Subbies Thread

Plenty of VSDCA clubs that, geographically, are as close (if not closer) than Werribee and Hoppers Crossing will be.

Balwyn to Kew

Malvern to Caulfield

Williamstown to Yarraville

Ormond to Caulfield

Brunswick to Coburg

Coburg to Preston

Furthermore, Werribee and Hoppers Crossing would have the benefit over and above the majority of the clubs listed above in being able to draw from a growth corridor of Victoria and a young demographic.

All said, wouldn’t think that Werribee or Hoppers Crossing would have any problems calling on an area within Victoria that has a population, on par, to all of Tasmania. Don't know how receptive other VSDCA clubs would be as to any concerns that may be raised of a new club encroaching on an established recruiting area out there in the West.

I accept all the above, but if, say, Yarraville Club CC (which is also nearby the clubs named by YWL), indicated an expression of interest to enter the subbies, who knows what the reaction from the surrounding subbies clubs would be. Each case has to be considered on its merits, and the only case under consideration now is Hoppers Crossing. And Werribee is not a certainty to be admitted to Premier given 3 clubs are chasing just 2 spots. Also, the subbies may wish to fill the bye immediately--well before it is known which of the 3 aspiring clubs will enter Premier-if indeed it will happen at all. Werribee is the incumbent club, not Hoppers, and its views on the matter I do not yet know.

This is happening on Wednesday I believe and the Club recently agreed to apply to premier cricket so can't see them knocking back this opportunity.

On Thursday Hoppers Crossing will be in the subbies.

If the members have yet to approve the ''opportunity'', they couldn't go past reading Ben's excellent summation on p82 of the pros and cons as a preliminary to voting. Am I missing something here in saying it is only an opportunity for existing members if they can see their way clear to commit to Premier Cricket?

Current edition of Brimbank Leader informs Sunshine's coach will be Troy Stone replacing Mark Brown. No mention of whether Brown is staying on. A life member of Willy has told me Brown will return to Willy, but that's all I know about where he is headed. Last season's captain, Kane Twentyman, returns to his former club, Sydenham Hillside, in the NWMCA. No specific mention of new players. ''Were just looking at maintaining our current list and possibly adding to it'' Stone said. At least they will have ugraded facilities to enjoy, the $1m upgrade now in use by the shared-use footy club.

Still amazed that KS have left Subbies and basically will cease to exist. Always a great club to play across the grades. Word is that no one really wants the new club to succeed so that the 3 NW subbies clubs will be able to move into Premier rather than making 2/3 decision. Hopefully if this happens the KS can re=establish and come back to Subbies . Looking at South the division has become even more competitive. KS replaced by Oakleigh. Moorabbin have announced a few and other power clubs have picked up recruits. I know another South club is pretty happy with recruits and will make announcements soon. Looks like Subbies is almost self dividing into divisions !! West looking very strong.

Beer has to play premier to get his big bash contract.. And I'd be surprised if he didn't return to Malvern when his finished.
Harwood played Big Bash whilst in his first season at Melton. The club was quite happy for him to play as long as he was available to play finals.

Still amazed that KS have left Subbies and basically will cease to exist. Always a great club to play across the grades. Word is that no one really wants the new club to succeed so that the 3 NW subbies clubs will be able to move into Premier rather than making 2/3 decision. Hopefully if this happens the KS can re=establish and come back to Subbies . Looking at South the division has become even more competitive. KS replaced by Oakleigh. Moorabbin have announced a few and other power clubs have picked up recruits. I know another South club is pretty happy with recruits and will make announcements soon. Looks like Subbies is almost self dividing into divisions !! West looking very strong.
Didn't HMU come about from a merger between Hawthorn and monash uni (subbies?)

I'd suggest that if the merger fell over, it would set Kingston back a lot.

Back