Subbies Thread

Seems strange how the Southern corridor is neglected. Also a massive growth area with very strong cricket history. Have lost teams over years such as Dandenong, Frankston, Monash and now Kingston. Leaves Brighton and Moorabbin as Southern most clubs with massive population spreading down the Peninsula. Surely Subbies would look at Beaumaris or Mordiallic or Parkdale etc to balance regions. It seems subbies are happy to hand this area over to DDCA. Probably why VCA so keen to have a Premier club there.

Seems strange how the Southern corridor is neglected. Also a massive growth area with very strong cricket history. Have lost teams over years such as Dandenong, Frankston, Monash and now Kingston. Leaves Brighton and Moorabbin as Southern most clubs with massive population spreading down the Peninsula. Surely Subbies would look at Beaumaris or Mordiallic or Parkdale etc to balance regions. It seems subbies are happy to hand this area over to DDCA. Probably why VCA so keen to have a Premier club there.
Not many clubs south of moorabbin that are fielding or could field four sub district standard Saturday turf teams.
Probably only Beaumaris. Mordi only have one turf ground.

My guess: RPB to North, Balwyn to East, Oakleigh to South.

That was announced last night. Hoppers have been provisionally approved by the delegates to enter the VSDCA from this season. Cricket Victoria need to provide their stamp of approval.
Round 1 will commence on Sunday 4th October, this will be a two day fixture for 1st & 2nd XI's only. 3rd & 4th XI's to commence with a one dayer on the 10th.

It's all conjecture at the moment, but spoke with a mate from the Hills on the weekend. Said Zach Allen (naturally) has moved to Premier, followed by Ben Swift and a couple of the young guns. The Peake's have left, and they haven't picked up any players, so the crop that have been there for a while aren't too happy.

Heard the same thing Random Truths! gotta a mate too from the hills [well i guess was at the hills] who was telling me the other day there are players currently speaking with rival subbies clubs. They stated that they are leaving due to success at the Hills is a long way off and they don't want to endure another year of getting smashed [even though they were in the final 6 over the last two seasons]. And by the sounds of things it is looking like a big walk out is on the cards!

"Seems strange how the Southern corridor is neglected. Also a massive growth area with very strong cricket history. Have lost teams over years such as Dandenong, Frankston, Monash and now Kingston. Leaves Brighton and Moorabbin as Southern most clubs with massive population spreading down the Peninsula. Surely Subbies would look at Beaumaris or Mordiallic or Parkdale etc to balance regions. It seems subbies are happy to hand this area over to DDCA. Probably why VCA so keen to have a Premier club there."

Parkdale are a basket case, won't be looking there

With all due respect to Subbies and the posters on this thread but Parkdale CC has no interest in the VSDCA, and I'm aware Scratch has no affiliation with VSDCA or it's clubs - but why you'd make a comment like this is beyond me.

That was announced last night. Hoppers have been provisionally approved by the delegates to enter the VSDCA from this season. Cricket Victoria need to provide their stamp of approval.
Round 1 will commence on Sunday 4th October, this will be a two day fixture for 1st & 2nd XI's only. 3rd & 4th XI's to commence with a one dayer on the 10th.

Is there any truth in the post by Scratch advising CV has written to the subbies saying they consider Hoppers and Werribee too close to each other? Given both Ben and YWL have pointed out many subbies clubs are equally close, the subbies appear to have a strong case to challenge the efficacy of CV's views (assuming, of course, CV have expressed such concern).

My understanding is that CV were involved through the process of selecting Hoppers as the most likely replacement for Kingston, so the counter view above does not ring true.

My understanding is that CV were involved through the process of selecting Hoppers as the most likely replacement for Kingston, so the counter view above does not ring true.

Thanks for that. Just want to pick your brains if I may. Why is CV approval nowadays needed given the dividend has been phased out? If the subbies wished to make such decisions without involving CV, what stick could CV use to prevent it. After all, it has already indicated its wish to act independenly by having rejected the CV Task Force model. The issue of obtaining CV approval to bring a VTCA club into the subbies seems to me to be small beer compared to the rejection of the model.

