subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

Young Willi Lad;273602 said:
Mate it is true. Troy Davis aka seamer got 229 in the 4ths. Well done to him but what is he doing in the 4ths, from memory he got 60odd in the 2s last year. Also our other mate bubba played in the 4ths last week and only made 15, average form from bub. And Justin Siedlecki is also in the 4ths at melton another 2s player from last year.

What is going on down there D.H?

obviously young willi lad is another willi spruiker whose been fed with a silver spoon his whole life like all willi juniors have

Young Willi Lad;273602 said:
Mate it is true. Troy Davis aka seamer got 229 in the 4ths. Well done to him but what is he doing in the 4ths, from memory he got 60odd in the 2s last year. Also our other mate bubba played in the 4ths last week and only made 15, average form from bub. And Justin Siedlecki is also in the 4ths at melton another 2s player from last year.

What is going on down there D.H?

obviously young willi lad is another willi spruiker whose been fed with a silver spoon his whole life like all willi juniors have

wait there;273789 said:

Looks like more Willi envy on the subbies board...:eek:

The more things change the more they stay the same.

wait there;273789 said:

Looks like more Willi envy on the subbies board...:eek:

The more things change the more they stay the same.

wait there;273789 said:

no silver spoon when i was coach let me tell u that...........;)

keep it simple train hard play hard............gee i must practice what i preech......:eek:

are you from the wdca and hate us cause we are so good and have a record number of jnr teams in the wdca this year.........all the good jnrs come to us and werribee ask yourself the question why................????

wait there;273789 said:

keep it simple train hard play hard............gee i must practice what i preech......:eek:

are you from the wdca and hate us cause we are so good and have a record number of jnr teams in the wdca this year.........all the good jnrs come to us and werribee ask yourself the question why................????

Watcher;273696 said:
Watcher can tell you that there are quite a few players playing low at Melton due to not doing any pre seson training,poor commitment etc.I went for a look at the twos and boy its a much much different look.

thats fair enough.........

Watcher;273696 said:
Watcher can tell you that there are quite a few players playing low at Melton due to not doing any pre seson training,poor commitment etc.I went for a look at the twos and boy its a much much different look.

thats fair enough.........

Watcher;273696 said:

Thanks mate, thought that must have been the reason.
Good to see C.Face aka Disco Stu making 55 last week.
Your right it is a different side.
The experience of Jensen and Beeson is gone, they are now playing 3s, Davis, Pinder and J.Siedlecki playing in lower XI's also, although Davis won't stay there for long lol.
Good to see some young fellars still in the side like Merlo and M. Siedlecki, i think the Kennedy's are young players as well but dont mark me down on that one.
It will be interesting to see how they go this week, they wouldn't want to go 0-2 early in the season.
I'll back them in to chase 185 with our mate Disco Stu to get amungst them again to get himself back up into the 1s.

Watcher;273696 said:

Thanks mate, thought that must have been the reason.
Good to see C.Face aka Disco Stu making 55 last week.
Your right it is a different side.
The experience of Jensen and Beeson is gone, they are now playing 3s, Davis, Pinder and J.Siedlecki playing in lower XI's also, although Davis won't stay there for long lol.
Good to see some young fellars still in the side like Merlo and M. Siedlecki, i think the Kennedy's are young players as well but dont mark me down on that one.
It will be interesting to see how they go this week, they wouldn't want to go 0-2 early in the season.
I'll back them in to chase 185 with our mate Disco Stu to get amungst them again to get himself back up into the 1s.

While im on the 2s games i might talk about what happened on Saturday.

Broady bowled bundoora out for 114 and are 4/63 in reply, looks like another dodgy wicket at Sewell Reserve, you'd expect Broady to get up with their best bat Lawson yet to bat and he is in form.
Willy made 7/276 against Coburg. Well Done to J.Gallivan getting amungst them getting 45* and young Nick Rainone backing up from his 50* not out in round 1 to get another very solid 35. That should be a winning score on a very slow ground but we will have to wait and see.
Sunshine got 186 and Brunswick are 0/6 in reply. Well done to former Willy junior Dave Mazzone who got 51 and to J.Smith from Brunswick who got 6/65. You'd think Brunswick would have no trouble at all getting that score at Dempster Park which usually has a good batting wicket.
Balwyn made 263 against Altona at Altona. Well done to Kiker making 65. You would think they would be able to defend a score like that but on a very good batting wicket with a very strong batting line up the A's last year's grand finalists could get very close.
Yarraville made 217 against Ivanhoe who are 1/6 in reply. Well done to Torre who got 104 nearly half of their score. I am going to back in Yarraville to defend that score with a pretty decent bowling line up.
In the final game of the round Werribee hosted Preston and only got 138. In reply Preston are 0/53. It looks like a big win on the way for Preston who are looking pretty strong. In my opinion wbee are going to struggle a lot this year in the lower 11s with 3 junior players who played 1sts last year in Dean, Chadwick and Hill leaving to persue District careers along with Smith who played 2's. This filters down and i can't see them making the finals as they did last year in the 2's.

