Subbies 2010-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you heard on the "gravevine" Melton would prefer to play Willy, Gee, big surprise there, 'cause its' "one out, all out" with the Willy boys. I suspect that both the Oaks and Melton would be expecting to play their respective opponents since the final 6 was finalised. I would reckon that the "great man's" chances of carrying his boys into the grand final have diminished greatly after a net session facing your "pies. He may go in overconfident, Still he is an absolute"gun" and if anyone can do it, "Sheeds" is the man.

i only post what im told.......by a malton top order batsmen who failed on the w/e

well all the winning semi's ive been involved with down their the main man has failed well got 30's or 40's.....others chip in......hence hodgey for bog......(likes the oaks meduim pacers)

my pies were hot with the new kooka i had in hand........;)

I think it's common knowledge that Williamstown rely on Sheedy, Hodges, Sandars and Murdoch to make their runs.

The threat of Allens x 2, Kirk, Alexander, Gale and Geisler looms larger than the 4 bats of Williamstown.

The weekends' games in the East-West won't be walks in the park but for the me, it's the favourites. The home sides look more balanced than the star-dependent Noble Park and Williamstown

The question I do have is when the rain forecast for late Sunday will actually arrive.

Semi Final tips,looks like the forecast rain is staying away;
East/West-Melton v Noble Park-this one hinges on how well Melton's renowned top order play the Sri Lankan leggie,
last time they met he could only bowl the 9 overs[2/27],different story tomorrow.
He,Perera,destroyed Willy last week and if he reproduces that then there could be a major shock in store.
Gonna tip Noble to end the Lions winning run.
Oakleigh v Willy-The home sides all round strength should see them home,although if the great man can bat first and post a score then the Oaks could get the jitters like last year against Coburg.
North/South-Caulfield v Coburg-could be the best game of them all,the visitors seem to excel at this time of the year and while they mightn't seem as strong on paper as Caulfield they'll certainly tough it out.
Be interesting to see how Cruickshank goes in a final,he could be the difference if he fires,will stick to Caulfield but only just.
Malvern v Elsternwick-will be backing the Wickers here,Malvern too prone to batting collapses and shouldn't really be here anyway.
All 4 games could go either way,we're in for some very entertaining cricket I'm sure.
Come on boys your tips?

Have a look at Elsternwicks only performance in a 2 day came before talking about batting collalses ! Malvern by a mile and Caulfield probably as easily.

Im a little undecided on the finals system, yes it was good for a side like Broady to get a crack at playing finals after finishing 6th but there is just something about the championship final that is pretty special and hopefully it comes back one day. One would think it would be Caulfield, Malvern, Melton and Oakleigh to go through but you never know, a lot of upsets occur at semi final time.

Caulfield has to be wary of the Lewis factor against Coburg if big Mick fires up he could run through the Caulfeild line up but you would think that with Richardson, Duane, Cruikshank and Pritchard(we will be able to add Bartlett to this list next season) they would have too much fire power.

Malvern rely heavily on Bhatt and Chard but should get through but as was seen last week they are no sure things and Elsternwick did knock them off earlier in the season.

Melton should easily account for Noble Park after their first scare last week. Geisler, Allen, Gale and Kirk won't all fail again. Noble's batting relies heavily on Harper and Edmunds who didn't look in great shape last week but Pereria is hitting them cleanly and bowled unbelievably last weekend so he could be the x factor. Jones and Concrete to bowl Melton home easily in my opinion.

Oakleigh and Willy looks the closest match of the lot. The danger for Willy is that Oakleigh's two best bat's Travaglia and Street haven't had great season's and are due for some runs. Mohan is the danger man for Oak's and has been slaying them everywhere all season. Pinwill normally steps up this time of year and his battle with Sheedy will be one to watch. Hall and Sandars have been in solid form at the top of the order and if they can get Willy off to a solid start before Sheedy comes in Willy may be hard to beat.

Caulfield v Malvern and Melton v Willy for me next weekend, good luck to all clubs.

