Subbies Thread

Dempster is looking its batters paradise best....though with the redevelopment in full swing portables ( near playground) for changerooms the only little hurdle that needs to b jumped over....
lost some quality
gained some quality
keeper bat
opening bowler
Allrounder who bowls leggies
no 3 bat (professional)
Top order bat

As a club looking to improve again in all areas on and off the field.....looking fwd to getting into game mode.....

Tips for this weekend?
I'll have a crack at North-West

Plenty Valley vs Yarraville
Williamstown vs Balwyn
Melton vs Ivanhoe
Preston vs Altona
Brunswick
vs RPB
Sunshine vs Coburg
Werribee
vs Kew

Here are my season predictions:

North / West

Werribee
Melton
Plenty Valley
Balwyn
Altona
RPB
Ivanhoe
Preston
Sunshine
Yarraville
Coburg

South / East

Ormond
Noble Park
Oakleigh
Malvern
Caulfield
Bayswater
Croydon
Elsternwick
Mt Waverley
Kingston Saints
Moorabbin

It's pretty tough to do a full ladder, so I might be way off the mark with some of these. But it's a worthwhile exercise, would be interesting to see other poster's versions of this.

Last edited:
Here are my round one tips:

North / West

Plenty Valley vs Yarraville
Williamstown vs Balwyn
Melton vs Ivanhoe
Preston vs Altona
Brunswick vs RPB
Sunshine vs Coburg
Werribee vs Kew

South / East

Elsternwick vs Bayswater
Ormond
vs Box Hill
Croydon vs Brighton
Noble Park vs Malvern
Caulfield vs Endeavour Hills
Kingston Saints vs Mount Waverley
Oakleigh vs Moorabbin

North / West

Werribee
Melton
Plenty Valley
Balwyn
Altona
RPB
Ivanhoe
Preston
Sunshine
Yarraville
Coburg

South / East

Ormond
Noble Park
Oakleigh
Malvern
Caulfield
Bayswater
Croydon
Elsternwick
Mt Waverley
Kingston Saints
Moorabbin

It's pretty tough to do a full ladder, so I might be way off the mark with some of these. But it's a worthwhile exercise, would be interesting to see other poster's versions of this.

Not sure Melton will finish that high? Recruited well but still a long way to come back from where they've been. Don't think Werribee will win it either, my tip is PV.

As for the SE group, Oakleigh will be top 2 I think. And id put Caulfield in top 2 as well with their 4 or 5 recruits. Oakleigh, caulfield or Noble park to win it.

Not sure Melton will finish that high? Recruited well but still a long way to come back from where they've been. Don't think Werribee will win it either, my tip is PV.

As for the SE group, Oakleigh will be top 2 I think. And id put Caulfield in top 2 as well with their 4 or 5 recruits. Oakleigh, caulfield or Noble park to win it.
I think Plenty Valley and Werribee are clearly the two fav's and were both expected to win their respective comps last year.

Yeah, Caulfield will be strong. SE is real interesting cause it features all four grand finalists from last year.

I would like to see some of the lesser profile clubs do well, who also tend to be a bit underrated.

I've done the predictions post finals, which may see some upsets.

North / West

Werribee
Melton
Plenty Valley
Balwyn
Altona
RPB
Ivanhoe
Preston
Sunshine
Yarraville
Coburg

South / East

Ormond
Noble Park
Oakleigh
Malvern
Caulfield
Bayswater
Croydon
Elsternwick
Mt Waverley
Kingston Saints
Moorabbin

I will stop at a top 6 rather than the full 14
north/west

PV
Altona
Melton
Werribee
Kew
Brunswick

south/east

Caulfield
Oakleigh
Noble Park
Malvern
Bayswater
Ormond

Well. Glad to get the cobwebs partially removed after day 1 of action yesterday! Who were the big performers?

South div: Looking at scores, most teams have performed to expectations. The most evenly poised game would have to be Noble park v Malvern, that looks to be up for grabs next weekend. Mawzoon to get NP across the line.

Elsternwick v bayswater also interesting, backing bayswater to chase them down.

Caulfield appear to have put together a massive total, Damiano picking up from where he left off last year.

Several teams playing one dayers next week including Oakleigh and Ormond.

Game on!

Great to see so many games underway.

No surprises with runs from some really consistent performers like Ingram, Damiano and Dean.

Less than glamourous start for Gilmour from Kew but I'm sure he will be a really good player for them this season with both bat and ball.

Excellent first round of action.

What an epic game between Noble and Malvern.

That would have been the perfect result if we still had the championship game.

I missed out on Ivanhoe in the NW and Mount Waverley and Brighton in the SE.

Bring on round 2.

Excellent first round of action.

What an epic game between Noble and Malvern.

That would have been the perfect result if we still had the championship game.

I missed out on Ivanhoe in the NW and Mount Waverley and Brighton in the SE.

Bring on round 2.

Was a big first round. Interesting to see how well Endeavour went in their chase against Caulfield. Also noticed that Kew pushed Werribee, going to be Werribee's weakness again the bowling, a lot rests on Pilch's shoulders. Interesting to see that James Freeman and Burton both played 2's, would've thought that they would be in the 1's line up.

And boy are Plenty Valley going to be hard to stop this season! Won't lose many games acorss the 4 XI's I wouldn't have thought. Big upset with Ivanhoe knocking over Melton at Maccy Park.

Predictions for Round 2:

N/W:

Balwyn v Plenty Valley
Ivanhoe
v Williamstown
Altona v Melton
RPB
v Preston
Coburg v Brunswick
Kew
v Sunshine
Yarraville v Werribee

S/E:

Bayswater v Oakleigh
Box Hill v Elsternwick
Brighton v Ormond
Malvern
v Croydon
Endeavour Hills v Noble Park
Mt Waverley v Caulfield
Moorabbin
v Kingston Saints

Matches of the Round:

N/W - Altona v Melton: Will Melton bounce back from their surprise defeat from last week. I think this will be a close one.

S/E - Bayswater v Oakleigh: Bayswater were dominant last week, can they back it up against the East's powerhouse.

Last edited:
Back