Subbies 2010-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRhey've fallen off the pace the last few years,bit surprised thgey didnt go for a bigger name,not that I know anything about Dunlop.Is that Andrew Blake one of the bowlers you referred to Mad quick?,was probably the best bowler in the comp there for a while,think he retired due to injury?

Come on Weapons,you just made that up didn't you?
Fixtures are now out for 11/12,excellent work from the executive to have it out so early,much earlier than in the past.

I agree,a strange decision,however nought to do with Subbies exec,voted for by the clubs.
Going to be a logistical nightmare for some clubs.

3s & 4s are back to NW and SE permanent groupings. Only following 1s & 2s this season by co-incidence. Much better to play groups of 14 with final six, than in the smaller groups where everyone makes the finals.

South/East group dont have the extremities of travel as North/West,try getting to say Kew or Plenty Valley from Melton for a 12.30 start with 8 or 9 15 year olds who dont finish juniors till 11.30.
4 out of 7 is hardly everyone playing finals,is it not preferable that only 3 sides miss out on finals than 8?,the season can be over by Xmas for many.

Has been plenty of debate on this topic and opinion is certainly divided. Yes its hard to get all the kids there in time but it is much more beneficial for those kids to come up against different opponets on different pitches instead of playing the same sides over and over. Maybe the committee should make the 3's one dayers 40 overs in stead of 45 and start at 1 just like the 4's do.

i have heard on the grapevine that a captain from a struggling club has left for dollars at either of two clubs..
The said club, of which the player has left, is recruiting quite well from what i am led to believe and the former captain may be left with egg on his face!!!!

Anyone else heard any news on player movements or new recruits?
Melton held their annual general meeting this week and announced that Shane Harwood had signed and would be playing this season.

Apparently the club has agreed to give him time off to play with the Renegades during the Big Bash in January. Should freshen him up nicely, come finals time (that's assuming they make it, haha).

Personally I think this is good news for the competition to have such a high profile player opt for subbies. Yeah, and I know we don't have to worry about him for 2 years, but I still think it is good for our comp.

Melton held their annual general meeting this week and announced that Shane Harwood had signed and would be playing this season.

Apparently the club has agreed to give him time off to play with the Renegades during the Big Bash in January. Should freshen him up nicely, come finals time (that's assuming they make it, haha).

Personally I think this is good news for the competition to have such a high profile player opt for subbies. Yeah, and I know we don't have to worry about him for 2 years, but I still think it is good for our comp.

Instead of the annual couple of weeks away in January, my money has plenty of subbies players currently telling the missus they're happy to miss a game and head to Thailand when the airfares are cheaper this season...

Yeah you just have to wonder where all the money is coming from and how many of them are actually on coin. But your right it is a good thing for the comp, Lewis and been great and I'm sure Harwood will be just as good if not better.

You just have to feel for the batsmen that are going to face him this season. Harwood, Jones, Wheelahan and Geisler would have to be one of the best attacks in recent memory.

Yeah you just have to wonder where all the money is coming from and how many of them are actually on coin. But your right it is a good thing for the comp, Lewis and been great and I'm sure Harwood will be just as good if not better.

You just have to feel for the batsmen that are going to face him this season. Harwood, Jones, Wheelahan and Geisler would have to be one of the best attacks in recent memory.

You can always ask the "money" thing at most of the top clubs. I am facinated how Kew can now have FIVE premier grade players join them over the last couple of seasons or how Caulfield, Oakeigh and Malvern keep their playing groups together and still manage to recruit year after year.

When Melton won their first flag, 3 years ago, TEN of the eleven had come through their junior delevlopment program, (Mick Allen being the exception.) Maybe they are just doing it a little better than most at the moment, but things can change quickly. Nobody dominates in Subbies for long periods of time anymore.

When Melton won their first flag, 3 years ago, TEN of the eleven had come through their junior delevlopment program, (Mick Allen being the exception.) Maybe they are just doing it a little better than most at the moment, but things can change quickly. Nobody dominates in Subbies for long periods of time anymore.

Melton do a lot right, but the numbers are in their favour. Melton's estimated population this year is 109,000 and rising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back