Sri Lanka In New Zealand 14/15

Unfortunately the average NZ cricket fan has a habit of ignoring domestic performances. Elliott has been very impressive in the T20 then 50 over stuff for Wellington, looked a cut above everyone that played. Neesham struggled recently until he got that 80 odd against SL in a test, pretty sure he'll be around for the next WC though.

Watling has never been amazing at 50 over stuff so the Ronchi selection was a no-brainer, especially with Latham providing back up.

The Henry non-selection is the only that seems a bit odd from the outside but I'm guessing his poor 50 over performances for Canterbury when he came back counted against him...mind you, what an amazing bowler to come in if there's an injury!

Piss poor from the officials wasn't it? The SL team could have at least been told that DRS was down before that poor LBW decision in Guptill's favour.

Walker proving once again that most New Zealand umpires can't hack it. Billy is the only half decent umpire (and some would disagree lol) we have produced since I've been following cricket.

Walker proving once again that most New Zealand umpires can't hack it. Billy is the only half decent umpire (and some would disagree lol) we have produced since I've been following cricket.
Agree with that, mind you we struggle to get people in general to want to be umpires so it isn't really a surprise.

Thinking of the decision, SL should have been cool with it, if Guptill had stayed in we would have got no way near 300.

Back