Subbies Thread

Well Port Melbourne are 2nd on the Ladder in CSB Division 2 grade but the reason iv been told they where re admitted to Sub District was there strong Administration,Junior Development program and there 2 grounds that are better then some of the current Sub District clubs.
But will take at least a decade to be competitive and strong until then they could be the new Moorabbin.
But good luck to them if there lucky Clayton might implode in the Grand Final against them if there lucky but doubt it.
Clayton deserves to win the flag especially with Jak Jowlett in the team and him hitting a ton on the weekend apparently it was a Masterclass against Parkdale United
You do realise this is the Subbies thread and no-one has any idea of what you are banging on about - Clayton?Parkdale?Jowlett? zero interest on here , please keep it to your own little league thread

Tell me which clubs haven't had an issue with the admin in the last 5 years . This is the standard of club that will come in . They want Port Melb , a club that can't beat other teams 2nds ! .
I have been told the relationship between the president of Strathmore and the VTCA's admin is toxic and I recall it expressed interest in being admitted to the subbies. It is second on the Senior Division ladder, is very well run and would be a real asset to the subbies if it came across. My recollection is Cv has the final say on such matters. Is this correct? Can anyone throw light on this?

I have been told the relationship between the president of Strathmore and the VTCA's admin is toxic and I recall it expressed interest in being admitted to the subbies. It is second on the Senior Division ladder, is very well run and would be a real asset to the subbies if it came across. My recollection is Cv has the final say on such matters. Is this correct? Can anyone throw light on this?
Who wouldn't have a toxic relationship with the dictatorship . At least Strathmore are a good club and would be competitive in subbies

Port beaten again by a second X1 again , surely they can't go in to subbies
If you seriously think that the side we put on the park yesterday will be the side we put on the park next season for Round 1 then your kidding yourself. The club know that success won't happen overnight and is a 3 to 4 year work in progress, our main objective for next season is to be competitive in all games we play and gain the respect of the subbies community. We are confident that with our growing junior numbers , our excellent playing facilities which are the envy of many and some good recruiting over the winter that we will be a very competitive club in subbies for many years to come.

If you seriously think that the side we put on the park yesterday will be the side we put on the park next season for Round 1 then your kidding yourself. The club know that success won't happen overnight and is a 3 to 4 year work in progress, our main objective for next season is to be competitive in all games we play and gain the respect of the subbies community. We are confident that with our growing junior numbers , our excellent playing facilities which are the envy of many and some good recruiting over the winter that we will be a very competitive club in subbies for many years to come.
You are kidding yourself ! maybe competitive in a grade 3 up from where you are firstly. It just dilutes a competition with no up and downs even further.

Sorry you feel that way mate, hope you and your club enjoy CSB I take it your not a fan of Siubbies cricket
There are some great players in it , but it's not as good as some at the top make it out to be . Adding clubs that are not in the top divisions of their own comp is just lowering the standard even more. The biggest problem is no promotion and relegation where you can find your own level. This is the advantage of regional cricket.

I'm sure there is a lot of nostalgia and history with returning to Subbies that I don't fully appreciate, but I have to agree with Turf Cricket that it doesn't seem appropriate for your club, results wise.
Shouldn't you try and be successful in CSB first and get out of Div 2 at least?
You mention facilities - are there plans for your second ground, as it is a horrible venue to host 3rds/4ths cricket.
Sounds like your Junior program has got you back on the right track, congrats and let's hope that drives a lot more players into your senior program.

I'm sure there is a lot of nostalgia and history with returning to Subbies that I don't fully appreciate, but I have to agree with Turf Cricket that it doesn't seem appropriate for your club, results wise.
You mention facilities - are there plans for your second ground, as it is a horrible venue to host 3rds/4ths cricket.
Sounds like your Junior program has got you back on the right track, congrats and let's hope that drives a lot more players into your senior program.

I wish them well in the subbies, but it is a risk given it does not have the critical mass to allow a promotion and relegation system. One only has to view the results of Taylors Lakes who entered the subbies without ever having played in the VTCA's Senior Division, to appreciate what can happen. Last I looked, it had yet to win a game in any grade. No-one can convince me it is the inability of a few imports being unable to return this season is the sole cause of of such a terrible across-the- board performance. It is the laughing stock of VTCA clubs in this region.

Too many clubs and wanting to add more which will only dilute the standard once again

Do the subbies wish to add more with the intention of gaining enough clubs to offer 2 divisions, thereby allowing a promotion and relegation system? An attraction in bringing Port Melbourne back into the fold is that it has 2 turf grounds. This requirement may be a limiting factor in the subbies aim to add more clubs. The only comment I can recall in recent times was by Phil O'Meara on the desirability of bringing in a couple of clubs for the purpose of an improvement in the fixture. Does anyone have more recent info.?

Do the subbies wish to add more with the intention of gaining enough clubs to offer 2 divisions, thereby allowing a promotion and relegation system? An attraction in bringing Port Melbourne back into the fold is that it has 2 turf grounds. This requirement may be a limiting factor in the subbies aim to add more clubs. The only comment I can recall in recent times was by Phil O'Meara on the desirability of bringing in a couple of clubs for the purpose of an improvement in the fixture. Does anyone have more recent info.?
I think it would be regional based , exactly what CV proposed about 5 years ago , which is ironic. A change at the top is needed.

I think it would be regional based , exactly what CV proposed about 5 years ago , which is ironic. A change at the top is needed.

Would CV still be in a position to offer $500K all up towards the management of the proposed 5 regions? The cost of it running CSB should have given CV a reality check on the huge value to community cricket of the persons giving of their own time to club and local association administration. Attempts by CV to adopt an AFL model in its operations was misguided and has set back indefinitely any prospect of the regional model getting off the ground.

Have you been to our second ground recently ?? If you had you would know that the Pitch is second to none, outfield good and City of Port Phillip recently completed a $2.5 million renovation of changerooms and social facilities that make it the envy of any around Melbourne.
Yes our junior program is going great currently having over 120 boys and girls involved from Woolworths Blast through to Under 16s and getting bigger every year and with time, club is confident that many of these juniors will progress through the ranks to be successful cricketers for our club and hopefully go even higher.
No denying there is a nostalgic part of wishing to rejoin subbies but club believes its in the best interests of our club from a recruiting and also from a junior pathway point to offer all, the best standard possible outside Premier Cricket, and with our geographical position to the CBD and with all mention previously, we are confident that we contribute to being a great club in subbies going forward.

Have you been to our second ground recently ?? If you had you would know that the Pitch is second to none, outfield good and City of Port Phillip recently completed a $2.5 million renovation of changerooms and social facilities that make it the envy of any around Melbourne.
Yes our junior program is going great currently having over 120 boys and girls involved from Woolworths Blast through to Under 16s and getting bigger every year and with time, club is confident that many of these juniors will progress through the ranks to be successful cricketers for our club and hopefully go even higher.
No denying there is a nostalgic part of wishing to rejoin subbies but club believes its in the best interests of our club from a recruiting and also from a junior pathway point to offer all, the best standard possible outside Premier Cricket, and with our geographical position to the CBD and with all mention previously, we are confident that we contribute to being a great club in subbies going forward.
You are kidding yourself !

Back