Subbies Thread

I can't believe Allen has broken his leg and is out for 12 months. What an idiot!! Melton must be pissed off that their captain has gone and played footy and broken his leg. He has seriously let them down. From all reports he is an average footballer anyway.
They will be annoyed with all the money they are spending on him. I bet Oakleigh is happy. He has basically given them the premiership.
Very selfish by him.
All I got to say

I can't believe Allen has broken his leg and is out for 12 months. What an idiot!! Melton must be pissed off that their captain has gone and played footy and broken his leg. He has seriously let them down. From all reports he is an average footballer anyway.
They will be annoyed with all the money they are spending on him. I bet Oakleigh is happy. He has basically given them the premiership.
Very selfish by him.
All I got to say

good post - your last sentence made plenty of sense - lets hope you stick to that

Very selfish by him.
All I got to say
Gees Will, a fair tee off!!

Not sure how much they spend, but do you expect him to sit at home twiddling his thumbs over winter?? Plenty of Subbies cricketers would play footy I suspect, just a freak accident.

Interesting analysis of the North West group. Not sure Oakleigh have, but a youngish Werribee team which palyed off against Melton and has picked up Heath Pritchard might be a little better than you give them credit for!

good post - your last sentence made plenty of sense - lets hope you stick to that
C
C'mon Nancy don't lose ur shit. My post was fair. Don't think it's fair to ur club as a captain, getting paid a lot I assume, to risk injury in another sport when it's a high risk. A little bit selfish. If I was any good and a captain of a team I wouldn't risk it.
Where has it left Melton?? In the shit I suspect. Don't try and protect him cause he is a gun player.

Not sure how much they spend, but do you expect him to sit at home twiddling his thumbs over winter?? Plenty of Subbies cricketers would play footy I suspect, just a freak accident.

Interesting analysis of the North West group. Not sure Oakleigh have, but a youngish Werribee team which palyed off against Melton and has picked up Heath Pritchard might be a little better than you give them credit for!
All fair Super Saint. I bet u wouldn't be happy if ur Club Captain did that, even though u r not a strong club like Melton and in a position to win another flag. Not like Entwhistle will be playing a tough sport tho so u'll be right.

U r right about werribee tho. They'll be a strong chance

All fair Super Saint. I bet u wouldn't be happy if ur Club Captain did that, even though u r not a strong club like Melton and in a position to win another flag. Not like Entwhistle will be playing a tough sport tho so u'll be right.

U r right about werribee tho. They'll be a strong chance
Whack my club and then the captain/coach!!

Remind me Will, who do you play for and do you play 1's?

Oh c'mon mate. I was simply saying u haven't had as much success as Melton recently. I think that's an accurate statement don't u think??
And although I have never met Entwhistle I have heard he is not in the shape required for a tough sport like Footy.
I can tell u that I am no great cricketer and delivering my average skills in the 3/4's of a prominent South team.
Although I can still share my opinion in this forum which is great and u blokes are listening which is also great

Oh c'mon mate. I was simply saying u haven't had as much success as Melton recently. I think that's an accurate statement don't u think??
And although I have never met Entwhistle I have heard he is not in the shape required for a tough sport like Footy.
I can tell u that I am no great cricketer and delivering my average skills in the 3/4's of a prominent South team.
Although I can still share my opinion in this forum which is great and u blokes are listening which is also great
No, fair enough. You actually said we're not in a position to win another flag. Whilst we haven't won a Subbies one, hoepfully we are a lot closer this year than previous years.

Speaking about Wiz, you didn't menbtion his condition, rather his inability to play a tough sport. In that regard, look up the name Grenville Dietrich.

Good thing about this is we all have an opinion and whether we believe it is right or wrong, everyone gets a say. Keeps things interesting.

C
C'mon Nancy don't lose ur shit. My post was fair. Don't think it's fair to ur club as a captain, getting paid a lot I assume, to risk injury in another sport when it's a high risk. A little bit selfish. If I was any good and a captain of a team I wouldn't risk it.
Where has it left Melton?? In the shit I suspect. Don't try and protect him cause he is a gun player.

