Sri Lanka In New Zealand 15

Fantastic comeback by the kiwis. They've got it in them. Makes the result of the Adelaide Test and series and even bigger mockery,

Very green pitch and quite a bit of seam movement and bounce, so Sri Lanka did well to score what they did.

Having said that, the pitch is drying out and will likely get better for batting today and tomorrow.
Late reply but in my opinion there was not a lot of seam movement, at least no more than Dunedin.

What's happened in this game is that both sides are being done a pitch that is bouncier than your standard NZ pitch.

The thing that has really pissed me off is the straight ignorant crap spouted before the game by the journalists about the pitch and the insane talk in cyberspace that the pitch was doctored.

Late reply but in my opinion there was not a lot of seam movement, at least no more than Dunedin.

There wasn't much I will agree but there seemed to be a bit more sideways movement when NZ bowled. Obviously, more in the first SL innings.

But having said that...I can't recall one wicket falling due to seam movement lol. It has all been the extra bounce and pace that has gotten players out. Have to say, this wicket has more bounce than the WACA had in Australia.. :p

Nice to get the win and stay unbeaten in the last 13 Tests at home.

Kane is now officially the world's best test batsmen! Well deserved too!

Fantastic comeback by the kiwis. They've got it in them. Makes the result of the Adelaide Test and series and even bigger mockery,

Agree - great result by NZ.

I think you are way off the mark though commenting that it makes a mockery of anything that happened in the Aus vs NZ series!!!

Aus are a better side than NZ and should be expected to beat NZ at home.

NZ are a better side than SL and should be expected to beat SL at home.

Winning away from home against good sides is very difficult these days - makes the upcoming NZ vs Aus series a great contest that could go either way IMO.

I think you are way off the mark though commenting that it makes a mockery of anything that happened in the Aus vs NZ series!!!

Winning away from home against good sides is very difficult these days - makes the upcoming NZ vs Aus series a great contest that could go either way IMO.
Are you aware of the controversial incident at the Adelaide Test which in turn robbed them of victory and tying the series?

I still don't believe there is much between Australia and New Zealand in ability... Australia has the better bowling line-up and I would argue that New Zealand has the stronger batting line-up... If Boult had been at his best and the pitches in Australia had some life, then the results in Australia could have been even closer..

If we play at our best, I fully believe that NZ will beat Australia at home.

I still don't believe there is much between Australia and New Zealand in ability... Australia has the better bowling line-up and I would argue that New Zealand has the stronger batting line-up... If Boult had been at his best and the pitches in Australia had some life, then the results in Australia could have been even closer..

If we play at our best, I fully believe that NZ will beat Australia at home.

I completely agree - not much between the two teams.

That said, Aus did what was expected & won at home.

I would think NZ would start fav to win the series at home - all the pressure on them I think & a great series to look fwd to.

McCullum will want to go out on a high note!!!

Long bow??? Australia pretty much got an extra batsman and 100 free runs out of it. In a game they won by 3 wickets chasing 180.

Looks like we've found out Nigel llong's bigcricket account.

I'm surprised at how poor Sri Lanka have been. They've been completely outclassed in both games with both bat and ball which included the game not getting past the lunch break in game two.

It's almost getting to the point where it should be mandatory that New Zealand bat first in the remaining games.

I'm surprised at how poor Sri Lanka have been. They've been completely outclassed in both games with both bat and ball which included the game not getting past the lunch break in game two.

It's almost getting to the point where it should be mandatory that New Zealand bat first in the remaining games.
Sri Lanka's A side got toasted on their tour of NZ as well.

Back