subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

Freddo;267210 said:
Went down too watch the a praccy game between melton and sunshine united down at melton on the weekend hoping too see the new recruit. But he wasn't playing so me and a few others didn't watch for long before taking of in our van crusade we had goin. Ha HA

Did get the cahnce to see a little bit and was very interesting. Witnessed a club legend trying to pull a half volley!! Mite want to put that shot away champ. And the fielding coach dropping catches. So all the talk we have heard didn't look like it was goin to get backed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol sounds interesting Freddo.
What have you Melton boys got to say about that?

Freddo;267210 said:
Went down too watch the a praccy game between melton and sunshine united down at melton on the weekend hoping too see the new recruit. But he wasn't playing so me and a few others didn't watch for long before taking of in our van crusade we had goin. Ha HA

Did get the cahnce to see a little bit and was very interesting. Witnessed a club legend trying to pull a half volley!! Mite want to put that shot away champ. And the fielding coach dropping catches. So all the talk we have heard didn't look like it was goin to get backed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol sounds interesting Freddo.
What have you Melton boys got to say about that?

Here's your chance to take the missus away for the weekend boys,all cricket for Saturday cancelled due to the number of grounds unavailable.
At least they've given us plenty of notice.

Here's your chance to take the missus away for the weekend boys,all cricket for Saturday cancelled due to the number of grounds unavailable.

Piston Broke;268653 said:

Happens every year Piston its crap.
What are your predictions for the year ahead mate?

Piston Broke;268653 said:

Happens every year Piston its crap.
What are your predictions for the year ahead mate?

Not every year young fella,cant be helped when councils top dress grounds the week b4 we are meant to start.Righto boys give us all the in s and outs ,,,Subbie launch 2 moro night ...should have all the goss by then..Hey brown dog thought u were going to organize a tipping comp , all talk again..lol

Not every year young fella,cant be helped when councils top dress grounds the week b4 we are meant to start.Righto boys give us all the in s and outs ,,,Subbie launch 2 moro night ...should have all the goss by then..Hey brown dog thought u were going to organize a tipping comp , all talk again..lol

Freddo;267210 said:

thats what practise matches are for

Freddo;267210 said:

thats what practise matches are for

bucket head;268834 said:

been flat out knackers.....rohan smith footy academy,training,wedding,renovations...........unbelievable

and i got no time for this site now that the melton boys have been barred from this site..............:eek:

and im shattered the first round has been cancelled cause i was linning up in the mockinbirds first up..........oh well.......queensland here i come.......

go willy

bucket head;268834 said:

been flat out knackers.....rohan smith footy academy,training,wedding,renovations...........unbelievable

and i got no time for this site now that the melton boys have been barred from this site..............:eek:

and im shattered the first round has been cancelled cause i was linning up in the mockinbirds first up..........oh well.......queensland here i come.......

go willy

bucket head;268834 said:

Yeah fair enough but this is my 4th season of subbies and i don't think i've ever played round 1 when it has supposed to have start. Anyway it doesn't matter it all gets underway this saturday. An in for Willy would have to be Fletcher Henry who bowls some good leggies, watch out for him this year will get some wickets. He comes to us from Footscray. Only real out for our 1s would be Nick Jensen who has moved onto Carlton, and good luck to Nick i saw that he got 17 in the 3rds.

Go Willy.

bucket head;268834 said:

Yeah fair enough but this is my 4th season of subbies and i don't think i've ever played round 1 when it has supposed to have start. Anyway it doesn't matter it all gets underway this saturday. An in for Willy would have to be Fletcher Henry who bowls some good leggies, watch out for him this year will get some wickets. He comes to us from Footscray. Only real out for our 1s would be Nick Jensen who has moved onto Carlton, and good luck to Nick i saw that he got 17 in the 3rds.