I am not trying to protect anyone - just don't know where you draw the line regarding off season activities. Is he allowed to surf, bike ride, run a half marathon, play basketball, or bat in the nets if they are a bit soft?

There are many ways to get injured and it is disappointing for Mick and the Melton cricket Club. However the reason he is such a great player is probably partly due to all the cross training and ball sports he has been playing since he could walk. Thus altering your lifestyle and quitting playing sports you enjoy is probably not the answer for most elite sportsman.

Anyway - his 957 last year was enough for 2 seasons

Sorry Will,your surname says it all I'm afraid.
P.S,Ur is an ancient Mesopotamian city state.
P.P.S Allen is also a very good footballer.
Sorry Will,your surname says it all I'm afraid.
P.S,Ur is an ancient Mesopotamian city state.
P.P.S Allen is also a very good footballer.
C'mon mate lets not provide a history lesson for everyone. Not needed on a forum like this. Clearly showing ur ancient views. Get with the times mate. Clearly can't be bothered writing your so I shortened it. That's the lingo these days

I am not trying to protect anyone - just don't know where you draw the line regarding off season activities. Is he allowed to surf, bike ride, run a half marathon, play basketball, or bat in the nets if they are a bit soft?

There are many ways to get injured and it is disappointing for Mick and the Melton cricket Club. However the reason he is such a great player is probably partly due to all the cross training and ball sports he has been playing since he could walk. Thus altering your lifestyle and quitting playing sports you enjoy is probably not the answer for most elite sportsman.

Anyway - his 957 last year was enough for 2 seasons
Oh ok maybe I don't understand that because I am not an elite sportsman. I just thought when u get to a certain age u concentrate on the one sport which is supporting u and ur family in terms of money. That's my opinion. Letting down the club I think.
Not sure his 957 last season is enough for two seasons considering u can't use any of those runs this year unless I'm mistaken.

Oh ok maybe I don't understand that because I am not an elite sportsman. I just thought when u get to a certain age u concentrate on the one sport which is supporting u and ur family in terms of money. That's my opinion. Letting down the club I think.
Not sure his 957 last season is enough for two seasons considering u can't use any of those runs this year unless I'm mistaken.
There may be some brutal logic in what you say, Will, and it's easy to have 20/20 vision after the event, but I could not bring myself to take such an uncompromising and unsympathetic attitude. After all, we take risks every day--one of my mates is lucky to be alive after another motorist last week sped through a give way sign and wrote off my mate's car.
Two promising young guys, the Freeman brothers, who hailed fr W'bee and live there, have told F/E'Water they will not be playing at F/E this season. The younger, James, was a regular in F/E's twos last year and was knocking on the door of senior selection. He is a genune all-rounder being a hard-hitting bat and fast-medium bowler capable of bowling long spells. He claims he intends not to play crticket at all to concentrate on his music, but I hear W/bee are trying hard to have him play for them this season. I am not sure what Michael is doing, but he did play in W/bee's ones a few seasons ago as a LH opener and occasional leggie. Dare I say it Will, Michael has missed a lot of cricket in recent seasons due to footy injuries. You are only young once mate!!!

Boys, Don't get taken in by "Will". He is a very diminutive player at a very strong club in the South. , who fullfills a similar role to Mick Allen at his club.

And he is no "dud", he is an absolute "gun" and is also a good mate of Mick's.

Have you been engaging in deception to wind up members of this forum? You claim above to be delivering your average skills in the 3/4 of a prominent South team, yet, Short&Wide claims you are a gun player etc. Time for you to clear this matter up. I await your explanatory post. I do not take kindly to people who consider it amusing to engage in deceptive conduct. Obviously, until you clear this matter up, members of this forum are entitled to take anything you say on this post with a grain of salt.

Haha righto u got me. Bit of fun. Did enjoy the responses.

SS posted that Weapo has been logged out the result being this forum needs someone to replace him to liven things up a bit.
So, I hope you will keep posting. Thanks by the way for owning up to your little game. Truth be known, I also enjoyed the responses.

Back