Subbies 2011/12

Heard preston is looking pretty good with a few signings and new coach

So joker any names? Going by Preston website they have signed Ash Gannon as coach (non-playing)

No news on other northern teams?

Will be interesting to see how Roxborough Park errr sorry Broadmeadows go this year.

In an earlier post a few people were mentioning the development done at Willy Cricket ground. I attended a VFL game this weekend and Ive never seen the oval in such terrible condition. During the week the VFL were forced to inspect in the playing surface but declared the game go a head. Massive drainage problem! Id be suprsied if another football match starts at that venue in 2012. The entire oval has basically turned to mud. Will be interesting to see if they can fix this problem in time for Cricket.

That's surprising ondrive,i went past in probably February or thereabouts and they had the sprinklers going full bore and the surface looked fantastic.
Wouldn't have thought we've had that much rain to turn it into a bog,as you say must be a drainage issue.
Not much to report,Melton have lost Geisler and Johnstone to retirement but have picked up an allrounder from NZ.Nothing seems to have come from the andrew hall rumour,may have got that one wrong S&W.

That's surprising ondrive,i went past in probably February or thereabouts and they had the sprinklers going full bore and the surface looked fantastic.
Wouldn't have thought we've had that much rain to turn it into a bog,as you say must be a drainage issue.
Not much to report,Melton have lost Geisler and Johnstone to retirement but have picked up an allrounder from NZ.Nothing seems to have come from the andrew hall rumour,may have got that one wrong S&W.
Harwood still there Piston?

That's what this time of the year is for, PB, rumours. We all got a giggle from the "lasso" line, so that alone was worth the Hall rumour.

Nice work though about the NZ allrounder, apparently you are spot on with this one. According to some of the Melton lads, he is a genuine "walk in". He has been appointed at the the Shire Offices on a contract. They reckon his stats last year read better than that other South African they were chasing, Jaques Kallis. Their only concern is the standard of the cricket he played over there. However, he did play some decent cricket in England as well, so he may be a ready replacement for Geisler.

VSDCA Fixture is late to come out, ive heard they are having some different opinions in relation to some changes to the fixture.

I would love to hear some players thoughts on 2 topics
1. T20 game for points during the season.​
2. Championship or No Championship​

VSDCA Fixture is late to come out, ive heard they are having some different opinions in relation to some changes to the fixture.

T20 game for points, my opinion shouldn't be included we already have a T20 comp during the year and lets face it anyone can beat anyone. Scrap it lets play a full game, all players ive spoken to want it scrapped.

Championship bring it back yes its the cherry on the cake but all the players ive spoken to want it back. Lets have 2 premiers and 1 champion!!!

1. T20 games: whether we like it or not, this is the way of the future. Premier have brought back.
2. Championship results in a week of cricket 'dropping off' for 26 other 1st teams and all other grades, as they cannot extend season. Not a fan.

Haven't we covered this before?,for the sake of the record.
T20-deplore this affront to the game of cricket,however we'll follow premier like little lost sheep.
Love the CF,however might be in the too hard basket now especially if Caulfield doesn't want to host it,may not have the same appeal anyway if played elsewhere.

Haven't we covered this before?,for the sake of the record.
T20-deplore this affront to the game of cricket,however we'll follow premier like little lost sheep.
Love the CF,however might be in the too hard basket now especially if Caulfield doesn't want to host it,may not have the same appeal anyway if played elsewhere.

My opinion is it wouldn't matter where it was played as long as it was on one of the best Subbies ovals (ie Preston / Box Hill)

Heard a rumour that Altona are after Streiff from broady. would be a big loss for broady with the loss of hutchinson and the PNG guys from last year. Any truth to the rumour?

Heard a rumour that Altona are after Streiff from broady. would be a big loss for broady with the loss of hutchinson and the PNG guys from last year. Any truth to the rumour?

Have they definately lost Hutchinson? A while ago I heard the rumor that he was staying on and possibly his brother had been convinced for a bit of double Hutchinson...

Back