Good luck to everyone on day 2.

While im on the 2s games i might talk about what happened on Saturday.

Broady bowled bundoora out for 114 and are 4/63 in reply, looks like another dodgy wicket at Sewell Reserve, you'd expect Broady to get up with their best bat Lawson yet to bat and he is in form.
Willy made 7/276 against Coburg. Well Done to J.Gallivan getting amungst them getting 45* and young Nick Rainone backing up from his 50* not out in round 1 to get another very solid 35. That should be a winning score on a very slow ground but we will have to wait and see.
Sunshine got 186 and Brunswick are 0/6 in reply. Well done to former Willy junior Dave Mazzone who got 51 and to J.Smith from Brunswick who got 6/65. You'd think Brunswick would have no trouble at all getting that score at Dempster Park which usually has a good batting wicket.
Balwyn made 263 against Altona at Altona. Well done to Kiker making 65. You would think they would be able to defend a score like that but on a very good batting wicket with a very strong batting line up the A's last year's grand finalists could get very close.
Yarraville made 217 against Ivanhoe who are 1/6 in reply. Well done to Torre who got 104 nearly half of their score. I am going to back in Yarraville to defend that score with a pretty decent bowling line up.
In the final game of the round Werribee hosted Preston and only got 138. In reply Preston are 0/53. It looks like a big win on the way for Preston who are looking pretty strong. In my opinion wbee are going to struggle a lot this year in the lower 11s with 3 junior players who played 1sts last year in Dean, Chadwick and Hill leaving to persue District careers along with Smith who played 2's. This filters down and i can't see them making the finals as they did last year in the 2's.

Good luck to everyone on day 2.

wait there;273789 said:
obviously young willi lad is another willi spruiker whose been fed with a silver spoon his whole life like all willi juniors have[/QUOT

Why don't you stick to the WDCA. Why would you be dirty on a club just because they are successful?

wait there;273789 said:
obviously young willi lad is another willi spruiker whose been fed with a silver spoon his whole life like all willi juniors have[/QUOT

Why don't you stick to the WDCA. Why would you be dirty on a club just because they are successful?

weapons05/06;273859 said:

not all the good jnrs go to willi champ.. plenty of good juniors who have kept with there junior wdca club and continue to be successful for there club.. willi jnrs just perceive themselves to be the best.. maybe its becuase of the volume of kids who play for the jnr club.. i'm not saying that they aren't good.. but if you compare the amount of players willi jnrs have who continue and progress to play senior cricket.. compared to wdca clubs.. i think you'll find that wdca clubs would have a far better transition

weapons05/06;273859 said:

not all the good jnrs go to willi champ.. plenty of good juniors who have kept with there junior wdca club and continue to be successful for there club.. willi jnrs just perceive themselves to be the best.. maybe its becuase of the volume of kids who play for the jnr club.. i'm not saying that they aren't good.. but if you compare the amount of players willi jnrs have who continue and progress to play senior cricket.. compared to wdca clubs.. i think you'll find that wdca clubs would have a far better transition

Young Willi Lad;274138 said:
wait there;273789 said:

you stick to talking yaself up.. funny that people who play juniors with you at willi even think you are full of yaself and not good enough.. thats straight from the horses mouth

wait there;273789 said:

you stick to talking yaself up.. funny that people who play juniors with you at willi even think you are full of yaself and not good enough.. thats straight from the horses mouth

wait there;274145 said:

A better transition mayb but the Subbies standard is a lot better than that of the WDCA wouldn't you agree. We never said we were the best either.

wait there;274145 said:

A better transition mayb but the Subbies standard is a lot better than that of the WDCA wouldn't you agree. We never said we were the best either.

wait there;274147 said:

