South East Cricket Association (seca) 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunt - votes in the negative were:
Clubs: HWCC, UNION, UNITING, ESBC, ELWOOD
Life members: PARK, ISAACS, ARNOLD, PULLEN
Execs: RAINEY, ARNOLD
11 in total.

Aspendale, Aspendale Gardens & Beaumaris weren't able to vote.
Cheltenham, Cheltenham Park, Dingley, East Bentleigh Central, Kingston Saints, McKinnon, Melbourne Hellenic & Melbourne Wanderers failed to do either of attend or submit a proxy vote.

Life members in favour: ABBOTT, BENSON, KELLY, LINDROTH, MASSEY, MCCONCHIE, MOORE, TILLETT, TOMLINSON, WALLACE, WARD.
All other clubs and the 3 other Execs voted in favour.
That's interesting UM, whats was the communication to clubs around the meeting? As far as I can tell our club was not invited to attend?

Speak to your Secretary, Army. Communications were definitely there. If not, I'd suggest your club get in touch with John Adamson and update your contact details.

Mackie won't (too many Bentligh teams). Omega might (although it would be to Brighton Union). Kingston Heath might do but probably won't.
Cluden should do but they don't have the mental capacity required to come up an idea like and the WashUps might actually be the ones. Interesting times.

'' Coatesville Cricket Club '' ?
'' Glen Eira Cricket Club '' ?
'' Moorabbin East Cricket Club '' ?
''Kingston Mordi Brae Cricket Club '' ?
'' Hurlingham Park Cricket Club '' ?
'' Dog Park Cricket Club '' ???????? off leash woof woof

Mackie won't (too many Bentligh teams). Omega might (although it would be to Brighton Union). Kingston Heath might do but probably won't.
Cluden should do but they don't have the mental capacity required to come up an idea like and the WashUps might actually be the ones. Interesting times.

Haven't been on much, but been a long time reader. Cluden probably will never change it's name due to the 90 years of History attached to the name.

On another note with wb 2s and hucc going down (which HU should have done 2 years ago). Are we forgetting that neither of these teams actually finished last. Does this mean Elwood 2s get a shot to come up?

Rumour has it that a SECA club has picked up a player from the DDCA by the name of Ryan Hercules. A West Indian fast bowler and handy batsman. A friend who plays Turf 1 in the DDCA confirmed that indeed Mr Hercules was leaving his DDCA club, bur didn't know where.
He says that Mr Hercules is pretty sharp, and creates problems with the awkward bounce he generates. If he is to play in our comp, how much fun will Jimmy have with his headlines!

Ryan Hercules made his debut for Guyana in the 2003 Regional Under-15 tournament. He later represented Guyana in the 2005 TCL Group West Indies Regional Under-19 tournament, played in the Windwards, and then in the 2006 TCL Group West Indies Regional Under-19 tournament, played in Guyana. So impressive was he in the field during the 2006 regional Under-19 competition that he was named Best Fielder and Most Valuable Player (MVP) of that series.
Hercules played first division cricket in Trinidad from 2007-2009 before securing a contract as the overseas player for Shadwell Cricket Club, in Yorkshire. At Shadwell, he did not disappoint. In 2009 he played 41 matches, scored 1,190 runs (at an average of 38.39) and took 65 wickets at 13.50 apiece, and bowled with blistering pace. Shadwell retained Hercules for another season and in 2010 he scored 1,090 runs at an average of 41, and took 75 wickets at 11.10.
About playing in England, Hercules says, "You have to be very fit to play in England. You can be fielding all day without even breaking a sweat, so it is easy to cramp up,” and, “I have gone to England work. Cricket is my job. I am not on a holiday.” Hercules credits his mom with advising and supporting him all the way, and (current East Bank Essequibo Cricket Committee chairman) Alvin Johnson for being his "manager, coach and everything else."
His current highest ambition is to play for Guyana, which would be the "highest honor" for him, and he does not rule out playing Test cricket either.
In 2010 Rryan represented Bess Motors Spoilers Sports Club, of Marchin Road, Charlieville, Chaguanas, Trinidad.
In 2011 Hercules represented Wakefield St Michaels Cricket Club in Central Yorkshire League, playing division one cricket. He was planning to take the Level 2 coaching course and examinations in August 2011, and start a youth program in his native Parika (Essequibo) the same year.
In 2012 Ryan represented Barnsley Cricket Club, in Yorkshire, during the northern summer. Later in 2012 Ryan was enlisted by Berwick Cricket Club. Berwick is a suburb of Melbourne, in the Australian State of Victoria, in the southeast corner of the Australian continent.
In 2013 Ryan represented Whiston Parish Cricket Club and Stainborough Cricket Club, both in South Yorkshire.

I heard that hercules might be opening the bowling, with the other hercules of the comp, who recently won a body building contest. And now 20 kilos lighter the two together if comes of will be a frightening thought for the new season.

Good evening gentlemen

It's your pleasure I've joined this board, season 2013-14 is going to be delicious, my great club of the competition has our house in order, we've some big signings coming to the Brick soon TBA.

I've also noticed of late the heavy criticism of some of my players in 'Jnr Watercannon' & 'Baron Derogatory'.........now these two are great men, it deeply saddens me that people outside the 'Omega family friends circle of trust' aka the 'off cot' pass judgement on our great club, I say get to know these men over a protein shake before you all pass dispersions on these great men.

I know about the gossip regarding my good mate 'Jon Potatos' joining us at our powerful club and his mate 'Dick Pull' it's early days ATM but we're working hard behind the Brick in hope they may join the OFF COT.....if anything comes to hand I shall let you all know.

Regards great man!!

I heard that hercules might be opening the bowling, with the other hercules of the comp, who recently won a body building contest. And now 20 kilos lighter the two together if comes of will be a frightening thought for the new season.

10 wickets @ 25 last season from 10 games and bowled just over 100 overs.Best effort was 3/17.Either had a few injuries during the season or he was just too good for the batsmen.May cause some carnage coming in at 5 or 6. Didn't make the finals either. Notice Mr Ernst's previous club won it. Clearly he did all of the development work, but never gets the credit! Hear Ricky Ponting pulling the pin in October. Living in Brighton and just wondering whether he will stick the snought in the trough one last time and finish the season with the Washups for some petrol money?

Rumour has it that a SECA club has picked up a player from the DDCA by the name of Ryan Hercules. A West Indian fast bowler and handy batsman. A friend who plays Turf 1 in the DDCA confirmed that indeed Mr Hercules was leaving his DDCA club, bur didn't know where.
He says that Mr Hercules is pretty sharp, and creates problems with the awkward bounce he generates. If he is to play in our comp, how much fun will Jimmy have with his headlines!

Salivating about that Mr.Golf. Goose, loved your work in Top Gun and hope you enjoyed your overseas trip.

there was a small push from some of the washups members to change name to packer park cricket club. name change got got no real support and the idea was scrapped.

is there a possibility of omega twos coming up into wooly to make up the 11th side????? After all they did finish 3rd last year and wouldnt be the first side to be promoted after failing to bring home the flag in season 2012/2013...... pretty sure ana and west bent twos were promoted to wooly a few years ago because of the cmca's push for longy teams to have a side in wooly

So no one-day game to end the season, i thought that worked well last season, to stop any dodgy outrights?

Agree there with you Super. Absolutley it worked well. Great way to finish the home and away season.
Been pretty quiet on here the last few days boys. Are you Aussies still getting over Trent Bridge? ;)

Omega just about longy flag favourites if the rumours about Pothitos and Jewell are true? Do they have the cash to pay for them on top of Leeroy, Gregory and Delac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back