3s and 4s are moving to align themselves with the 1s and 2s, next year its North/West, East/South. The 4 group system hasn't worked well and with juniors playing mainly Friday's it allows for teams to get better organised to get to games (don't know about Croydon V Melton or something like that though).

4 group system has been great a success. Having a home & away fixture has strengthened the bonds/rivalries between the clubs and the reduction in travel has been very welcome. Noone wants to travel an hour or more to play at that level - quite apart from the logistical nightmare of getting juniors from one side of town to the other (juniors play Saturday morning in our area). As for the idea of a final six - three weeks of Saturday/Sunday cricket is too much to ask of 3s/4s players.

I agree YWL,the championship final was a great concept but it may have run its race,6 finalists outr of 14 seems about the right balance for me.
Also 100% with you Dainty,thats exactly why this system was introduced,becomes a logistical nightmare otherwise.
Asa far as I know there was only 1 of the West group sides not in favour so hopefully it will stay as is.

G'day Guys,

I have assisted the VSDCA set up a Twitter account for this weekends matches so that we can all post updates and scores to share around the grounds and grades. I'd appreciate if you could get involved if possible and provide updates from games you are attending so this can work as intended. Please keep it to scores and descriptions rather than personal attacks so we can all enjoy!

Thanks
B&G OCC

I'll make an account and keep you updated from Oakleigh.

Im a little undecided on the finals system, yes it was good for a side like Broady to get a crack at playing finals after finishing 6th but there is just something about the championship final that is pretty special and hopefully it comes back one day. One would think it would be Caulfield, Malvern, Melton and Oakleigh to go through but you never know, a lot of upsets occur at semi final time.

Caulfield has to be wary of the Lewis factor against Coburg if big Mick fires up he could run through the Caulfeild line up but you would think that with Richardson, Duane, Cruikshank and Pritchard(we will be able to add Bartlett to this list next season) they would have too much fire power.

Malvern rely heavily on Bhatt and Chard but should get through but as was seen last week they are no sure things and Elsternwick did knock them off earlier in the season.

Melton should easily account for Noble Park after their first scare last week. Geisler, Allen, Gale and Kirk won't all fail again. Noble's batting relies heavily on Harper and Edmunds who didn't look in great shape last week but Pereria is hitting them cleanly and bowled unbelievably last weekend so he could be the x factor. Jones and Concrete to bowl Melton home easily in my opinion.

Oakleigh and Willy looks the closest match of the lot. The danger for Willy is that Oakleigh's two best bat's Travaglia and Street haven't had great season's and are due for some runs. Mohan is the danger man for Oak's and has been slaying them everywhere all season. Pinwill normally steps up this time of year and his battle with Sheedy will be one to watch. Hall and Sandars have been in solid form at the top of the order and if they can get Willy off to a solid start before Sheedy comes in Willy may be hard to beat.

Caulfield v Malvern and Melton v Willy for me next weekend, good luck to all clubs.

malton willy g/f........correct.....well done boys......

congrats on the win red......we have something in common now......next time ill see you you'll have a tat yeah????

my mate richo........what a freak!!!!

Great weekend for the Brighton Cricket Club. Thirds premiers scoring 300+ with 2 century makers. Fourths premiers with an amazing reverse outright against the top side. seconds into the grandfinal for 3rd time in 4 years so time to win it. And Elsternwick lost outright ! Caulfield vs Malvern difficult to select. Probably Caulfield at home will be able to score enough runs. Might have been different at Malvern !

Great weekend for the Brighton Cricket Club. Thirds premiers scoring 300+ with 2 century makers. Fourths premiers with an amazing reverse outright against the top side. seconds into the grandfinal for 3rd time in 4 years so time to win it. And Elsternwick lost outright ! Caulfield vs Malvern difficult to select. Probably Caulfield at home will be able to score enough runs. Might have been different at Malvern !

