Sri Lanka In England

5/396 now with Sangakkara out for 147 falling victim to Moeen Ali who claims his first test wicket. Angelo Mathews has scuttled along to 70.

Sri Lanka only 179 behind now as well.

Sri Lanka at the end of the day they get 415/7 with matthews not out on 79, sanga got out for 147 trying to cut a ball and edging it to prior. Seems like england has still got the edge with a decent lead of 160.

It's the last day and sri lanka are 169/3 but this match looks like it's going to be a draw so overall good cricket lets see what happens in headingly.

Sri Lanka finally get there wooooo the first test is officialy a draw jeez england gave a great fight jimmy anderson got that ball to reverse swing, I watched till the last ball we are off to headingly now this is the series decider :p

And so the second test begins england unchanged sri lanka ring chandimal and prasad which i think are very good moves.

england 211/2 at the end of tea not looking good for sri lanka they need about 3-4 wickets in the last session to bounce back up.

1 ball to spare.. Not even any highlights shown on Fox sports news, I think there is some broadcasting dispute on atm which is why it's not on TV unfortunately.

England in real strife at the moment, the loss to Australia 5-0 did a massive amount of psychological and physical damage to the side. Almost half the eleven from the last Ashes test are gone and England's batting has been struggling big time. Cook is well and truly under the pump, he is badly out of form and his captaincy decisions leave a lot to be desired at the moment. As typical for an English captain he is far too defensive and seems to jump into defence mode as soon as an opposition batsman looks like compiling a few runs. The comments from Warne have clearly got to him and they've done so fairly easily, Shane must be laughing to himself over there.

Have to say England have been woeful since coming here last November. If they lose the series to India you could well say Cook will get the axe or fall on his own sword with regards to the captaincy.

Back