Go Willy.

just back from sunny/rainy gold coast........

results any 1.........

willy got over the top of broady in the ones 2's got beat 3rds won and the mighty morfs got done......

solid start........look out mickey lewis.........(if im in the ones)

results any 1.........

willy got over the top of broady in the ones 2's got beat 3rds won and the mighty morfs got done......

Apologies for not posting lately but there's been very little news out there,anyway underway at last with some fairly predictable results.
Altona 1/272 absolutely smashed last years finalist Bundoora 97,Varchione back from Dandy with a ton and Boglis featuring again with 4 for ************ all.
Could be a quick slide down the ladder for OPs
Willy 7/188 too good for Broady 9/170,Sheedy 49*in for another top season,a few big names missing for the Gulls though,Weapons,YWL where have they gone?
Melton didn't lose a wicket chasing down Coburgs 9/137,prize recruit Mick Lewis debuting with none for,Melton boys give us the facts!!!Could this be the year the Lions actually perform after Xmas as well as before?
In an all northern battle Preston 7/209 comfortably over Kew 9/174,new cockroach David Tate amongst the runs with 58.
Werribee 8/207 way too good for the wickers 114,Radford not troubling the scorers in his 1st game for his new club.The Bees could be the big improvers this season.
In another all northern battle Balwyn 9/216 got home against Ivanhoe 7/203,noticed Joyce not in Balwyns side,anyone know if he's still there?
Finally last years 2 cellar dwellers clashed with Sunshine easily getting the points against the Eagles,looks like could be another long season for Yarra.
Buckethead,got any newsfrom South/East?

Apologies for not posting lately but there's been very little news out there,anyway underway at last with some fairly predictable results.
Altona 1/272 absolutely smashed last years finalist Bundoora 97,Varchione back from Dandy with a ton and Boglis featuring again with 4 for ************ all.
Willy 7/188 too good for Broady 9/170,Sheedy 49*in for another top season,a few big names missing for the Gulls though,Weapons,YWL where have they gone?
Melton didn't lose a wicket chasing down Coburgs 9/137,prize recruit Mick Lewis debuting with none for,Melton boys give us the facts!!!Could this be the year the Lions actually perform after Xmas as well as before?
In an all northern battle Preston 7/209 comfortably over Kew 9/174,new cockroach David Tate amongst the runs with 58.
Werribee 8/207 way too good for the wickers 114,Radford not troubling the scorers in his 1st game for his new club.The Bees could be the big improvers this season.
In another all northern battle Balwyn 9/216 got home against Ivanhoe 7/203,noticed Joyce not in Balwyns side,anyone know if he's still there?
Finally last years 2 cellar dwellers clashed with Sunshine easily getting the points against the Eagles,looks like could be another long season for Yarra.

weapons05/06;271730 said:

results any 1.........

hahaa he will absolutely knock your head off

weapons05/06;271730 said:

results any 1.........

*DaNcE HeRo*;271786 said:
[/B]

as i said if im in the ones..........good to see 4 newies in the firsts a couple of young blokes i have coached before got their opportunity and from all reports did very well..........good to see.........still got 4 or 5 to come in hopefully im 1 of them but doesnt faze me if i start in the magoos.........

good start for you blokes........young bloke got a fiddy good stuff..........

*DaNcE HeRo*;271786 said:
[/B]

as i said if im in the ones..........good to see 4 newies in the firsts a couple of young blokes i have coached before got their opportunity and from all reports did very well..........good to see.........still got 4 or 5 to come in hopefully im 1 of them but doesnt faze me if i start in the magoos.........

good start for you blokes........young bloke got a fiddy good stuff..........

