Subbies Thread

With regard to the toss at Ormond,I can only assume that the oakleigh captain thought he had a psychological advantage after they"d rolled Ormond for 50 and a hundred odd in the penultimate round,still an astounding decision in a final on a road.
The Oaks can get a bit jittery come finals time.
RTG,the neanderthals venture out of the cave every year after Yarraville Club win the flag,won't see them for another 12 months now.

Formal RPBCC Falcons Advert for Professional Player in Season 2015/2016 and are unashamed in positioning legitimate Premiership candidacy for Seasons 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18.

As the Falcons commit to a dynasty of sustained success, the Professional Player sought is to compliment existing playing list and Coaching structures.

Refer to the following formal advert for further details.

Formal RPBCC Falcons Advert for Professional Player in Season 2015/2016 and are unashamed in positioning legitimate Premiership candidacy for Seasons 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18.

As the Falcons commit to a dynasty of sustained success, the Professional Player sought is to compliment existing playing list and Coaching structures.

Refer to the following formal advert for further details.

Will need to re-attach your link Ben, it didn't work.

When is hatch dinner? Team of the year predictions?

Friday, 8th May at the RACV club. Subbies announced last night that a best XII for each of the four groups will be announced prior to the Hatch dinner, from which the final Team of the Year will be selected.
Some good recognition for a wider number of players I think.

Friday, 8th May at the RACV club. Subbies announced last night that a best XII for each of the four groups will be announced prior to the Hatch dinner, from which the final Team of the Year will be selected.
Some good recognition for a wider number of players I think.

Like the idea, there are a lot of players across the 28 club's that always just miss out on the TOTY but who will be able to be recognised this time around in a good initiative by the Association.

A few clubs are after new playing/non playing coaches for next season. Mount, Willy, Noble.Any updates? I believe Moorabbin are into Nick Jewell, but it would take a lot to get him away from the Peninsula.

A few clubs are after new playing/non playing coaches for next season. Mount, Willy, Noble.Any updates? I believe Moorabbin are into Nick Jewell, but it would take a lot to get him away from the Peninsula.
Is that right? Wow what a signing that would be, at least he'd be good for a culture rebuild down at the Binners..... Plenty Valley might have lost a few, not sure on names though, surely Caulfield will look to go to the well again in search of premership glory?

I saw that Caulfield appointed Webster as coach, so I would assume that Dorey will continue to fly-in when he's available. Not sure that they would need to go to the well. They have a very strong list and would be disappointed not to have done better. There nemesis Malvern got them again by beating the Oaks in the 1st final.

I saw that Caulfield appointed Webster as coach, so I would assume that Dorey will continue to fly-in when he's available. Not sure that they would need to go to the well. They have a very strong list and would be disappointed not to have done better. There nemesis Malvern got them again by beating the Oaks in the 1st final.
Malvern does seen to have a habit of screwing Caulfield...

I would have thought based on the lopsided results of the past few years that Premier is currently 4 or so teams too many, adding 2 would dilute the talent pool even further.
Also have to wonder what this would do to all the ex Premier players at Werribee and Plenty Valley, surely the reason they joined Subbies clubs was to step down from Premier Cricket? Would the likes of Dean and O'Brien or Sheedy and Jaensch be going with their clubs to Premier if it happens?

It's very interesting. Add to the possibility of Kingston Saints merging with Hawthorn. If all this goes through, wonder how this will flow on to Subbies.

If subbies lose 2,3 or 4 teams over the next couple of years, where will they get replacement teams from if CV grand plans come to fruition? Will make it harder for subbies to stand alone if the other comps commit to CV.

Back