South East Cricket Association (seca) 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tips for Round 2 (if I can rejoin after a year or two's absence):

My boys to beat Washington Park. :)
Bentleigh Uniting to beat Kingston Heath. Will be too strong.
Chelsea Heights over Union. Lockhart last week; wow!
ESBC to beat Carnegie South. Should be a cracking match.
Omega over Le Page. To notch up their first win back in the big league.
ANA to beet Mackie. Flip of a coin. Should be a good match too.

Longmuir Shield
Washington Park
Bentleigh Uniting
Chelsea Heights
ESBC
Omega
ANA

Woolnough Shield
Aspendale
West Bentleigh
Hampton Central
Bentleigh Uniting
Moorabbin West

Round 1 Preview

Sharks over the Machine
Uniting over Union easily
Heighters over Omega just
Beach Boys over Carnegie in an upset
Le Page over Golfers maybe?
ESBC over ANA just

Round 1 Review

5/6 with only the Panthers letting me down. What the hey, they were ordinary last season and may continue to be in 2013/14. Great wins from the Heighters and Sharks and the Beach Boys impressed as predicted. Early days yet though folks...

Round 2 Preview

Beach boys over the Wash Ups just
Uniting over The Golfers easily (Lalor to ton up)
Union over Chelsea just (Surely Lockhart can't bring 'em home again)
ESBC over Carnegie Sth in a thriller (Guy Martin to be the difference)
Omega over Le Page (The Panthers could be set for a long season if they drop this??)
ANA over Mackie just (Real flip of the coin but leaning to home side)

Good luck to all

Quasi

This place has been a hive of activity recently!!

My Round Three tips:

Spiders to get the chocolates over Union
Mackie over Le Page at home
My boys over ANA at the first home game of the season
The Sharks to beat the Ommies comfortably
Uniting to beat East Sandy in the match of the round
Golfers to lose to an in form Heights' outfit

Good luck all!

Round 3 tips in the 1st 2 day game of the season.

Carnegie South to continue last weeks good form to beat Brighton Union
Mackie over Le Page in a must win match for them
Elwood over ANA - very tough game to pick, both teams batted well last week
Washington Park to defeat Omega through their batting strength
Uniting over ESBC in the match of the round
Chelsea Heights to make it 3 in a row over Kingston Heath

Round 2 Preview

Beach boys over the Wash Ups just
Uniting over The Golfers easily (Lalor to ton up)
Union over Chelsea just (Surely Lockhart can't bring 'em home again)
ESBC over Carnegie Sth in a thriller (Guy Martin to be the difference)
Omega over Le Page (The Panthers could be set for a long season if they drop this??)
ANA over Mackie just (Real flip of the coin but leaning to home side)

Round 2 Review

3/6 (8/12 cumulative) was a mixed bag for moi, but aren’t all one-day rounds a mixed bag. Cannot make much of the ladder as yet and great to be getting back to the conventional 72 over format. Great win by the Spiders who seem to have the wood over the Juggies in recent times. Mackie and Omega would be most concerned about their starts. Uniting and Elwood the early pacesetters along with Chelsea who are already proving many pundits wrong. Long way to go however lads…

Round 3 Preview
Union over Spiders in an upset (The Hoops are always better at Hurly and will look to atone for their poor second up performance)
Mackie over Le Page just (Real flip of the coin bit the Machine simply have to win or a long season awaits).
Elwood over ANA just (Could go either way but the Beach Boys look the goods so far)
Sharks over Ommies just (Ivan’s men seem to be bereft of any form at present and we are only two rounds in)
Uniting over ESBC just (It should be a cracker and do not be surprised if the Maroons look to choke at some stage. However, they have too many guns and should get the job done).

Chelsea over Golfers just (On recent form they should do it easily, but this is just the sort of contest they have dropped in years gone by, so I will not be placing my hard earned on them).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Is Pup going to tell us what happened last week? Top scored Rd.1 and played Rd.2 in the magoos. When quizzed he explained he was carrying a niggle. Story from a few different sources have been fairly consistent about upsetting the coach.
Middlemiss seemed rapt to have another captain in the field during the second innings last Saturday.

Carnegie South
Mackie
ANA
Washington Park
Bentleigh Uniting
Kingston Heath

(Wooly)
Washington Park
Bentleigh Uniting
Moorabbin West
West Bentleigh
Aspendale Gardens

Good luck to all teams , a little bit of mail coming out of new scoreboard park is a few blokes found themselves in the the twos after a exchange with the suburb . And may be there for a while till they come to terms with his way of thinking. Maybe the pup may know a bit about it, or overdrive may know is this the first leak in the unsinkable good ship uniting. But could all be crap when your up there everybody trying knock you off, im sure it will be okay

A few blokes? Pup's silence on his issue is deafening. Word is Mander$ is injured & Cody was on a footy trip. Otherwise, it looks like business as usual for Uniting.
Although apparently Chubbs is 'starting to feel the pinch', but I don't think he'll be surprised to pull up stiff & sore after the first of the two day games and having bowled 18 overs.

Some of you might have heard that local clothing brand 'Big Dogg Australia" are sponsoring the SECA radio show.
All Longmuir centurians this season will receive a voucher from Big Dogg.
Brad Lockhart (Chelsea Heights) 122* in round 1 & Guy Martyn (East Sandy) 120 in round 3 have both won these.
Check out Big Dogg Australia on facebook and twitter @big_dogg_aust_

A few blokes? Pup's silence on his issue is deafening. Word is Mander$ is injured & Cody was on a footy trip. Otherwise, it looks like business as usual for Uniting.
Although apparently Chubbs is 'starting to feel the pinch', but I don't think he'll be surprised to pull up stiff & sore after the first of the two day games and having bowled 18 overs.
Good sources mick, The unknown can confirm that manders broke down mid over against the Golfers, and Cody played in Unitings 3s on the weekend

What's happened to park cricket? Seriously. Our game was over by 3pm on the weekend. We stuck around to have a beer with the opposition (which was supplied by our hosts - kudos to them), but instead they're in the nets getting flogged. I understand the level of professionalism we all want to strive for, but that's just ridiculous. FFS! Let's get it back to the old-fashioned have a beer after games and get flogged on the training track if we have a sh1t one. #disgruntled

3 rounds in..... predictions?

Longy:

Uniting
CH
East Sandy
ANA

Wooly:

Already set I reckon!! Order may change.... But I don't think it will

WB
Westers
Centrals
Uniting

Probably isn't a good thing that we don't get much change in ladder positions after only 4 weeks!! Could be a loooooooooooong last 8 weeks for some clubs when their aspirations are dashed so early!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back