Sri Lanka vs Australia - June/July 2022

So 2-1 to Australia in the T20I matches with Sri Lanka claiming the ODI's 3-2. The "A" series ODD matches were tied 1-1 while Australia defeated Sri Lanka in the "A" first-class games 2-0.

Onto the tests now with Australia 8/313 at stumps on day two, leading Sri Lanka by 101 runs. Certainly an interesting stage of the game and the bad weather at the start of the day won't affect a result I wouldn't have thought unless there is more such weather to come.

Cummins will look to whack as many as he can tomorrow to build a lead, they'd be somewhat hopeful of at least a lead of 125 I'd have thought before bowling again.

Pure guts, determination, resolve and improved spin play has us sitting pretty with a big lead on a deteriorating deck that will not be any easier for the Lankans to bat on. They may well have cut their own throat producing this dust bowl. How good were Khawaja, Green and Carey to carve a solid advantage from the miserable early position we found ourselves in.

Play has restarted yet Fox is showing a replay now adds. Reckon it forgot there was an early start. How embarrassing.:(

Aussie quicks may be pleased to see the ball reversing like the one that just cleaned up the skipper.

Swepson also goes to a seering in swinger. Aussies with a 109 lead.. substantial given the scoreboard pressure the Lankans are facing.

Last edited:
Poor start by Starc. This bloke constantly has trouble maintaining pressure. Yet our most economical and pressure building bowler Josh Hazlewood warms a bench and carries drinks..

Last edited:
I am blown away! Who'd have picked that Australia would roll a sub continental side at home by lunch on the third day.

Last edited:
All our spinners were good but this match was won yesterday by three blokes.. Ussie, Cam Green and Alex Carey.
Master stroke by our skipper, identifying where Nathan Lyon was having the most success then handing the ball to his only other offie Travis Head to follow suit. Head nailed his length to perfection aided by a crumbling deck and some inept spin play by the opposition.

Last edited:
Cameron Green is the Man of the Match . Had to be a batsman and out of he and Usman. The giant all rounder continues to impress.

Wow that was quick, well done what a great effort and Green continues to show why he has been so highly touted.

Second Test:
The Iceman is back after a 546 day dry spell. It was the Master, Steve Smith and his Apprentice, Marnus Labuchagne on show in Galle as they put a depleted Lankan attack to the sword on the first day.

Last edited:
Back