Subbies Thread

westland Greg who?? you and yougstars keep talking about Greg hahaha i have nothing to do with the club. I read your posts and as far as im concerned your a coward with nothing better to do than talk shit about people behind there backs and if you keep naming names ill let everyone no who you are so dont brother replying you tool you not worth my time.....

I have already provided in an earlier post all the info needed to id me by those who need to know. Judging by the standard of your post, Sunshine is fortunate you have nothing to do with the club (yet). Familiar turn of phrase though. The members of this forum deserve more than being subjected to this garbage so I will cease posting on this matter no matter how ridiculous, offensive and wrong further posts may be in reference to me. Perhaps you may be prepared to show the same courage as me and disclose enough info so that people who need to know can id you.

I Have tried very hard not to make comment on the Sunshine Cricket Club for over 12 months now .but after seeing a real Gentleman as Westland being ridiculed I feel I should make some comment.and with respect to the players whom are a great BUNCH OF BLOKES and give their all every week .The S.C.C Committe is a boys club set up by the President and the Treasurer whom have set the club back 20 years most are yes men and anyone with opinions different than the Pres and Tres are moved on as I see it S.C.C WITHIN 3 YEARS WILL NO LONGER BE PLAYING SUBBIES CRICKET if you need proof of the Boys club look at Weapons comments "I HAVE BEEN A FAMILY FRIEND FOR 20 YEARS although Weapons you may do a good job and good luck to you . As was the case with Westland I feel for Rex whom was dumped by the committe for a difference of opinion
I to have issues with the committee but because of legal issues I cannot comment on these Iam sure most people from the club know who I am and I am only to happy to
discuss my issues With anyone in private ;.
my last comment or question is to Weapons "how many senior player will not be returning to the club this year? also if any one wishes to make comment on my personal issues with the committee p-lease feel free to do so.

I Have tried very hard not to make comment on the Sunshine Cricket Club for over 12 months now .but after seeing a real Gentleman as Westland being ridiculed I feel I should make some comment.and with respect to the players whom are a great BUNCH OF BLOKES and give their all every week .The S.C.C Committe is a boys club set up by the President and the Treasurer whom have set the club back 20 years most are yes men and anyone with opinions different than the Pres and Tres are moved on as I see it S.C.C WITHIN 3 YEARS WILL NO LONGER BE PLAYING SUBBIES CRICKET if you need proof of the Boys club look at Weapons comments "I HAVE BEEN A FAMILY FRIEND FOR 20 YEARS although Weapons you may do a good job and good luck to you . As was the case with Westland I feel for Rex whom was dumped by the committe for a difference of opinion
I to have issues with the committee but because of legal issues I cannot comment on these Iam sure most people from the club know who I am and I am only to happy to
discuss my issues With anyone in private ;.
my last comment or question is to Weapons "how many senior player will not be returning to the club this year? also if any one wishes to make comment on my personal issues with the committee p-lease feel free to do so.

Thank you very much for the kind words, it is greatly appreciated. As I write, I have in front of me a photo of the happy crew (including the Kelly brothers Ian(Bubba) and Neil(Ned) and me), taken at Sunshine's 1961 end-of-season trip. Last winter, I took a call from Ian during which he said 'this persecution by Greg of my brother must stop' telling me he intended to seek a meeting with the club to sort the matter out and asking me if I would be prepared to attend as a witness to an event supporting his contention. I agreed. The meeting was extremely acrimonious and I severed my connection with the club forthwith.

Why is it that people involved in lower levels of cricket often become involved in these sorts of petty, vindictive slanging matches?
For whatever reason you don't generally find this type of discourse amongst those discussing premier cricket

Why is it that people involved in lower levels of cricket often become involved in these sorts of petty, vindictive slanging matches?
For whatever reason you don't generally find this type of discourse amongst those discussing premier cricket

Le
Thank you very much for the kind words, it is greatly appreciated. As I write, I have in front of me a photo of the happy crew (including the Kelly brothers Ian(Bubba) and Neil(Ned) and me), taken at Sunshine's 1961 end-of-season trip. Last winter, I took a call from Ian during which he said 'this persecution by Greg of my brother must stop' telling me he intended to seek a meeting with the club to sort the matter out and asking me if I would be prepared to attend as a witness to an event supporting his contention. I agreed. The meeting was extremely acrimonious and I severed my connection with the club forthwith.

