subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

Speaking of medals,does anyone know if the winner of last year,Steve Croft is returning? hope he does as Noble's in west group and would like to see if he's as good as everyone reckons.

Piston Broke;173697 said:
Speaking of medals,does anyone know if the winner of last year,Steve Croft is returning? hope he does as Noble's in west group and would like to see if he's as good as everyone reckons.

here here me too new pill and all bring him on........

id be dissapointed to have such a good year as he has done and not make the finals.......even if he wasnt gonna play in them.........how much coin do you recon he was on.........20 or 30 g's?

Yeah, would have to be around that mark,must be on a big quid with Lancs,playing alongside blokes like Flintoff and Hodge.
Would like to see what figure Noble published in their annual report under professional fees,never mind they've got a fortune,their set up out would put the rest of us to shame.
Personally,i can't see the sense in paying all that cash to a bloke when he jets off as the finals are starting?
The Russel Arnold rumour might be a better option as there's a strong Sri Lankan community out that way,someone from Noble could enlighten us maybe?

matty drain...... he trained with willy today.........personally spoke to him about playing for willy in the coming season......this was his responce........havnt played for a couple of years now due to footy commitments at the bulldogs but is very keen to get back into it......... at willy............so make of it what you like...........this is first hand from the horses mouth..........opening bat with a great record at district level i believe yes an older type player but id say great for our youth down at the club...............

GO WILLY

wow weapons, by the sounds of it you are a very important person down at willy, you know... you were the one that had the 'talk' to drain and that.... if my sources are correct there will be a better player than steve croft in the subbies this year.... and croft will be there again, which club is still undecided!! there u go weapo...

Piston Broke;173925 said:
Yeah, would have to be around that mark,must be on a big quid with Lancs,playing alongside blokes like Flintoff and Hodge.
Would like to see what figure Noble published in their annual report under professional fees,never mind they've got a fortune,their set up out would put the rest of us to shame.
Personally,i can't see the sense in paying all that cash to a bloke when he jets off as the finals are starting?
The Russel Arnold rumour might be a better option as there's a strong Sri Lankan community out that way,someone from Noble could enlighten us maybe?

never have played at noble park......goes alright does it????just wait n see our new clubrooms in 2009 with collingwood and all their coin have got alot to do with it but more the merrier i say.........plans look great only problem is the residence view of the water once they are done........as you can imagine they arnt happy with it cause the amount their houses are worth........but any way 22 at training today with the view of having 14 jnr sides the most ever for W.C.C we are expanding bigtime only a matter of time before we become a power house of the compitition with jnr development playing a big part in it..............even got a team for the women and they are looking strong..........
how much would you think the great man from WILLY would be getting a year????interested in your thoughts...............

GO WILLY

techno;173959 said:
wow weapons, by the sounds of it you are a very important person down at willy, you know... you were the one that had the 'talk' to drain and that.... if my sources are correct there will be a better player than steve croft in the subbies this year.... and croft will be there again, which club is still undecided!! there u go weapo...

YOU KNOW I ONLY TALK FACTS..........AND I AM IMPORTANT.......BUBBA LOOKED THE GOODS TODAY BEFORE FLYING TO SYDNEY..........

WHAT CAN YOU BACK YOUR POST UP WITH MY FRIEND.......

LIKE THE PIC TECHNO..........JUST FOR YOU 2 MEDALS AND THE CUP...............AND ABOUT 18 CARONA'S...LOL

weapons05/06;173963 said:
YOU KNOW I ONLY TALK FACTS..........AND I AM IMPORTANT.......BUBBA LOOKED THE GOODS TODAY BEFORE FLYING TO SYDNEY..........

WHAT CAN YOU BACK YOUR POST UP WITH MY FRIEND.......

LIKE THE PIC TECHNO..........JUST FOR YOU 2 MEDALS AND THE CUP...............AND ABOUT 18 CARONA'S...LOL

you couldnt handle 18 coronas!! you would be lucky to handle 8... i was at customs last night but i didnt see you there?? then we went to icebergs for 1 but it was a bit cold in there ;) i dont need to back anything up, you will just have to wait and see, maybe im talking rubbish like you usually do... and i dont think anyone is interested in you williamstown dribble, who cares about your stupid junior development and your club rooms.. noone on this site.. bubba might not play this year, he might need to do a pre season with the bulldogs for next year because noone can deliver the ball out of the backline, disgraceful, your best mates with him so im sure you can talk him into a return for 1 more season.. and for the record i dont rreally like the pic, your not the most attractive man to look at :p any good sorts kicking around in the girls team?? i can be lured to willy on a girlfriend basis, im looking....

