Subbies Thread

As he should have been.

Hard to understand why anyone would have wasted their time going on it in the first place. Who would have thought that driving across towns takes a bit of time, that it's hard dealing with councils, and that the various associations think they do a pretty good job on their own and don't want to toss their history into the bin. Mind blowing revelations.

Hard to understand why anyone would have wasted their time going on it in the first place. Who would have thought that driving across towns takes a bit of time, that it's hard dealing with councils, and that the various associations think they do a pretty good job on their own and don't want to toss their history into the bin. Mind blowing revelations.
And that $100K per region will bring out quality adminstrators................................

Easy solution to all this to put 3rds and 4ths of premier and sub district into either VTCA , DDCA , ECA or even Mercantile it will show how good or weak these clubs are against the best from non premier and sub district cricket as for local government they don't care about cricket only care for them selfs

Got to say, that is genuinely staggering. Good play, just captained there first 1st XI premiership in 40+ years and out the door. Would be interesting to know the reasoning.

If they lose Dervan as well, losses could outweigh gains.................................

One would have to hope by now CV understands many cricketers play subbies because they want to compete in an across town competition, but not at Premier level. As to the the suggestion the Leagues would simplify dealings with local govt., this would offer only a minor benefit. There will always be a whole range of issues needing direct dealings by clubs with their municipal councils, such as seasonal hand-over of shared use facilities, compliance with council by-laws in respect to alcohol consumption, care and cleanliness of rooms etc. etc.

1 comp makes for a much more streamlined and efficient use of available resources. No one could argue against that.

If all the best players outside of premier cricket are playing in the one comp that will also strengthen the league and fast track development of the juniors.

I personally would like to see the top grade not bound by geographical borders.

1 comp makes for a much more streamlined and efficient use of available resources. No one could argue against that.

If all the best players outside of premier cricket are playing in the one comp that will also strengthen the league and fast track development of the juniors.

I personally would like to see the top grade not bound by geographical borders.

I think you are right on the money there panther, except that it's 5 comps not one, the best players don't play each other because clubs are permanently stuck in their zone, and there is no top grade proposed. That, and the fact that only one comp, the smallest, actually likes it means what was proposed isn't happening. Sorry about the bad news.

1 comp outside Premier 1st & 2nd and Sub District 1st & 2nd would be idle but won't happen clubs like Ashburton Willows will never play against the likes of Yarrivlle Club or Bonbeach same goes for Cranbourne playing the likes of La Trobe Uni or Middle Park or playing a Ormond 3rd X1 keep DDCA , ECA , VTCA with maybe restruct the South section with clubs also looking at MCA for lower X1

1 comp outside Premier 1st & 2nd and Sub District 1st & 2nd would be idle but won't happen clubs like Ashburton Willows will never play against the likes of Yarrivlle Club or Bonbeach same goes for Cranbourne playing the likes of La Trobe Uni or Middle Park or playing a Ormond 3rd X1 keep DDCA , ECA , VTCA with maybe restruct the South section with clubs also looking at MCA for lower X1

Correct me if I am wrong , but it is my recollection that it is only a few seasons back the subbies did, for a season or so, adopt an across town model only for the 1sts & 2nds, the 3rds and 4ths being refixtured to a regional basis. I don't know why that model was abandoned, but the point I make is that it appears to me the subbies have already shown that, should it become the wish of their clubs to limit across town travel to the 1sts & 2nds, it can readily do so.

I think you are right on the money there panther, except that it's 5 comps not one, the best players don't play each other because clubs are permanently stuck in their zone, and there is no top grade proposed. That, and the fact that only one comp, the smallest, actually likes it means what was proposed isn't happening. Sorry about the bad news.

Would appreciate you bringing me up-to-date RTG. I thought the Dandenong comp also liked the CV model's concept. Can I take it that when it came to the crunch, only the Willy comp was in favour. I also make the point that, unlike the turf-only comps, Dandy and Willy would not have had to give up their history (initially at least), as they would have continued to have many teams in their synthetic divisions.

Would appreciate you bringing me up-to-date RTG. I thought the Dandenong comp also liked the CV model's concept. Can I take it that when it came to the crunch, only the Willy comp was in favour. I also make the point that, unlike the turf-only comps, Dandy and Willy would not have had to give up their history (initially at least), as they would have continued to have many teams in their synthetic divisions.

