Subbies 2011/12

Tips for Round 2 one dayers;
Brighton v W'town-shoild be a hard fought game,Sheedy must get a big one or the Seagulls will struggle,Brighton just
Malvern v Elsternwick-another toughie,will go the visitors
RPB v Ormond-the combine were good last week against the champs,however at home an improving Ormond might just get up,[well picked last week SS]
Werribee v Melton-bravo YWL,you might be right about Werribee,but that wont help them tomorrow,Melton too good
Kingston Saints v Sunshine-the Crows were ok last week and can surprise in one dayers,but if The Saints are going to climb the ladder they must win this,and they should.
Moorabbin v Caulfield-never tip against Caulfield and not going to start now.
Altona v Yarraville-could be the best game of the round,Yarra might be the big improvers after years in the wilderness,maybe the home side after a big win at Willy last week might just win.
All in all an impossible round to tip with most games a toss up,lets hear everyones thoughts!

Tips for Round 2 one dayers;
Brighton v W'town-shoild be a hard fought game,Sheedy must get a big one or the Seagulls will struggle,Brighton just
Malvern v Elsternwick-another toughie,will go the visitors
RPB v Ormond-the combine were good last week against the champs,however at home an improving Ormond might just get up,[well picked last week SS]
Werribee v Melton-bravo YWL,you might be right about Werribee,but that wont help them tomorrow,Melton too good
Kingston Saints v Sunshine-the Crows were ok last week and can surprise in one dayers,but if The Saints are going to climb the ladder they must win this,and they should.
Moorabbin v Caulfield-never tip against Caulfield and not going to start now.
Altona v Yarraville-could be the best game of the round,Yarra might be the big improvers after years in the wilderness,maybe the home side after a big win at Willy last week might just win.
All in all an impossible round to tip with most games a toss up,lets hear everyones thoughts!

Brighton, only because it is at home
Elsternwick, Malvern seem to have lost a few
Ormond, Looking OK, got the runs in a canter last week
Melton
Saints, you're right PB, we need to start winning these sort of games
Caulfield
Altona

Some interesting results over the weekend, Werribee and Caulfield look to be flying, Ormond chasing 200+ two weeks in a row, Malvern battling. Decks obviously not that great over the weekend with some low scores. Some interesting match ups this weekend!

Brighton, only because it is at home
Elsternwick, Malvern seem to have lost a few
Ormond, Looking OK, got the runs in a canter last week
Melton
Saints, you're right PB, we need to start winning these sort of games
Caulfield
Altona
Who would have thought Melton would cost the full card. Makes our trip out there this week interesting!

Whoops!. Do we know where Harwood is? We have 2 Poms, one came back from last year, both got some on Saturday. Also have 2 Vanuatuans, one opens the bowling and has some heat!
Yeah no idea re Harwood. Vanuatuans!!! Nice! I wasnt aware cricket was played over there, oh well useful pick ups none the less by the sounds.

Unbelievable result, is Harwood going to go around for Melton again?

Harwood is out with a hamstring at the moment but is definitely playing for them this season. Alexander also is out with a hammy after injuring it in round 1 and Wheelahan is out for most of the season also, those three injuries may bring them back to the field for a while. Don't write them off with one poor match though, the likes of Allenx2, Kirk, Gale and Jones will get going soon. They also won't be the only side Werribee upset this season.

I was out at Beach Oval to watch a great game of cricket on Saturday. Well done to Brighton getting the win on the last ball of the game. Brighton's bowling is very strong this season and they should be pushing for a finals birth.

INVITATIONAL PLAYERS FOR T20
Box Hill - McKenna (?)​
Coburg - Brad Hodge (No introduction required - also heard he is playing T20 for Mill Park)​
Plenty Valley - Andy Delmont (Richmond)​
Preston - Marcus Stoinis (Northcote / WA Warriors)​
Bayswater - Ian Holland (Ringwood / Vic 2nds)​
Anyone know who else is playing invitationals?

Box Hill - McKenna (?)​
Coburg - Brad Hodge (No introduction required - also heard he is playing T20 for Mill Park)​

Ivanhoe - Tim Buzard (Carlton)
Caulfield - Graeme Rummans (St Kilda)
Oakleigh - Neil Schlittler (Prahran)

Sam Coates is playing for Ormond. I don't know of any club that has offered any cash whatsoever for appearances in T20 games, in fact Premier clubs have actively been shopping around their players to get better exposure in recent times.

One thing that is very noticebale in teams selected for tonight is the new influx of young U21 talent coming through - this is the real winner of the Subbies T20 comp for mine.

Maybe I am being a little cynical, but if Brad Hodge is playing at Coburg and Mill Park and lives in Cehltenham/Sandringham, it's a long way to go for nicks!

Caulfield - Graeme Rummans (St Kilda)
Oakleigh - Neil Schlittler (Prahran)

Some very good performances frmo the invitatioanl players last night:

Stoinis 108* for Preston, Holland 70-odd* for Baysie, Delmont 87, Schlittler and Rummans whirlwind 29 and 41 respectively.

Melton crushed 2/225 on a deck at Yarraville that was unplayable on Saturday!

Arent these marquee players just depriving Subbies talent of a T20 bat / bowl? I realise the exposure it brings and may lead to recruits down the track (ie Manser who transferred to Brighton this year), but with 20 overs to bat, doesn't it just stop a young player having a hit?

I think you're right. I would love to see/play against Brad Hodge in this format and I congratulate Coburg for getting him. If he gets a dollar, good for him,because he will give more than he gets.

But the Premier players, PARLEESE!!!!. They are just after an extra innings, its better (for them) than normal Tuesday training, and don't worry, plenty of them are being "re imbursed" for their time, and it prevents our own players from having time in the middle.

Just to top matters off, the Lions, who have figured in all three finals (and won two) will announce that Brendan Drew will be playing for them throughout the rest of the competition.

Back