techno;173968 said:
you couldnt handle 18 coronas!! you would be lucky to handle 8... i was at customs last night but i didnt see you there?? then we went to icebergs for 1 but it was a bit cold in there ;) i dont need to back anything up, you will just have to wait and see, maybe im talking rubbish like you usually do... and i dont think anyone is interested in you williamstown dribble, who cares about your stupid junior development and your club rooms.. noone on this site.. bubba might not play this year, he might need to do a pre season with the bulldogs for next year because noone can deliver the ball out of the backline, disgraceful, your best mates with him so im sure you can talk him into a return for 1 more season.. and for the record i dont rreally like the pic, your not the most attractive man to look at :p any good sorts kicking around in the girls team?? i can be lured to willy on a girlfriend basis, im looking....

i dont see how our jnr develpment is stupid........c.sheedy,d.clemson,b.hodges,e.gulbis and r.smith are all former jnrs that have come back to the club............and we have got 7 at various levels at district clubs...........
i am the king of corona's...........12 slabs mad monday.......as you were drowning your sorrows........we were drinking the customs out of corona's...........
some good lickers going buddy in the womens team........even the king takes them for training sometimes...........so they must be allright.........lol.....

na bubba's finished.........about the pic every time i see it sends a shiver down my spine...........its there for you..... to see MY teams cup.........ive got a better 1 but we ill save it for later........

Hey Weapons,are your new rooms finally being built,I've heard that for bloody years?if so will that stuff your ground up this season?,gotta do something about that poxy portable you call a social room.
I can assure you if you play at Noble you will drool when you see their facilities,bistros,tab,bars,balcony for viewing.
As far as recruiting blokes like Drain,thats fine in the short term,but it's taking a spot from one of your kids,it's ok to have a great junior programme but if you fill your side with veterans it's a waste of time.
As to Sheedy,I'd say he's playing cause he probably wanted to go back to where he played as a kid,he could get heaps more from the Yarraville Clubs etc where I believe they actually pay their players to train.
F inally ,to that Techno chap,if he is seriously looking for love he should get himself down to Willy,I'm sure there'd be a couple of honeys who don't hail from Lesbia.;)

weapons -> all i said was i dont wanna hear about it and i dont think anoyone does, im sure your juniors are flying but who cares? i reckon you would be one of those blokes that talks up how much you drink to other blokes but when push comes to shove you would be home by 12 wasted after maybe 6-7... your no king of coronas. Drain will not play cricket this year, not for the full season anyway.. also are you claiming Gulbis is playing this year?? you been on the blower to him in england have you?? he will not leave district cricket yet and if he does i will be very surprised after what i have heard...

Piston Broke;174021 said:
Hey Weapons,are your new rooms finally being built,I've heard that for bloody years?if so will that stuff your ground up this season?,gotta do something about that poxy portable you call a social room.
I can assure you if you play at Noble you will drool when you see their facilities,bistros,tab,bars,balcony for viewing.
As far as recruiting blokes like Drain,thats fine in the short term,but it's taking a spot from one of your kids,it's ok to have a great junior programme but if you fill your side with veterans it's a waste of time.
As to Sheedy,I'd say he's playing cause he probably wanted to go back to where he played as a kid,he could get heaps more from the Yarraville Clubs etc where I believe they actually pay their players to train.
F inally ,to that Techno chap,if he is seriously looking for love he should get himself down to Willy,I'm sure there'd be a couple of honeys who don't hail from Lesbia.;)

clubrooms wont be a problem........it has been dragging on a bit hasnt it....the portable is poxy......at the end of the year we used the bayview room and thats great on a hot day open the windows up cool breeze off the bay is great........

noble park is that good is it.......i wanna play there maybe this year hey.....

the problem i think at willy atm is that we dont have any kids in the 19 to 25 range that can play in the firsts......im all for promoting the kids into the higher 11's thats why i captianed the 2's last year to help them a little in their development to play in the next grade....... but didnt go as planned cause we didnt have them putting pressure on for spots the young kids im talking about here.......my plan at the start was to get every body in the two's to push for spots in the top grade........ grand final we had 8 that had played 2's champ final we had 9......

techno;174053 said:
weapons -> all i said was i dont wanna hear about it and i dont think anoyone does, im sure your juniors are flying but who cares? i reckon you would be one of those blokes that talks up how much you drink to other blokes but when push comes to shove you would be home by 12 wasted after maybe 6-7... your no king of coronas. Drain will not play cricket this year, not for the full season anyway.. also are you claiming Gulbis is playing this year?? you been on the blower to him in england have you?? he will not leave district cricket yet and if he does i will be very surprised after what i have heard...

they are flying under my guidence.......back to back........grannies can only be good for the future.......

drain who knows but wants to get back into it........will be a handy opening partner for myself........top 7 for willy might look like this.......drain,brown,sheedy,c.smith,r.smith,b.hodges and ill throw in n.jensen
gulbis in england thats funny......... i went to watch an edfl game on the weekend and he was playing at ff for kielor park..........gulbis playing for willy where have i said that.......said he was a former willy player playing district..........

and for the drinking they dont call me the ''weapon'' for nothing.........
any way what news have you got for us.........you seem to be very anti willy because of me......

will you be padding up this year?????

