Subbies Thread

How would I know. They are an ageing side. All will be 1 in 3 or 4 years. Bentleigh would be a better fit in the mean time
Not to mention that either a side will need to drop out of subbies or 3 others need to come into the other 3 groups. Unlikely

Not to mention that either a side will need to drop out of subbies or 3 others need to come into the other 3 groups. Unlikely

It's been a little quiet on the RPB front of late - not sure what the update is on them. But if they leave then there's a spot available. And doesn't have to be from the West - can be another re-jig of the divisions. Although I still maintain moving Balwyn to the East while leaving Kew in the North (when they're literally next door to each other) doesn't make a whole heap of sense.

Interesting times.

It's been a little quiet on the RPB front of late - not sure what the update is on them. But if they leave then there's a spot available. And doesn't have to be from the West - can be another re-jig of the divisions. Although I still maintain moving Balwyn to the East while leaving Kew in the North (when they're literally next door to each other) doesn't make a whole heap of sense.

Interesting times.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 13th April meeting asks all clubs to continue to commit to the subbies in which case the RPB situation may become known.

Sunshine would be the most likely to drop out. It doesn't sound like subbies will push them out the door but you would think that the club themselves must be considering their position.

Sunshine would be the most likely to drop out. It doesn't sound like subbies will push them out the door but you would think that the club themselves must be considering their position.

A few weeks ago, there was talkover here of the subbies executive having encouraged Sunshine to consider a merger with Yarraville. On the hand,

A few weeks ago there were rumours circulating over here of, first, Sunshine and Sunshine Heights merging and, second, that Sunshine had been encouraged by the subbies executive to consider merging with Yarraville. I have already posted that both Heights and Sunshine refuted any suggestion they were interested in merging and, also, that Sunshine's president told me he had recently submitted to the subbies executive the club's 3 year business plan. That doesn't sound like the action of a club considering a merger. In any event, what would Sunshine bring to the table in respect to a merger with another subbies club?

Will be interesting to see if Tom Stray goes to Bayswater with fellow former Ringwood captains in Osborne and Flynn. Here's hoping he does!

Rummans in Subbies could be nightmarish for bowlers!

No news on the Mitch Johnston front. Looks like most Subbies clubs out in the west have coaches locked away so may have to look elsewhere.

Back