Westland I have only seen one comp reported as being in favour, the Willy comp. As we know, VSDCA, VTCA, and MCA have all publicly stated they are against. I have not seen a public position from either ECA and DDCA but I think it fair to assume they would support it as they would, as you point out, operate essentially unchanged (plus a club here minus a club there). If the WDCA, ECA, and DDCA all are in favour, it means zero while the VTCA and VSDCA are against.

Westland I have only seen one comp reported as being in favour, the Willy comp. As we know, VSDCA, VTCA, and MCA have all publicly stated they are against. I have not seen a public position from either ECA and DDCA but I think it fair to assume they would support it as they would, as you point out, operate essentially unchanged (plus a club here minus a club there). If the WDCA, ECA, and DDCA all are in favour, it means zero while the VTCA and VSDCA are against.

Totally agree, and thanks for the clarification. No feed-back yet on this forum fr Scratch and co on the proposed CV meeting with southern clubs. Perhaps it hasn't yet happened. Although it may not be immediately relevant to the subbies, I would like to know what was discussed.

Important thing is to remember that it isn’t the VSDCA or the VTCA who voting for it, nor does it need to happen in all 5 regions straight away. The DDCA and the ECA are essentially being given $100K to continue to operate business as usual – bar, as you say +/- a couple of clubs. They'd be mad not to do it, in my opinion

The DDCA are on the record as being in favour, as are the WDCA. The ECA I think are against if the majority of associations don’t vote in favour, but the indications are the clubs are in favour. And as I said, it isn’t the associations who are making the call
If you told them it was ready to go in 16/17, I'd reckon the clubs in the VTCA South would join up tomorrow

Important thing is to remember that it isn’t the VSDCA or the VTCA who voting for it, nor does it need to happen in all 5 regions straight away. The DDCA and the ECA are essentially being given $100K to continue to operate business as usual – bar, as you say +/- a couple of clubs. They'd be mad not to do it, in my opinion

The DDCA are on the record as being in favour, as are the WDCA. The ECA I think are against if the majority of associations don’t vote in favour, but the indications are the clubs are in favour. And as I said, it isn’t the associations who are making the call
If you told them it was ready to go in 16/17, I'd reckon the clubs in the VTCA South would join up tomorrow

Correct me if I'm wrong. That 100k is to appoint a full time administrator and the current administrators work on a volunteer basis?

I think from the perspective of local cricket. The biggest potential benefit would be a potential stronger working relationship with local councils that would potentially come out of having stronger advocacy from cricket victoria. Could be wrong though.

Correct me if I'm wrong. That 100k is to appoint a full time administrator and the current administrators work on a volunteer basis?

I think from the perspective of local cricket. The biggest potential benefit would be a potential stronger working relationship with local councils that would potentially come out of having stronger advocacy from cricket victoria. Could be wrong though.
Correct – the $100K is given to the region towards a full time administrator, and associated costs. But surely the infrastructure in an existing comp is already there. The DDCA already have a HQ, and computers and mobiles etc – and their current executive/future board will continue to be paid the honorarium they presumably already get– so it is $100K on top of the income they already generate from clubs, sponsors etc. Now let's say they spend $90K on full time /part-time administrator(s), straight away they've got $10K on top of their existing funds for them to do whatever they want.
So an existing association, effectively given free reign over the region they currently preside (ECA/DDCA and possibly VTCA in the north and SECA if they wanted to take over the South) would be mad in my opinion, not to be all over it

Correct – the $100K is given to the region towards a full time administrator, and associated costs. But surely the infrastructure in an existing comp is already there. The DDCA already have a HQ, and computers and mobiles etc – and their current executive/future board will continue to be paid the honorarium they presumably already get– so it is $100K on top of the income they already generate from clubs, sponsors etc. Now let's say they spend $90K on full time /part-time administrator(s), straight away they've got $10K on top of their existing funds for them to do whatever they want.
So an existing association, effectively given free reign over the region they currently preside (ECA/DDCA and possibly VTCA in the north and SECA if they wanted to take over the South) would be mad in my opinion, not to be all over it

My take on this (based purely on reading the CV proposal) was that they'd get 500k use that to rent office space and 5 full time administrators and dissolve the existing executive.

May be wrong. Interesting in hearing other people's interpretations

Back