Subbies Thread

Not a bad pick up by Balwyn. Is Murphy coaching/captaining? I've seen him work with a number of batters at an indoor centre before and he spoke well and the kids looked like they were getting a lot out of the sessions.

He was at Prahran for a long time, so good experience.

Any whispers about Ivanhoe's movement in the off season?

Blimey,surely pradeep isn't going to plenty? Ivanhoe perennially do nothing on or off field. Whos Gilmour?

There's gotta be some more movement going on?

Ingram isn't playing at Plenty next year apparently which would leave room for Pradeep.

Gilmour is a mid 20's left arm opening bowler who played at Ringwood and played a few games for Victoria a few seasons ago. To my knowledge played in SA this year. He would be a great pick up and can bat a bit too so in the subbies would nearly be a genuine all rounder.

Ingram isn't playing at Plenty next year apparently which would leave room for Pradeep.

Gilmour is a mid 20's left arm opening bowler who played at Ringwood and played a few games for Victoria a few seasons ago. To my knowledge played in SA this year. He would be a great pick up and can bat a bit too so in the subbies would nearly be a genuine all rounder.
Not convinced by the Pradeep rumour: My sources know nothing about it.

i think ingram will be back

Is this appointment in response to choking in another GF? Shocked Damiano is sticking around after costing his side the GF.
Some interesting comments on Damiano. If he hadn't of played, would they have won? No. Not only is he a great bat, but a gun keeper. Caulfield has taken the punt, and to be honest, if they couldn't bat out the remainder of the Saturday, they didn't deserve to win. I can state that I would have him at the Saints in a heartbeat!

Some interesting comments on Damiano. If he hadn't of played, would they have won? No. Not only is he a great bat, but a gun keeper. Caulfield has taken the punt, and to be honest, if they couldn't bat out the remainder of the Saturday, they didn't deserve to win. I can state that I would have him at the Saints in a heartbeat!
Spot on. Their whole top order botched it. Caulfield's done the right thing. Probably recognise how hard it is to get a cricketer of his quality and (thus far consistant) output. Why throw the baby out with the bathwater?

Because he put himself above the team which is a cardinal sin in team sport. No one’s doubting he should be there based on talent, but similar to the K.Pieterson debate when it comes crashing down it can be catastrophic. Anyway at the end of the day what we think is irrelevant. If his teammates can look him in the eye after what happened then it’s time to move on.

Because he put himself above the team which is a cardinal sin in team sport. No one’s doubting he should be there based on talent, but similar to the K.Pieterson debate when it comes crashing down it can be catastrophic. Anyway at the end of the day what we think is irrelevant. If his teammates can look him in the eye after what happened then it’s time to move on.
How do we know if he put himself in front of the team? Love some information to confirm that! If the club and his team mates were comfortable with what he was going to do, whats the problem? I'm sure losing the granny was probably hard enough.

That is such a simplistic way to look at it though. They knew he had a wedding and chose to pick him. I'd be surprised without the benefit of hindsight if anyclub would do anything differently. And I suspect they'd pick him again were the situation the same.

Subbies Cricket on twitter claims another ex Richmond 1st XI player to make their way over to Plenty Valley via the strong link between the clubs. The player will be named in tomorrows Whittlesea leader. My bet: Sam Taylor. Left Richmond then returned last year, only to have pretty ordinary year. Will be a very handy pick up for pvcc. Won't gaurentee them a flag though, as they found this year.

Have been told James Wheelahan will play next season for Darley. He has been a wonderful servant of Melton, generally toiling into the wind. Has the same excellent on and off-field temperament as his father. Big shoes to be filled.

Read on the ECA website Llyod Mash may be leaving FD to go to one of their clubs? Anyone know anything about this? You'd think if he was leave FD they'd be plenty of subbies clubs approaching him? Some of the eastern clubs in the area. I believe Kew and Balywn have some links with FD.

Read on the ECA website Llyod Mash may be leaving FD to go to one of their clubs? Anyone know anything about this? You'd think if he was leave FD they'd be plenty of subbies clubs approaching him? Some of the eastern clubs in the area. I believe Kew and Balywn have some links with FD.

Would be a fantastic pick up for any club, regardless of the level. I understand he does quite a bit of coaching for Cricket Vic, so maybe he'll concentrate more on this.

Back