subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

maaarvelous;174982 said:
how do people think preston will go this year in the subbies? lowe is a freakshow and will lead from the front again id say

G'day maaarvelous, I'll presume from your quote that you are from Preston, so how does Brendan Barry go?

bomber27;174986 said:
G'day maaarvelous, I'll presume from your quote that you are from Preston, so how does Brendan Barry go?

Yeh i rate him highly. great bowler, can chip in with the bat too. took 19 wikets last year at an average of under 20 which was good to see.

this season and beyond looks promising with aaron crispe and michael sachetta (both u16s) playing in the 2s.

willy's draw for 07/08 is a pretty tough 1 but i spose so is every 1 elses.....

unvieling of the flag round 1...v sunshine
round 2 away.....v noble park.......big game
round 3 h......v croydon
round 4 a......v melton.......big game
round 5 a......v yarraville
round 6 h......v oakliegh.....big game
round 7 a......v bayswater
round 8 h......v box hill......big game
round 9 a......v altona.......big game
round 10 h....v broady
round 11 a....v endevour hills
round 12 h....v mt waverly
round 13 a....v werribee......big game

gotta travel to noble park,bayswater,melton and endevour hills which is not so bad.......we play teams who melton play the week before do you guys recon there will be any advantages with this........i think in a way it could be good for us as melton have been the standout team in the west over the last couple of years its a pitty they havnt gone all the way..........

B-DOS;175012 said:
Brad O'Shea will dominate again this year, proving why he is the best bat in the leauge

i recon there might be a couple in front of him.......no doubt a good player....

opposition will see a different willy this year....;)

B-Dos,I agree O'shea is right up there with the best bats in the comp,but why did Elsternwick fall away last season especially after winning club champs th year before?Have they recruited and can they cover the loss of Edmends who has moved on again[more clubs than Jack Nicklaus]
Weapons,why will it be a different Willy side this year?,have you lost anyone from last year?

Piston Broke;175045 said:
B-Dos,I agree O'shea is right up there with the best bats in the comp,but why did Elsternwick fall away last season especially after winning club champs th year before?Have they recruited and can they cover the loss of Edmends who has moved on again[more clubs than Jack Nicklaus]
Weapons,why will it be a different Willy side this year?,have you lost anyone from last year?

i would say we have strengthen the batting big time......with 4 allrounders and 2 quality bowlers in clemo and speakman.....lack a quality spinner though but the guys who did that job last year did an honest job and put the brakes on when needed...

new keeper/bat and we havnt lost any 1 from last year so things are looking good so far.....

Hey Weapons,who's your new keeper,is it one of your juniors or a new guy?
P.S,I ran into one of your players at a WRFL game and he looked like he should have been in a wheel chair,would't think he'd be back in a hurry?,looked like a bad back to me.

Piston Broke;175192 said:
Hey Weapons,who's your new keeper,is it one of your juniors or a new guy?
P.S,I ran into one of your players at a WRFL game and he looked like he should have been in a wheel chair,would't think he'd be back in a hurry?,looked like a bad back to me.

yes you are correct 1 of last years players has a crook back was at training on sat and had just had a quarterzone injection obviosly he cant play footy for the rest of the year but will be right by the start of the season if all goes to plan........

keeper is confident of coming back to play at willy as he was a former club captian and captian of team of the year in the subbies.......so we will see what happens there......

its hodges his talking about pistons, but like most the stuff weapons posts on here, his prob talking ********e!

Hmmmm,that would be a major coup should Hodges come back,Willy have had a few backstops since he left.I can recall a certain fieldsman getting the old sunburnt tonsils watching the pill disappear over the fence when bowling to him.

you think the ball dissapears over the fence when hodges bats.... wait until you see WEAPONS bat!!! he smashes the ball!!!

techno;175240 said:
you think the ball dissapears over the fence when hodges bats.... wait until you see WEAPONS bat!!! he smashes the ball!!!

hahaha all along the ground my friend.........@|you know my game plan...take the shine off it like you do every night..........

Piston Broke;175045 said:

not sure but i dont think we havent recruited well, so think we will struggle this year.

you still using that plank of wood u call a fisher this year weapons?? i suggest u invest in a decent bat

hello champ........long time no talk...........

yer i got my fisher still it was a present from the boys i coached to an underfeated flag......hence the name weapons 05/06......

a bit buggerd tonight training was flat out...........things are shaping up well from my end ........hows your training going......on sundays yer???

techno mania..........lol

come down to our first game and have a look at the flag flying high and very proudly.............

you have already mentioned that in the last thread we had - who cares you won the u/14's in 2005/06

tick tick tick

Any news whether Yarraville picked up any body in the off season?

Melton may lose a player or two this season due to the connections of our coach who played there couple of seasons ago. Note sure who they are, but one apparently a good opening bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back