Subbies Thread

Interesting to see the slow start to the season for Caulfield. Big game for them against oakleigh next week. The north south is very tight it seems with any team on its day able to beat anyone
They have two gun bats thats for sure but beyond that they're as similar as any other side. Jake Thorne with the ball is their only standout bowler. Think a few may have overestimated them prior to season.

They have two gun bats thats for sure but beyond that they're as similar as any other side. Jake Thorne with the ball is their only standout bowler. Think a few may have overestimated them prior to season.

Any idea why Graf hasn't been bowling?

When/if Graf and Warren get up and running with the ball then they will again be vrey hard to beat.

Think when the two dayers start and Thorne can start bowling 30 overs instead of 4 or 9 they will become harder to beat.

Also do not think we will see Rummans make many more low scores, I've still got him down for 800 runs.

Any idea why Graf hasn't been bowling?

When/if Graf and Warren get up and running with the ball then they will again be vrey hard to beat.

Think when the two dayers start and Thorne can start bowling 30 overs instead of 4 or 9 they will become harder to beat.

Also do not think we will see Rummans make many more low scores, I've still got him down for 800 runs.

Fair point on Thorne bowling maximum overs as he certainly restricts from one end and also takes wickets. Regarding warren, I think he may be getting on and not up to it anymore body wise.

Unbelievable result with Hoppers Crossing scoring just 19 on the weekend.
Big round coming up with two pairs of undefeated teams battling each other in both comps (Elsternwick vs Plenty Valley and Altona vs Balwyn)

A couple of remarkable results in East/West,Yarraville chasing 248 at Bayswater and getting a tie,Hoppers all out 19,players would have been in the 3ar by 1.30.
The biggest surprise was Taylors Lakes,easily accounting for the much vaunted Werribee,no sign of their English bowler after the 1st round ?

A couple of remarkable results in East/West,Yarraville chasing 248 at Bayswater and getting a tie,Hoppers all out 19,players would have been in the 3ar by 1.30.
The biggest surprise was Taylors Lakes,easily accounting for the much vaunted Werribee,no sign of their English bowler after the 1st round ?

Taylors Lakes have had a huge start to the year! Correct re Freckingham, not sure what has happened there.

Werribee has lost the Englishmen after the first round due to doing his hamstring
Also heard it will be that one of the Dean brothers won't play after this week
What everyone's thoughts on how the year had started
and any surprises?

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

It was alluded to at the time of his appointment but David Alleyne did not last long at Brighton, 6 weeks and gone. One of the more ordinary blokes in cricket and no surprise to see him depart.

Best of luck to Brighton in finding a replacement

Not sure re the club appointment comment - they didn't have too many options so late in the season after Rushworth was deported. Big job and no one at the club put their hand up, so they went with a recommendation and it hasn't worked.

Noticed an interesting tweet from Paul Amy yesterday,quote,"Hear an experienced sports administrators approaching some heavy hitters about the future ofSubbies cricket.
Adamant it should stay.''
Nice to know but I didn't know we were going anywhere anyway.

Going to be some underprepared decks this Saturday, don't reckon you'd be able to get a roller on in many places yet.

Unless the pitches were covered Monday night, tuesday morning, it's fair to say that not many games will go ahead this week.
Willy and Melton in the east/west will be quite happy if Saturday is deemed to be a washout for all games given they have already claimed the points.

Would have thought Melton and Willy would be pretty keen to get on with the prospect of 10 points in the offing.

No doubt!! if games do get on, 10 points is well and truly on the cards.
Melton and Willy putting to gether some nice form over the last few weeks.
East/West group looks very competitve this year.

Back