lets get off the topic of willy

who do you guys think will be there come the end of april...........
east west group will be very interesting with so many good teams in this division.........

here are some teams i believe will be hard to beat........
west.....melton,willy,altona and werribee.....improvers......yarraville
east......oakliegh,box hill,noble park and ivanhoe....improvers....balwyn

cant believe with crofts year n-park finished 7th

north sides.........coburg,preston,brunswick,kew,bundoora,balwyn and ivanhoe so you are right..........im not.........

weapons05/06;174068 said:
lets get off the topic of willy

who do you guys think will be there come the end of april...........
east west group will be very interesting with so many good teams in this division.........

here are some teams i believe will be hard to beat........
west.....melton,willy,altona and werribee.....improvers......yarraville
east......oakliegh,box hill,noble park and bayswater....improvers....mount waverly............is that better;) ............

cant believe with crofts year n-park finished 7th

what about the other groups any1 give us a rundown..........maybe oldmate????

OK Weopons will try and guess how East/West Group might finish,will probably look silly by seasons end but here goes,
Box Hill-easily won group last year,rely on quality bats like Goldsmith,Lazer etc
also have top opening bowler,Blake.
Melton-have very strong depth,huge local area to draw on,can tend to falter at the business end though'
Williamstown-last years champions,perhaps a bit reliant on C.Sheedy,need a new keeper and another top order bat but always hard to beat,list is ageing a bit also.
Oakleigh-another strong club with major depth willbe up there again,new cc Travaglia had great debut season.
Altona-beaten finalists last year,could lose a few to retirement,if McFarlane goes will leave a big hole,recruitment of Christoforo ex Footscray will help Wolfe in the batting dept.
Noble Park-hard to assess,loss of Perera and Fleming hurt them last year,will depend on Croft returning,will have plenty of cash to throw around.I think Douthie has gone,replaced by Dean Edmunds who has certaily been well travlled of late.
Broadmeadows-have lost good player in Wuynham,need couple of top order bats,good spin attack but crap wicket.
Bayswater-good side usually in the mix,loss of m.Jonsson hurt last year,play on top wicket which helps.
Endeavour Hills-dont know much about them,young side with big area to draw on,likely improvers.
Mt Waverley-usually start well but tend to fall away a bit,should R.Bartlett play would make a mountain of runs which could see them finish higher.
Werribee-another side hard to assess,new cc P.Murray not getting any younger and their talented kids most likely will go to Premier cricket which could see them struggle.
Yarraville-too dependent on Radford and Holmes,Radford not getting any younger,bowlers seem to struggle on flat wickets.
Croydon-have been down for a while,would need to recruit well to improve.
Sunshine-perennial cellar dwellars,need a massive influx of players to get back to where they were 20 years ago.
AS we all know,one top player can turn a clubs fortunes very quickly so my thoughts could end up way off.
perhaps someone from North/south could have a crack at their section.

roup teams might finish,[will probably look stupid at seasons end ]

Piston Broke;174197 said:
OK Weopons will try and guess how East/West Group might finish,will probably look silly by seasons end but here goes,
Box Hill-easily won group last year,rely on quality bats like Goldsmith,Lazer etc
also have top opening bowler,Blake.
Melton-have very strong depth,huge local area to draw on,can tend to falter at the business end though'
Williamstown-last years champions,perhaps a bit reliant on C.Sheedy,need a new keeper and another top order bat but always hard to beat,list is ageing a bit also.
Oakleigh-another strong club with major depth willbe up there again,new cc Travaglia had great debut season.
Altona-beaten finalists last year,could lose a few to retirement,if McFarlane goes will leave a big hole,recruitment of Christoforo ex Footscray will help Wolfe in the batting dept.
Noble Park-hard to assess,loss of Perera and Fleming hurt them last year,will depend on Croft returning,will have plenty of cash to throw around.I think Douthie has gone,replaced by Dean Edmunds who has certaily been well travlled of late.
Broadmeadows-have lost good player in Wuynham,need couple of top order bats,good spin attack but crap wicket.
Bayswater-good side usually in the mix,loss of m.Jonsson hurt last year,play on top wicket which helps.
Endeavour Hills-dont know much about them,young side with big area to draw on,likely improvers.
Mt Waverley-usually start well but tend to fall away a bit,should R.Bartlett play would make a mountain of runs which could see them finish higher.
Werribee-another side hard to assess,new cc P.Murray not getting any younger and their talented kids most likely will go to Premier cricket which could see them struggle.
Yarraville-too dependent on Radford and Holmes,Radford not getting any younger,bowlers seem to struggle on flat wickets.
Croydon-have been down for a while,would need to recruit well to improve.
Sunshine-perennial cellar dwellars,need a massive influx of players to get back to where they were 20 years ago.
AS we all know,one top player can turn a clubs fortunes very quickly so my thoughts could end up way off.
perhaps someone from North/south could have a crack at their section.

dont worry ive been made to look silly on this site at least youve had a crack.....
just on broady do you rate goodwin????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back