Heard the same thing Random Truths! gotta a mate too from the hills [well i guess was at the hills] who was telling me the other day there are players currently speaking with rival subbies clubs. They stated that they are leaving due to success at the Hills is a long way off and they don't want to endure another year of getting smashed [even though they were in the final 6 over the last two seasons]. And by the sounds of things it is looking like a big walk out is on the cards!
So where are they going? Bit of an indictment on them if they are leaving because they don't see success on the horizon, are they part of the problem?

Allen is a big loss but surely you don't walk out of a club because of the loss of one player?

Roxburgh Park Broadmeadows Cricket Club
RPBCC Falcons - Development Coach Vacancy (paid position)

By now, the full Victorian cricketing community should be aware of the new power ins VSDCA cricket; the RPBCC Falcons.

VSDCA 1st XI Minor Premiers last Season and losing Grand Finalists, the Falcons have announced themselves as a team on the rise and have immersed themselves in the community psych of one of metropolitan Victoria's growth areas - North/West Victoria.

With an average VSDCA 1st XI age of less than 22 and average VSDCA 2nd XI age of less than 19, our Premiership window of opportunity is open for the next 5+ Seasons.

All will have seen some key appointments and announcements, including:

- the appointment of Adam Yates as Senior Coach
- the appointment of a panel of Assistant Coach's and Emerging Leaders
- the ongoing partnership with Cricket Vanuatu and the in-principle commitment of return of Patrick Matautaava and Simpson Obed
- the in-principle Cricket Vanuatu position of adding Andrew Mansale to Cricket Vanuatu Scholarship members hosted by the Falcons in Season 2015/2016 (Andrew being Vanuatu's national Captain and a sublime talent with bat, ball and in the field)
- the ongoing behind the scenes work to secure the playing services of a former Australian Test Player and current Big Bash representative
- the re-commitment of existing elite young playing talent such as Jacob Austin (who had been actively targeted and approached by competing clubs)

As the Falcons look to finalise all appointments for Season 2015/2016, we call-out and highlight that an opportunity for a Development Coach still exists. This is a paid position.

Ideally, a proven Premier or VSDCA performer would be preferred. However, all Applications will be considered. Remuneration is negotiable and will be aligned with market worth and commensurate with achievements and skills sets.

Contact RPBCC President, Ben Wood, on 0403305586 or at ben_wood@mlc.com.au for more information.

Ben Wood
President

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 2
I didnt think a club could annoy me more on social media than Plenty Valley but well done to the boys from Roxborough Park - you are the new number 1

Jacob Austin may have had someone from his former club try to convince him to return, however I find it extremely hard to believe he's been "actively targeted and approached" by rival clubs.

I don't think you could class 215 runs and 15-16 as "elite"

In reference to Jacob Austin:

1) I believe that the reference above is to "elite YOUNG talent" and was strongly considered for the VSDCA's Best Young Player award

2) at only 18 years of age, Jacob; 1) took the most dismissals, as a keeper, across all of VSDCA 1st XI (both groups) with 36 Season dismissals, and 2) top scored for the VSDCA Under 21 Representative team with 60+.

3) is Jacob regarded by VSDCA pundits as one of the most talented, up and coming, players having just turned 18? Are Premier clubs keeping a very close eye on his development as a keeper/batsman?

An earlier comment was also made questioning as to how vigorously he was approached. Don't believe that we have ever specifically referred to approaches by VSDCA clubs and I would suggest that electing to remain with the Falcons and further develop his game at VSDCA level and, in the process, turning down many $hundreds a game to play local cricket is credit to the young man and his commitment to the development of his game.

Feel free to have a go at or question me but calling out and highlighting one sentence within the above that pertains to a kid who has only just turned legal age??

When you want to bring some actual facts to the table as I have above in this retort, happy to listen.

I have said it before and I will say it again, feel free to say as you wish about me in this forum. However, I will not stay silent on comments made about either my club or members.

The above was an advert for a Development Coach. If you're not interested, so be it - move on.

I didnt think a club could annoy me more on social media than Plenty Valley but well done to the boys from Roxborough Park - you are the new number 1

I'm truly saddened and disappointed to hear this as I, my club members, sponsors, benefactors, involved 3rd parties, etc of the RPBCC value your opinion highly.

If it's any consolation, I have called an urgent Executive meeting to take on feedback of "nancy" and his perceptions on our presence and excessive brand promotion with social media. I am confident that, following this meeting, appropriate refinements will be made to our approach to better align with your expectations as to how a club should promote themself.

Back