subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

i like it except for the number on the front but ah well.
looking at a few team colours, some teams might look silly if they dont get their uniforms right! ie, ivanhoe (sky blue) or oakleigh (purple)

i like it except for the number on the front but ah well.
looking at a few team colours, some teams might look silly if they dont get their uniforms right! ie, ivanhoe (sky blue) or oakleigh (purple)

C.Face;274488 said:
Image028.jpg

Pretty happy with our one day kit... numbers already on backs..

Good move by subbies getting everyone is colours.

To the bloke arguing about other comps etc.. please do everyone a favor and make like a tree and leave!! apologies for terrible joke..
Leave this forum for the purpose it is here for, building rivalries between subbies clubs haha.

P.S.
We all know that the lion is the king of the jungle!!

Not trying to make rivalry bud,just tryin to shut weapons up making crap statements about WDCA.He tried local cricket once and couldnt hack it and went back to his subbie club sookin half way through the year!

C.Face;274488 said:
Image028.jpg

To the bloke arguing about other comps etc.. please do everyone a favor and make like a tree and leave!! apologies for terrible joke..
Leave this forum for the purpose it is here for, building rivalries between subbies clubs haha.

P.S.

Not trying to make rivalry bud,just tryin to shut weapons up making crap statements about WDCA.He tried local cricket once and couldnt hack it and went back to his subbie club sookin half way through the year!

C.Face;274488 said:

Thats a great kit. Presumably the blokes' teams down at Melton have one as well? Lets see it. Does it fade after Christmas?

Seriously though, if you are invited to a sh!t fight anytime soon, you will have the right clothing...

C.Face;274488 said:

Thats a great kit. Presumably the blokes' teams down at Melton have one as well? Lets see it. Does it fade after Christmas?

Seriously though, if you are invited to a sh!t fight anytime soon, you will have the right clothing...

Re: subbies season 07/08

hussler;274441 said:
willy has won 2 vsdca championships ever! yous are the biggest one man band in history! NO SHEEDY NO FLAGS FOR WILLY!

hahahahaha so sheeds played in the first 1..........i think not.........and the 2 we have won we wernt the best side in the competition we just got the job done when it mattered..........

we are the best west group team.....finals and winning finals in the last decade.........remember that..........

no doubt sheeds is a gun..........and if you read the posts properly we were talking about jnrs so yer make like a tree and leave......

hussler;274441 said:
willy has won 2 vsdca championships ever! yous are the biggest one man band in history! NO SHEEDY NO FLAGS FOR WILLY!

hahahahaha so sheeds played in the first 1..........i think not.........and the 2 we have won we wernt the best side in the competition we just got the job done when it mattered..........

we are the best west group team.....finals and winning finals in the last decade.........remember that..........

no doubt sheeds is a gun..........and if you read the posts properly we were talking about jnrs so yer make like a tree and leave......

hussler;274546 said:

took me 20 slabs and left........anyways couldnt be happier.......wdca is a crap comp.........hence 1 team winning the last 7 flags and doing it easy..........

hussler;274546 said:

took me 20 slabs and left........anyways couldnt be happier.......wdca is a crap comp.........hence 1 team winning the last 7 flags and doing it easy..........

C.Face;274488 said:
Image028.jpg

P.S.

nice i like it...good for our comp....word is that broardy have the gold and green tops with the gorby green bottoms.......they played in round 1 with it on........

willy's is prodomanately white as ywl had mentioned and the subbies exec have approved it.........white ball white top..........id hate to be facing our bowlers in our 1 day strip...........good thing i wont be..........:eek:

C.Face;274488 said:
Image028.jpg

P.S.

nice i like it...good for our comp....word is that broardy have the gold and green tops with the gorby green bottoms.......they played in round 1 with it on........

willy's is prodomanately white as ywl had mentioned and the subbies exec have approved it.........white ball white top..........id hate to be facing our bowlers in our 1 day strip...........good thing i wont be..........:eek:

C.Face;274488 said:
Image028.jpg

P.S.

I must say i like it a lot.
Fully agreed with that bloke leaving and the mention of building rivalaries is 100% correct.
Go town.

C.Face;274488 said:
Image028.jpg

P.S.

