no one attending that game.

Barrell, while all clubs have received the proposed new constitution, you are right in saying that the correct way to amend it is to show what the proposed changes are against the old constitution. The Department of Justice (where all constitutions have to filed) require a copy of the Agenda that is suppose to be sent out to clubs 21 days prior to the AGM, that show the proposed changes. As this has not happened, I fail to see how a new constitution can be passed and adopted.

I'm a simpleton but not much has really changed, i understand the whole 21 day thing but when its really such minor changes does it really matter?

I'm just pumped waiting for the season to start as most of the boys are.

Great start by Hampton on the weekend, playing on a great ground and pitch at Bentleigh with batsmen rewarded for their shots
I generally agree with your assessment of the ground. However, when I was last there, a couple of months ago, the ball would raise a small cloud of sand when it landed in the outfield. Is this still happening? I saw no evidence of the turf shifting under foot, but thought it a bit strange, given how immaculate it looked from a distance.

I generally agree with your assessment of the ground. However, when I was last there, a couple of months ago, the ball would raise a small cloud of sand when it landed in the outfield. Is this still happening? I saw no evidence of the turf shifting under foot, but thought it a bit strange, given how immaculate it looked from a distance.
Was probably top dressed the week u were there, this is common practice to reduce thatch build up and keep a healthy level playing surface. If done properly the sand will settle after a week or two.

Was probably top dressed the week u were there, this is common practice to reduce thatch build up and keep a healthy level playing surface. If done properly the sand will settle after a week or two.
That makes sense. They probably did this over the Xmas break. Thanks for the reply. The bloke who looks after it does a marvellous job.

Back