When did i talk myself up mate?
Easy to come on here and say i've heard this i've heard that, there is no evidence there. When you have some evidence then you can be taken seriously. Also easy to come on here and criticise others who have named themselves when you just sneak on and throw pot shots without a name behind you.
Bit cowardly if you ask me.

wait there;274147 said:

Easy to come on here and say i've heard this i've heard that, there is no evidence there. When you have some evidence then you can be taken seriously. Also easy to come on here and criticise others who have named themselves when you just sneak on and throw pot shots without a name behind you.

wait there;274145 said:

all the good kids who want to go somewhere come to willy werribee or altona.........true facts buddy.........
yer not a bad answer although we have 7 or 8 jnrs from willy playing at district level.........by far more transition than the wdca.....and that is just our club not the whole comp......and we have got some quality players back from district level over the last couple of years who all played at willy as jnrs.....so thats what we look at..........5 kids ive coached have gone back to the wdca over the last couple of years to play snrs cause they dont want to travell..........what do you do..........????

all wdca clubs cant compete with the willy's hopper's werribee's and altona's of the jnr competition..........a grade flags are what we are after and all the rest are after the b and c grade flags..........even then the willy's werribee's and altona's are very strong..........

so yes we are good..........and all are envious of us.........;)

wait there;274145 said:

all the good kids who want to go somewhere come to willy werribee or altona.........true facts buddy.........
yer not a bad answer although we have 7 or 8 jnrs from willy playing at district level.........by far more transition than the wdca.....and that is just our club not the whole comp......and we have got some quality players back from district level over the last couple of years who all played at willy as jnrs.....so thats what we look at..........5 kids ive coached have gone back to the wdca over the last couple of years to play snrs cause they dont want to travell..........what do you do..........????

all wdca clubs cant compete with the willy's hopper's werribee's and altona's of the jnr competition..........a grade flags are what we are after and all the rest are after the b and c grade flags..........even then the willy's werribee's and altona's are very strong..........

Young Willi Lad;274185 said:
wait there;274147 said:

dont worry about this drongo knackers...........:eek:

Young Willi Lad;274185 said:
wait there;274147 said:

dont worry about this drongo knackers...........:eek:

Young Willi Lad;274184 said:

subbie standard wouldnt be as good if they had 10 sides in hobsons bay area like wdca?

Young Willi Lad;274184 said:

subbie standard wouldnt be as good if they had 10 sides in hobsons bay area like wdca?

willy has won 2 vsdca championships ever! yous are the biggest one man band in history! NO SHEEDY NO FLAGS FOR WILLY!
weapons05/06;274197 said:

willy has won 2 vsdca championships ever! yous are the biggest one man band in history! NO SHEEDY NO FLAGS FOR WILLY!
weapons05/06;274197 said:

Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

lol nasty thread developing!

back to cricket, any clubs got their one day tops made and ready yet? I heard a few clubs are struggling to get orders ready for next week

back to cricket, any clubs got their one day tops made and ready yet? I heard a few clubs are struggling to get orders ready for next week

Brighton and Oakleigh would have worn their shirts had the VSDCA not taken in the "all or nothing" approach

Brighton and Oakleigh would have worn their shirts had the VSDCA not taken in the "all or nothing" approach

diamond duck;274453 said:

We have our one day top ready.
Its just our training top with a bit of blue on the arms and on the sides.
I heard a rumour that next year we are bringing in coloured pants as well and mayb numers on the back, is that fact or just rumour?
White ball, white pants and predominant white tops may cause havoic.

diamond duck;274453 said:

We have our one day top ready.
Its just our training top with a bit of blue on the arms and on the sides.
I heard a rumour that next year we are bringing in coloured pants as well and mayb numers on the back, is that fact or just rumour?
White ball, white pants and predominant white tops may cause havoic.

Image028.jpg

Pretty happy with our one day kit... numbers already on backs..

Good move by subbies getting everyone is colours.

To the bloke arguing about other comps etc.. please do everyone a favor and make like a tree and leave!! apologies for terrible joke..
Leave this forum for the purpose it is here for, building rivalries between subbies clubs haha.

P.S.
We all know that the lion is the king of the jungle!!

Image028.jpg

Pretty happy with our one day kit... numbers already on backs..

Good move by subbies getting everyone is colours.

To the bloke arguing about other comps etc.. please do everyone a favor and make like a tree and leave!! apologies for terrible joke..
Leave this forum for the purpose it is here for, building rivalries between subbies clubs haha.

P.S.
We all know that the lion is the king of the jungle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back