I must say i like it a lot.
Fully agreed with that bloke leaving and the mention of building rivalaries is 100% correct.
Go town.

The Oakleigh top is a very good one. It's better than the Melton and Brighton one (ones that I have seen) and the Williamstown one (who thought of white with blue sleeves?)

The Oakleigh top is a very good one. It's better than the Melton and Brighton one (ones that I have seen) and the Williamstown one (who thought of white with blue sleeves?)

p-toe;274662 said:

You were expecting a green top?

p-toe;274662 said:

You were expecting a green top?

I was expecting predominantly blue.

We are going to play with a white ball so why wear a top that is predominantly white?

We are going to play with a white ball so why wear a top that is predominantly white?

p-toe;274697 said:

yer i dont know mate.........lets just play with a red ball........lol

um i think the commitee just went with what we have due to getting something organised so quickily and having them available on time like alot of the other clubs not having them ready and asked the ? to the exec commitee and they aproved it so we will stick with that and im sure our commitee will get something better cranking next year..........

good luck on the weekend lads

go willy

p-toe;274697 said:

yer i dont know mate.........lets just play with a red ball........lol

um i think the commitee just went with what we have due to getting something organised so quickily and having them available on time like alot of the other clubs not having them ready and asked the ? to the exec commitee and they aproved it so we will stick with that and im sure our commitee will get something better cranking next year..........

good luck on the weekend lads

go willy

What happened to foresight and vision?

Clubs were given enough notice. Ours were ready for Round 1.

What happened to foresight and vision?

Clubs were given enough notice. Ours were ready for Round 1.

Agreed P-Toe,don't see the point in playing in mostly white tops,if you're gonna do it,do it,perhaps it would be too much for all those old conservatives at Willy to go coloured?
To be fair I actually liked Melton's top,maybe it's a unisex one?
Now a quick look at how tomorrows games might pan out,Bops already beaten Broady,chance for 10 pts,Afridi,8/14,not bad after returning 0/62 off 9 against Altona.
Willy 193 v Coburg 1/1,maybe Willy by a nose.
Melton v Kew 196,runs on the board but maybe the home side,just.
Preston v Werribee 285,the visitors easily.
B'wick 6/304 v Sunshine,no betting.
Balwyn 8/329 v Altona,huge task,just a rough chance of getting them.
Ivanhoe v Yarra 8/248,again runs on the board,always a good deck and Yarra not the best attack,will back the home side to get them.
Dance Hero,please note,not a nickname in sight,and spot on re Mick Lewis last week,seems you knew more than the Coburg selectors.

Agreed P-Toe,don't see the point in playing in mostly white tops,if you're gonna do it,do it,perhaps it would be too much for all those old conservatives at Willy to go coloured?
Now a quick look at how tomorrows games might pan out,Bops already beaten Broady,chance for 10 pts,Afridi,8/14,not bad after returning 0/62 off 9 against Altona.
Ivanhoe v Yarra 8/248,again runs on the board,always a good deck and Yarra not the best attack,will back the home side to get them.
Dance Hero,please note,not a nickname in sight,and spot on re Mick Lewis last week,seems you knew more than the Coburg selectors.

Piston Broke;274846 said:

it could have been very easy for the executive commitee to say no to the tops and other arangements made to have a different strip........

it could have been very easy for the executive commitee to say no to the tops and other arangements made to have a different strip........

C.Face;274488 said:
Image028.jpg

P.S.

Slashing outfit cun.... I mean cFace. It suits us in melton the big nasty lion,because we like prancing around,swishing our tails and eating meat.

C.Face;274488 said:
Image028.jpg

P.S.

Slashing outfit cun.... I mean cFace. It suits us in melton the big nasty lion,because we like prancing around,swishing our tails and eating meat.

weapons05/06;274567 said:

Tell the truth, u took the 20 slabs, got bashed,then left! hahaha......SHITMAN!!!

weapons05/06;274567 said:

Tell the truth, u took the 20 slabs, got bashed,then left! hahaha......SHITMAN!!!

Lucky you're not in the tipping comp!

Lucky you're not in the tipping comp!

Knobjockey;274976 said:

Thats a bit harsh knob. Where are you this year? I couldnt believe the new faces the other week.Heard Jenno and Beeson were in thirds,Pindi? Heard Ryan Tempany has left? Where are you playing?

