subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

With the season now finished, I think the arguments over who will win the Hatch medal and be in the team of the season should begin!

The Field;342983 said:
With the season now finished, I think the arguments over who will win the Hatch medal and be in the team of the season should begin!
kevin lowe for the hatch medal, team of the season captain would have to be mick allen also in the team would be lowe, jones(melton) and maybe pritchard??

The Field;342983 said:
kevin lowe for the hatch medal, team of the season captain would have to be mick allen also in the team would be lowe, jones(melton) and maybe pritchard??

First big signing for next season, Yarraville have picked up Matthew Love from Footscray Edgewater. Any other confirmed movements.

First big signing for next season, Yarraville have picked up Matthew Love from Footscray Edgewater. Any other confirmed movements.

ok my team of the year is
alexander, m allen, kirk, gale, kight, hope, harrison, barbour, b wheels, b jones, sweet, j wheels.
oh sorry thats the premiership and championship winning teams! my bad......

alexander, m allen, kirk, gale, kight, hope, harrison, barbour, b wheels, b jones, sweet, j wheels.

*DaNcE HeRo*;343173 said:

how did you get a gig.......:confused:

*DaNcE HeRo*;343173 said:

weapons05/06;343391 said:

hahaha ummm, maybe the selectors were at willy the first game after christmas when i got a ton and you dropped me at square leg ;)

i really hope dylan kight gets in the team of the year as the keeper because he had a cracker of a year with the gloves and with the bat early on. he was faultless keeping and got 270 with the bat, would have got 400 however got pushed down from opening to 5 after christmas due to team balance and missed a few hits after christmas or come in with a couple of overs left. He deserves to be the keeper of the year especially the way he kept in the championshop final! brad jones and mick allen should go very close too. there are alot of all rounders with similar stats, s brown, lowe, sheedy, pritchard, beshara how will they pick the side??? can the accommodate 4-5 all rounders?? goldsmith and holmes are certainties. who will be the spinner?

hahaha ummm, maybe the selectors were at willy the first game after christmas when i got a ton and you dropped me at square leg ;)

i really hope dylan kight gets in the team of the year as the keeper because he had a cracker of a year with the gloves and with the bat early on. he was faultless keeping and got 270 with the bat, would have got 400 however got pushed down from opening to 5 after christmas due to team balance and missed a few hits after christmas or come in with a couple of overs left. He deserves to be the keeper of the year especially the way he kept in the championshop final! brad jones and mick allen should go very close too. there are alot of all rounders with similar stats, s brown, lowe, sheedy, pritchard, beshara how will they pick the side??? can the accommodate 4-5 all rounders?? goldsmith and holmes are certainties. who will be the spinner?

i really hope dylan kight gets in the team of the year as the keeper because he had a cracker of a year with the gloves and with the bat early on. he was faultless keeping and got 270 with the bat, would have got 400 however got pushed down from opening to 5 after christmas due to team balance and missed a few hits after christmas or come in with a couple of overs left. He deserves to be the keeper of the year especially the way he kept in the championshop final! brad jones and mick allen should go very close too. there are alot of all rounders with similar stats, s brown, lowe, sheedy, pritchard, beshara how will they pick the side??? can the accommodate 4-5 all rounders?? goldsmith and holmes are certainties. boglis would have to be the spinner...

i really hope dylan kight gets in the team of the year as the keeper because he had a cracker of a year with the gloves and with the bat early on. he was faultless keeping and got 270 with the bat, would have got 400 however got pushed down from opening to 5 after christmas due to team balance and missed a few hits after christmas or come in with a couple of overs left. He deserves to be the keeper of the year especially the way he kept in the championshop final! brad jones and mick allen should go very close too. there are alot of all rounders with similar stats, s brown, lowe, sheedy, pritchard, beshara how will they pick the side??? can the accommodate 4-5 all rounders?? goldsmith and holmes are certainties. boglis would have to be the spinner...

