Subbies season 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies season 09/10

Puppeteer;365279 said:
Does this mean that Monto has moved/been moved on??

Monto didn't want to captain is what I've heard but is still playing .... also heard the roosters tried to poach a few of the Lankans and Chris Pearce from Moorabbin..... ummmmm

has been well known that Malvern have been stetching the laws re. their amount of professionals and the cash they have been dishing out, over the last few years, yet the VSDCA have always turned a blind eye.

Massive Hoop;365202 said:
Interesting that Malvern seem to have hidden the chequebook this year. Never heard of this Atkins bloke but their new captain seems an appointment from left field, and suprisingly an appointment from within.
Of those new players, one would think Flynn would be well suited for subbies, given his age, experience and loyalty to the club. As for the sri-lankans and the kiwis, plenty of vsdca clubs have been fooled by some cv spruiking before.
Not sure re. chances to get on round 1, wouldnt want to be fielding on some of the afl utilised grounds at the moment though.
Must be a few praccy games this weekend, I know Brighton are heading down to the bush for a team bonding/praccy weekend. MH

Whose the internal captain at Malvern??

BCC1842;365284 said:
Monto didn't want to captain is what I've heard but is still playing .... also heard the roosters tried to poach a few of the Lankans and Chris Pearce from Moorabbin..... ummmmm

Have heard that Monto's going back home to get married, but will more than likely be back after xmas. Also heard that Malvern were after Sean Ayres again - don't think it has happened though.

Conway is Capt at Malvern this year. I dont know anything of his credentials but he is a very good wicketkeeper.

The Field;365361 said:
Have heard that Monto's going back home to get married, but will more than likely be back after xmas. Also heard that Malvern were after Sean Ayres again - don't think it has happened though.

Think you might find that it's ranga desilva thats gone home to get married

Haha , he is a very good cricketer but I thought at the ripe old age of 16 or 17 he would be just a tad too young.

fmr_13;366216 said:
Haha , he is a very good cricketer but I thought at the ripe old age of 16 or 17 he would be just a tad too young.

Yes i think your right and he will be continuing his trade at St Kevins this year playing school cricket.

The Field;366564 said:
Pepe Harper to captain Noble Park this season after being at Balwyn, and Wolfe from Altona to Werribee.

MMMM, .Pep will score 600 plus runs out there.Good pick up ,top bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back