What an effort by the Willy boys!!!!!!!!! No home ground, so have had to travel each week, Still manged to finish 3rd but were widely predicted to go out in straight sets, But with a team of kids, well supported by a few experienced players, the have absolutely given it to the Oaks on their own ground,

But where to for the Oaks? A strong club, who appear to be well led on the field by JT. However One grand final in 3 years and two consecutive abysmal semi final losses with the playing group they have will cleary rankle with the head honchos. Look for some aggressive recruiting next year.

What an effort by the Willy boys!!!!!!!!! No home ground, so have had to travel each week, Still manged to finish 3rd but were widely predicted to go out in straight sets, But with a team of kids, well supported by a few experienced players, the have absolutely given it to the Oaks on their own ground,

But where to for the Oaks? A strong club, who appear to be well led on the field by JT. However One grand final in 3 years and two consecutive abysmal semi final losses with the playing group they have will cleary rankle with the head honchos. Look for some aggressive recruiting next year.

no sh1t.........weapo was on the money........

imo cant be too well led if those stats are true!!!!

melton $1.01
willy $5.00

melton to have their 1st loss on home turf.......grouse

Hey Weapons,don't bother applying for your bookies licence cobber!Well done to all flag winners so far,and to Melton,Willy,Caulfield and Malvern for getting through to next week.
Two intruiging local derbies to end the year,cant wait.

Hey Weapons,don't bother applying for your bookies licence cobber!Well done to all flag winners so far,and to Melton,Willy,Caulfield and Malvern for getting through to next week.
Two intruiging local derbies to end the year,cant wait.

no worries cob..........hahaha give me your odds...... gorrila on willy

that begs to question who is he best west/south team in the last 10 years.....willy 4 granny's (2 champ final wins 2 losses) in that time melton 2 with 1 champ final....i think....

id say caulfield then malvern in the south......

north......would be coburg

east........my mate sheps team box hill then oaks......

hey conc they gonna cut the grass down maccy park this week?????

no sh1t.........weapo was on the money........

imo cant be too well led if those stats are true!!!!

melton $1.01
willy $5.00

melton to have their 1st loss on home turf.......grouse

Yeah don't know about your odds there mate. I'd have it at Melton $1.30 Willy $3.00. Melton have to go in as favourites after their big win at home against Willy in the last round of the year. However that was a one day match and Willy's bowler's especially are far more suited to two day cricket. It should be a magnificant contest, two pretty big rival's meeting in a grand final for the first time in a far while.

A positive for Melton has been the return to form of Alexander in recent weeks. He struggled for the first 12 rounds but come good in round 13 against Willy getting a 90* and continuing that on last weekend with a 60. Kirk and Mick Allen have been slaying them all season and Geisler has chipped in, the only one that hasn't performed to his best is Butch with an average of 20 this season but that just means he is due. On the bowling side of things Wheelahan(concrete) has had his best season to date,Duncan Harrison the same Geisler and Allen have chipped when needed. The danger man though is Joones, he had been extremely quite in the home and away season but has lifted when it counts in the two finals. I recall him getting 5fa in the champ final a couple of years ago so is a big game performer.

For Willy, obviously Sheedy is the big scalp. An amazing year again from him scoring close to 800 runs and taking 20+ wickets. He is so consistant and always seems to get a score in big games. Last time Willy were crowned premiers he churned out a 120 in the final, everyone down at Burbank Oval is hoping he can reproduce. However he will need help and so far this season Sandars has been his right hand man contributing in nearly every match throughtout the season. Murdoch was also back to form last week with a 48 but watch out for Hodges and Davis both very dangerous when they get going and could be the suprise packets this week. With the bowling it may look one dimensional but gee it is effective. Speakman is back to his best of 3 or 4 years ago and it just not bowling bad balls. Just puts it on the spot and the batsmen end up making the mistake, Sheedy is the same, he rarely goes for more than 2 an over. Last week he didn't get a wicket but went for 45 from his 23 overs and that just builds pressure.

Hopefully we can see a good tight battle that is still in the balance come 5:30 sunday. Go Willy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back