*DaNcE HeRo*;343558 said:

saw knight for the first time @ the champ game, and i must say was very very impressed with him. this kid has talent...not sure he will make the team, but i thought his glovework was outstanding and looked like he could bat a bit. how old is he?

i think they will probbaly go with 4 all rounders, 3 bats, 2 quicks, 1 keeper, 1 spinner,thats usually the case....gonna be difficult to pick...

saw knight for the first time @ the champ game, and i must say was very very impressed with him. this kid has talent...not sure he will make the team, but i thought his glovework was outstanding and looked like he could bat a bit. how old is he?

i think they will probbaly go with 4 all rounders, 3 bats, 2 quicks, 1 keeper, 1 spinner,thats usually the case....gonna be difficult to pick...

Dylan is 17 , and bats very well . Dance Hero is right he started the year very well with the bat , but took one for the team and dropped down the order a bit. we could not have asked more of him this year.

Dylan is 17 , and bats very well . Dance Hero is right he started the year very well with the bat , but took one for the team and dropped down the order a bit. we could not have asked more of him this year.

*DaNcE HeRo*;343557 said:

how come bloody goldsmith always gets in...........:eek:...1 good score dont make a season:rolleyes:

sheeds mmmmmmm i dont think so this year.......was good but not at his lofty standards......

i didnt even get a catch this year d/h and definately didnt touch your slogshot......hahahaha.....and plus you guys batted well your tons wernt enough and wernt good enough to stop the dowwwg at the top who got willy off to a flyer to set up the win........:cool:

what about young player of the year.........maybe kight might get a gig there......is there any 1 else.........james cragie from willy did ok opening with the new pill........

*DaNcE HeRo*;343557 said:

how come bloody goldsmith always gets in...........:eek:...1 good score dont make a season:rolleyes:

sheeds mmmmmmm i dont think so this year.......was good but not at his lofty standards......

i didnt even get a catch this year d/h and definately didnt touch your slogshot......hahahaha.....and plus you guys batted well your tons wernt enough and wernt good enough to stop the dowwwg at the top who got willy off to a flyer to set up the win........:cool:

what about young player of the year.........maybe kight might get a gig there......is there any 1 else.........james cragie from willy did ok opening with the new pill........

weapons05/06;343786 said:

thanks weapons, was a pretty cheap year.....:p

thanks weapons, was a pretty cheap year.....:p

haha yeh i suppose 750 isnt enough to get you in the side. take away his 1 hit and his still got 500 which is what most of the other guys that will get picked got, you idiot weapons. i did see you watching on anchorman, im sure you liked what you saw, interested in a lucrative deal with the mighty lions?? ;)

yeh you did blast us st the start weapons, what did you get that game 10 or 15? we beat use home and away 3 years ago and use won the champ final, use beat us home and away this year and we won it... maybe its becoming an omen not to win that game. tell your mate bubba smith not to bowl half volleys to me outside off stump :p

haha yeh i suppose 750 isnt enough to get you in the side. take away his 1 hit and his still got 500 which is what most of the other guys that will get picked got, you idiot weapons. i did see you watching on anchorman, im sure you liked what you saw, interested in a lucrative deal with the mighty lions?? ;)

yeh you did blast us st the start weapons, what did you get that game 10 or 15? we beat use home and away 3 years ago and use won the champ final, use beat us home and away this year and we won it... maybe its becoming an omen not to win that game. tell your mate bubba smith not to bowl half volleys to me outside off stump :p

*DaNcE HeRo*;343811 said:

31 from 29

you could be onto something there..........although it was a great win nothing beats holding the cup......ay anchorman:cool:

i dunno about half volleys.........i think if you gonna swing it its gotta be full so year there is a risk of getting hit str8.....though.....most of your runs like always come from that dab shot you play through gully/third man.........yes i would know where to bowl to you........;)
but never the less im sure you made plenty both sides of the wicket this year.......the stats dont lie and im sure you won the bat ave at melton in a champ winning year which is something to be proud of.......well done technomania:p