Piston Broke;271748 said:

yer a few big names missing and clemson opening the batting which was interesting..........hehehe......

varchione.........interesting.......

and the way the melton boys are carrying on keeping it in house tells me they are very confident.........when arnt they..........:eek:

yer a few big names missing and clemson opening the batting which was interesting..........hehehe......

varchione.........interesting.......

and the way the melton boys are carrying on keeping it in house tells me they are very confident.........when arnt they..........:eek:

no not confident, just happy with the win dogsass.. arnt we allowed to be happy with the win?? i am confident of 1 thing though, you will be starting in the magoos ;)

no not confident, just happy with the win dogsass.. arnt we allowed to be happy with the win?? i am confident of 1 thing though, you will be starting in the magoos ;)

*DaNcE HeRo*;272043 said:

spot on;)

*DaNcE HeRo*;272043 said:

spot on;)

THE CAPTAIN;272067 said:
simon beshara is the best cricketer in the comp. he is such a good all rounder.

hahahahahaha..........yer good player but there are better allrounders out there............;)

off the top of my head can name 2 or 3........sheedy pritchard gordy i rate still does the job and has done for so many years.............blake bats and bowls well........lots of them out there.........

THE CAPTAIN;272067 said:
simon beshara is the best cricketer in the comp. he is such a good all rounder.

hahahahahaha..........yer good player but there are better allrounders out there............;)

off the top of my head can name 2 or 3........sheedy pritchard gordy i rate still does the job and has done for so many years.............blake bats and bowls well........lots of them out there.........

Well it was a very interesting start.
You were spot on with most things as always there Piston.

Altona great start and i know its early and easy to say with them just having a big win but they could be the back up to where they were 2 years ago with Varchione in the side and the ever reliable Boglis in there side.

Our ones had a good start, well done to Pat Gallivan getting 64. My tip for the one to watch from Willy Flether Henry did well with 3/41. To answer your question Drain and R. Smith will be back soon, Weapons is back in the ones this week which everyone will be happy to hear. Nick Jensen has gone to Carlton and is playing in the 3rds and Dan Davis who played in the grand final side is just coming back this week and starting in the 4s lol, hope that helps.

Good win by the Melton boys, interesting to see Mick Lewis wicketless hopefully he wasn't saving them all for this week. Good to see young Dylan Kight amoungst the runs.

Cant agree with you however when it comes to Wbee. They have lost two very good players in Chadwick and Dean and just not experienced enough in my opinion to get up close to making finals. Just on Radford this bloke either makes a quack or 150 strange player but dont want to be on the end of one of his good days.

Long year again for Sunshine and Yarraville cant see either of them climbing the ladder very quickly.

Just a quick point, few leggies going to reak havoic this year in my opinion with Boglis, Goodwin and now Henry looking very ominious out there for the batsmen.

Also one last thing well done to Jake Hancock, 16 year old kid who played for Altona, he went to Carlton last year and debuted in the 2nds there and made 113 in round 2 so congradulations to him.

Well it was a very interesting start.
You were spot on with most things as always there Piston.

Altona great start and i know its early and easy to say with them just having a big win but they could be the back up to where they were 2 years ago with Varchione in the side and the ever reliable Boglis in there side.

Our ones had a good start, well done to Pat Gallivan getting 64. My tip for the one to watch from Willy Flether Henry did well with 3/41. To answer your question Drain and R. Smith will be back soon, Weapons is back in the ones this week which everyone will be happy to hear. Nick Jensen has gone to Carlton and is playing in the 3rds and Dan Davis who played in the grand final side is just coming back this week and starting in the 4s lol, hope that helps.

Good win by the Melton boys, interesting to see Mick Lewis wicketless hopefully he wasn't saving them all for this week. Good to see young Dylan Kight amoungst the runs.

Cant agree with you however when it comes to Wbee. They have lost two very good players in Chadwick and Dean and just not experienced enough in my opinion to get up close to making finals. Just on Radford this bloke either makes a quack or 150 strange player but dont want to be on the end of one of his good days.

Long year again for Sunshine and Yarraville cant see either of them climbing the ladder very quickly.

Just a quick point, few leggies going to reak havoic this year in my opinion with Boglis, Goodwin and now Henry looking very ominious out there for the batsmen.

Also one last thing well done to Jake Hancock, 16 year old kid who played for Altona, he went to Carlton last year and debuted in the 2nds there and made 113 in round 2 so congradulations to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back