Subbies season 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies season 09/10

Are we going to get a game this weekend? thoughts... I'm predicting 1's and 2's report to grounds, 3's and 4's cancelled.

BCC_;367153 said:
Are we going to get a game this weekend? thoughts... I'm predicting 1's and 2's report to grounds, 3's and 4's cancelled.

I doubt it highly but am eager to find out as soon as possible.
I'd say the whole round will be called off by thursday but fingers crossed we get a start this weekend.

Young Willi Lad;367263 said:
I doubt it highly but am eager to find out as soon as possible.
I'd say the whole round will be called off by thursday but fingers crossed we get a start this weekend.

I'm eager as well the races are on Saturday !! Suit up boys where going to flemington

BCC1842;367301 said:
I'm eager as well the races are on Saturday !! Suit up boys where going to flemington

I think that's the go because i was informed tonight that 18 out of 28 wickets are not ready for play so there is absolutely no chance of play this weekend. Once again we will get a delayed start to the season.

Young Willi Lad;367340 said:
I think that's the go because i was informed tonight that 18 out of 28 wickets are not ready for play so there is absolutely no chance of play this weekend. Once again we will get a delayed start to the season.

you can come play on our wicket ywl..........suits the bowlers early.........batsmens paradise after 20 or 30 overs........:eek:

bucket head;366565 said:
MMMM, .Pep will score 600 plus runs out there.Good pick up ,top bloke.

I see in my local paper that Andrew Brown has left Noble Park for the DDCA. Also, in the wrap up that Ormond have lost Purkiss and Paul ( played 41 1st Grade games in India:confused:never heard of him) and Perera and Labrooy from Oakleigh.

bucket head;366565 said:
MMMM, .Pep will score 600 plus runs out there.Good pick up ,top bloke.

Pepe a good bloke??? heard plenty around the traps that would argue with that comment!

With this round already being called off - probably should see who people think are the favourites in each group this season.

Was a great day for cricket on Saturday.

All the grounds that I know of would have been good to play.

I think the VSDCA made the call too early. I cant imagine that many main grounds would not have been right come Saturday afternoon.

Anyone beg to differ?

Pele;368666 said:
Was a great day for cricket on Saturday.

All the grounds that I know of would have been good to play.

I think the VSDCA made the call too early. I cant imagine that many main grounds would not have been right come Saturday afternoon.

Anyone beg to differ?

Don't know if its entirely the subbies call they make a decision based on what the clubs report back to them in reference to the state of there grounds . I know down at beach road our ground is a mess and might not get up for this week

As i said earlier, a VSDCA committee member informed our club that 18 out of 28 grounds were unavailable so i can't see how we could have played.

I was happy with the Subbies call last week. I know our ground wasnt ready after footy season, and the mail was that only 10 out of the 28 grounds wouldve been right. Much better to play the game on an even playing field in better conditions in December. Judging by the forecast this week, and last weeks events I imagine that a few grounds still wont be up. Maybe we'll see a few of the sat/sun 1s/2s double. Very exited to get the season underway however.

Hmmm. I'm still not totally convinced.

I agree that you wouldnt want to give an unfair advantage to teams that get a result if a majority of teams cant get on.

However, the decision was made on the Tuesday. With the great weather we had for the rest of the week, how many of those grounds would have been ok on Saturday? Why not give it every chance and wait until Friday to make the call?

Just had a look at the VSDCA website, new announcement saying report to grounds on either Sat or Sun. Looks like a few grounds might still not be up, so maybe we will get the 1s on the Sat and the 2s on the Sun at the same ground, or 3's then 4's. Good news in that I can go watch cricket one day and play the next, bad news if its a sunday trip out to Broady.

Also thought it might be a good idea to get some tips in for the matches starting this weekend. Ill have a crack at the South/West group, 1's only. Obviously a big stab in the dark considering no cricket has been played yet.
Caulfield v Willy
Sunshine v Elsternwick
Melton v Ormond
Kingston v [Yarravlille
Werribee v Altona
Broady v Brighton
Malvern v Moorabbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back