Subbies 2010-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton do a lot right, but the numbers are in their favour. Melton's estimated population this year is 109,000 and rising.
Strewth, that is a staggering statistic!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe they will dominate for a long period of time. But raw numbers don't guarantee success. If they did, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh would be world cricket powerhouses. Anyway, there is talk that they are hopeful of admission to Premier cricket in the next few years.

Strewth, that is a staggering statistic!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe they will dominate for a long period of time. But raw numbers don't guarantee success. If they did, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh would be world cricket powerhouses. Anyway, there is talk that they are hopeful of admission to Premier cricket in the next few years.

No doubt they have a lot in their favour but as you said they are doing it better than others at the moment. Good on them, they deserve their success but I would love to see someone knock them off this season.

They are in a "red hot" group this year. Kew have recruited aggressively, and just needed an ounce of luck in the last few finals series, Preston (trust me) will be much better this year and Williamstown, provided that Sheeds can be the equivelent of three players will be strong again. Brunswick and Coburg should also be in contention.

I am not sure that the boys from Maccy Park are going to have things all their own way this year.

They are in a "red hot" group this year. Kew have recruited aggressively, and just needed an ounce of luck in the last few finals series, Preston (trust me) will be much better this year and Williamstown, provided that Sheeds can be the equivelent of three players will be strong again. Brunswick and Coburg should also be in contention.

I am not sure that the boys from Maccy Park are going to have things all their own way this year.

ill have a gorilla with ya......

Yeah, He loves pies so much that Caulfield must have bought him a Ferguson Plaire franchise. And Heath Pritchard loves the club so much that, after stepping down as coach, he is prepared to travel from Ainsbury to Caulfied a couple of times a week. Lotta love going on at Caulfield. They say that love conquers all, so maybe this will be their year.

Whats the set up of the points system in premier? Wonder why subbies aint going with it. I dont think any club can have a go at another regarding $$$ paid - most are as bad as the other. Malvern must have paid out 100,000s for the last few yrs!

Only 10 clubs voted in favour of points system. With payment not policed, if you are getting away with it why vote for the points system to come in?

Whats the set up of the points system in premier? Wonder why subbies aint going with it. I dont think any club can have a go at another regarding $$$ paid - most are as bad as the other. Malvern must have paid out 100,000s for the last few yrs!

I don't think anyone has been having a go at another club just laughing at the fact that Caulfield say that Bartlett is playing for the love of the game, surely you agree that's a bit rich.

Boglis gone would be a huge disapointment to Altona. Remember Weapons told us "I'm in the know, Boglis to Sunshine."
Fair dinkum that bloke couldn't find his ample arse with both hands.

Just supplementing his miserly income as an associate lawyer,Could understand it if he was on the chain at Gilbertsons.
I did tell you Weapons just made up the Boglis to Sunshine story.

Just supplementing his miserly income as an associate lawyer,Could understand it if he was on the chain at Gilbertsons.
boglis never trained. and really isn't that much of a loss (he isnt that good anyway) to a pretty strong altona outfit. we will have no problems covering him. he is a smart arse, good riddance is all i can say.

boglis never trained. and really isn't that much of a loss (he isnt that good anyway) to a pretty strong altona outfit. we will have no problems covering him. he is a smart arse, good riddance is all i can say.

Looks like the pot has been stirred down at Altona. I think it is a huge loss though, he is a proven performer over a lengthy period of time. Very suprising that he has left for the coin.

A lot of talk of $$$$ currently going on...so the question poses itself - who has been the biggest money whore over the last decade or so in subbies? Pepe Harper - must have had 4-5 clubs, Nuane Kalpage - at least 7-8 clubs, Sean Ayres - 3 clubs...who else has had multiple clubs of the coin?

Touche'. Absolutely loved it.

Now that's what we are looking for. In three short lines, PB has managed to "pot" Monty, any cricket playing meat worker and "some other bloke". WE need to hear more from you and less from "that other bloke".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back