Knobjockey;274976 said:

Thats a bit harsh knob. Where are you this year? I couldnt believe the new faces the other week.Heard Jenno and Beeson were in thirds,Pindi? Heard Ryan Tempany has left? Where are you playing?

Young Willi Lad;274132 said:
While im on the 2s games i might talk about what happened on Saturday.

Broady bowled bundoora out for 114 and are 4/63 in reply, looks like another dodgy wicket at Sewell Reserve, you'd expect Broady to get up with their best bat Lawson yet to bat and he is in form.
Willy made 7/276 against Coburg. Well Done to J.Gallivan getting amungst them getting 45* and young Nick Rainone backing up from his 50* not out in round 1 to get another very solid 35. That should be a winning score on a very slow ground but we will have to wait and see.
Sunshine got 186 and Brunswick are 0/6 in reply. Well done to former Willy junior Dave Mazzone who got 51 and to J.Smith from Brunswick who got 6/65. You'd think Brunswick would have no trouble at all getting that score at Dempster Park which usually has a good batting wicket.
Balwyn made 263 against Altona at Altona. Well done to Kiker making 65. You would think they would be able to defend a score like that but on a very good batting wicket with a very strong batting line up the A's last year's grand finalists could get very close.
Yarraville made 217 against Ivanhoe who are 1/6 in reply. Well done to Torre who got 104 nearly half of their score. I am going to back in Yarraville to defend that score with a pretty decent bowling line up.
In the final game of the round Werribee hosted Preston and only got 138. In reply Preston are 0/53. It looks like a big win on the way for Preston who are looking pretty strong. In my opinion wbee are going to struggle a lot this year in the lower 11s with 3 junior players who played 1sts last year in Dean, Chadwick and Hill leaving to persue District careers along with Smith who played 2's. This filters down and i can't see them making the finals as they did last year in the 2's.

Good luck to everyone on day 2.

My predictions were all pretty right, 6 our of 7 i got. Brunswick let me down falling 25 runs of Sunshine's 186 in a suprising result.

Wow weren't there some huge scores across the subbies this weekend some amazing results.

Looks to be a year for the batsmen with the drought making the grounds that much faster it enables higher scores and more attacking batting.

Young Willi Lad;274132 said:
While im on the 2s games i might talk about what happened on Saturday.

Broady bowled bundoora out for 114 and are 4/63 in reply, looks like another dodgy wicket at Sewell Reserve, you'd expect Broady to get up with their best bat Lawson yet to bat and he is in form.
Willy made 7/276 against Coburg. Well Done to J.Gallivan getting amungst them getting 45* and young Nick Rainone backing up from his 50* not out in round 1 to get another very solid 35. That should be a winning score on a very slow ground but we will have to wait and see.
Sunshine got 186 and Brunswick are 0/6 in reply. Well done to former Willy junior Dave Mazzone who got 51 and to J.Smith from Brunswick who got 6/65. You'd think Brunswick would have no trouble at all getting that score at Dempster Park which usually has a good batting wicket.
Balwyn made 263 against Altona at Altona. Well done to Kiker making 65. You would think they would be able to defend a score like that but on a very good batting wicket with a very strong batting line up the A's last year's grand finalists could get very close.
Yarraville made 217 against Ivanhoe who are 1/6 in reply. Well done to Torre who got 104 nearly half of their score. I am going to back in Yarraville to defend that score with a pretty decent bowling line up.
In the final game of the round Werribee hosted Preston and only got 138. In reply Preston are 0/53. It looks like a big win on the way for Preston who are looking pretty strong. In my opinion wbee are going to struggle a lot this year in the lower 11s with 3 junior players who played 1sts last year in Dean, Chadwick and Hill leaving to persue District careers along with Smith who played 2's. This filters down and i can't see them making the finals as they did last year in the 2's.

Good luck to everyone on day 2.

My predictions were all pretty right, 6 our of 7 i got. Brunswick let me down falling 25 runs of Sunshine's 186 in a suprising result.

Wow weren't there some huge scores across the subbies this weekend some amazing results.

Looks to be a year for the batsmen with the drought making the grounds that much faster it enables higher scores and more attacking batting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back