31 from 29

you could be onto something there..........although it was a great win nothing beats holding the cup......ay anchorman:cool:

i dunno about half volleys.........i think if you gonna swing it its gotta be full so year there is a risk of getting hit str8.....though.....most of your runs like always come from that dab shot you play through gully/third man.........yes i would know where to bowl to you........;)
but never the less im sure you made plenty both sides of the wicket this year.......the stats dont lie and im sure you won the bat ave at melton in a champ winning year which is something to be proud of.......well done technomania:p

well i did speak with your money man at the champ game, but he refused my request for a helicopter to get me to training and games...:D

well i did speak with your money man at the champ game, but he refused my request for a helicopter to get me to training and games...:D

anchorman;343841 said:
Helicopter you say anchorman....if thats all your after im sure we can work something out down at beach road :D

anchorman;343841 said:
Helicopter you say anchorman....if thats all your after im sure we can work something out down at beach road :D

BCC1842;343941 said:

I reckon a lexus to get around brighton mate..... :D

BCC1842;343941 said:

I reckon a lexus to get around brighton mate..... :D

Dylan Kight had a much better year than James Craigie and is a year younger.
He will fight it out with Matthew Fyfe from Croydon who scored 294 runs at 29.40 who is also 17, for the young player of the year.
I don't think Kight will get the keepers spot in the team of the year though, surely that will go to Justin Farrow from Box Hill who scored 522 runs at 40.14and who had 12 catches and 3 stumpings compared to Kight who scored 258 runs at 25.80 and had 19 catches and 4 stumpings.

Dylan Kight had a much better year than James Craigie and is a year younger.
He will fight it out with Matthew Fyfe from Croydon who scored 294 runs at 29.40 who is also 17, for the young player of the year.
I don't think Kight will get the keepers spot in the team of the year though, surely that will go to Justin Farrow from Box Hill who scored 522 runs at 40.14and who had 12 catches and 3 stumpings compared to Kight who scored 258 runs at 25.80 and had 19 catches and 4 stumpings.

1 score are you kidding?
He averaged 69 and made 6 50's and 1 hundred. He is a freak.
He's in my team.

1 score are you kidding?
He averaged 69 and made 6 50's and 1 hundred. He is a freak.
He's in my team.

Boglis you would think would be the spinner with 36 wickets at 15.72 but Goodwin with 30 wickets at 15.27 and Shane Peake from Endeavour with 34 at 16.53 would have to be in the hunt.

Boglis you would think would be the spinner with 36 wickets at 15.72 but Goodwin with 30 wickets at 15.27 and Shane Peake from Endeavour with 34 at 16.53 would have to be in the hunt.

Very, very tough with the all rounders.
Kevin Lowe will have to be in the side with 475 runs at 39.6 and 35 wickets at 12.7.
Shaun Brown with 535 runs at 48.6 and 26 wickets at 13.7 will get a gig.
Heath Pritchard with 403 runs at 40.3 and 29 wickets at 17.0 should be in the side.
Simon Beshara with 321 runs at 29.2 and 35 wickets at 12.3 gets in mainly for his bowling.

I think you need to take those 4 in. They were all exceptional.

Very, very tough with the all rounders.
Kevin Lowe will have to be in the side with 475 runs at 39.6 and 35 wickets at 12.7.
Shaun Brown with 535 runs at 48.6 and 26 wickets at 13.7 will get a gig.
Heath Pritchard with 403 runs at 40.3 and 29 wickets at 17.0 should be in the side.
Simon Beshara with 321 runs at 29.2 and 35 wickets at 12.3 gets in mainly for his bowling.

I think you need to take those 4 in. They were all exceptional.

My side would be.

1. Alex Hales (Croydon)
2. Justin Farrow+ (Box Hill)
3. Leigh Holmes (Yarraville)
4. Andrew Goldsmith (Box Hill)
5. Shawn Craig (Malvern)
6. Shaun Brown (Preston)
7. Kevin Lowe (Preston)
8. Heath Pritchard (Caulfield)
9. Simon Beshara (Ormond)
10. Barry Ensil (Oakleigh)
11. Matthew Boglis (Altona)

You may say that its harsh that no Melton player got in the team of the year, well on paper non of their players had better years than anyone in my side but they won the Championship Final because they were the best team. They had great individual performances to win them games but everybody chipped in and thats why they won. A lot of the players in my team, there teams strugged, this is beause their teams rely to heavily on them and cannot win without a great performance from them most notibly Ormond with Beshara and Yarraville with Holmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back