As tough as it is for all involved Lets move on ay.....

Le

As tough as it is for all involved Lets move on ay.....

Weapo, I am neither responsible for nor the cause of the club's internecine strife, nor can I solve it. By teeing off on me you shot the messenger and stirred me up as only you can!!!. There's two sides to every story as you have gleaned from recent posts. I have not set foot inside the club since I severed my connection and my sponsorship, so you will not need to worry about me if you desist from trying to denigrate me. You will have more than enough on your plate without delving into the club's internals.

Weapo, I am neither responsible for nor the cause of the club's internecine strife, nor can I solve it. By teeing off on me you shot the messenger and stirred me up as only you can!!!. There's two sides to every story as you have gleaned from recent posts. I have not set foot inside the club since I severed my connection and my sponsorship, so you will not need to worry about me if you desist from trying to denigrate me. You will have more than enough on your plate without delving into the club's internals.

Neither am I but you are responsible for getting it out there like it or not......with your posts and one yesterday what do you recon the playing group the ones i need on board in looking skywards would be thinking if they are reading this......they are the only ones you are hurting from where I sit because it goes back to the same old same old......

Teeing off.....imagine I got the Taylor made r7 out.....it was only an easy 7 iron from 150 your first post was directed at me and of course a reply was imminent otherwise you would have did it In different ways......what's done is done ....if I stirred the pot you were a step before in being the paint can shaker.....for me and the position im all this hoo haa is only making the picture clearer of what needs to be addressed in moving forward the rest will fall into place ......it all comes down to attitude and what I can dish up on the plate to change that!!!i have already seen a little bit of what goes on i wont put up with it!!!!I'll turn the negatives into positives and away we go.....

All the best....say hi to fozzy for me!!!!

I think you are right, one of the reasons being, I suggest, that the intensive training, time and commitment Premier Cricket demands means the sort of people likely to engage in the behaviour you have described are far and few between at that level. Still plenty of on-field sledging though.
Unfortunately, we are not without our problems at the highest level of our game for, in this morning's news, I note Micky Arthur is seeking $4 millions in compensation. What next; revelations of wide-spread drug abuse to add to the game's tarnished image due to match fixing ???!! Let's hope not.

Gees, you get logged out and look what you miss out on!!!!!!

Being a 20+ year player and committee member, I will provide the following:
- A harmonius committee is a good one;
- The best performing clubs have little or no committee input into playing/coaching, other than appointing the coach.

Good luck Weapo, let's hope you are coach of a well run and happy cricket club.

Guys, good posting for the most part. I would appreciate though that we not name drop fellow members on here. If you want to talk to a member in the public forums, please user their username. I must also add that insults and abuse will not be tolerated at all, any further posters who use abusive remarks and insults will earn a temporary holiday from the site.

Thanks fellas and keep up the good posting.

Hey guys,

As a former Sunshine player myself I would also like to wish Weapo luck with the massive job he has ahead. I would love to see Sunshine get back on track however I honestly cant see it happening anytime soon. I've been told (from the horses mouth) that a lot of the better players (Webb, Stone ect... ) have already signed with other clubs. I remember playing there with some great people like John Causon, Joffa King, Tim & Ben Collins, Glenn Sullivan ect.... and it was a great club but from what I'm hearing now it looks like they'll once again struggle to even get 2 teams on the park, let alone 4.

I believe there are still some good people there and someday I would love to see them winning again... But for that to happen I think the current management (committee) need to go :(

All the best for coming season.

Hey guys,

As a former Sunshine player myself I would also like to wish Weapo luck with the massive job he has ahead. I would love to see Sunshine get back on track however I honestly cant see it happening anytime soon. I've been told (from the horses mouth) that a lot of the better players (Webb, Stone ect... ) have already signed with other clubs. I remember playing there with some great people like John Causon, Joffa King, Tim & Ben Collins, Glenn Sullivan ect.... and it was a great club but from what I'm hearing now it looks like they'll once again struggle to even get 2 teams on the park, let alone 4.

I believe there are still some good people there and someday I would love to see them winning again... But for that to happen I think the current management (committee) need to go :(

All the best for coming season.
Oh dear, if Webb & Stone have gone, doesn't leave a heap!!

Back