Subbies Thread

The subbies have benefitted from the removal of the dividend because it removed the shackles caused by it. It will now be stronger than ever arising from the clubs replacing Sunshine and RP Broady (together with the the inclusion of Hoppers in replacement of the Sainters). The recent entrants to the subbies are clubs that have never relied on CV hand-outs. Moreover, it was their decision to seek entry to the Subbies knowing the dividend had been phased out.
The cricket community correctly recognises the subbies is the second tier in terms of standards as is evidenced by the quality clubs who have sought entry. CV is at risk of making itself appear foolish and petty.

Great idea about the T20 being a proper fixture. It's an excellent opportunity for the lower grades to play on main grounds also and for clubs to make a huge day of it.

Paul Amy reported that Brighton are talking to Darren Pattinson, that would be a reasonable opening pair if he teamed up with Rushworth.

Great to see the caliber of recruits in the subbies getting stronger and stronger each year.

Box Hill prominent with Lampard and Pearson and Rummans of course at Caulfield topped off with Plenty Valley and Kew's overseas acquisitions, exciting times.

Taylors Lakes to replace Sunshine. Means one Brimbank-based club is replaced by another but that, I suggest, is where the resemblence ends.

Paul Amy reported that Brighton are talking to Darren Pattinson, that would be a reasonable opening pair if he teamed up with Rushworth.

Great to see the caliber of recruits in the subbies getting stronger and stronger each year.

Box Hill prominent with Lampard and Pearson and Rummans of course at Caulfield topped off with Plenty Valley and Kew's overseas acquisitions, exciting times.
Be interesting to see what happens with Pattinson, Amy's said he will be playing for Dandy the past two seasons at this time of year but it's never eventuated.

Be interesting to see what happens with Pattinson, Amy's said he will be playing for Dandy the past two seasons at this time of year but it's never eventuated.

I'd doubt very much that Pattinson would go to Brighton seeing the rumour is that they will not have their ground available for the first 10 to 12 weeks of the season. Spent over a Mill to fix the ground up and its now a pigs stye. The drainage has to be completely be done again, what a debacle.

Taylors Lakes to replace Sunshine. Means one Brimbank-based club is replaced by another but that, I suggest, is where the resemblence ends.

Where it does it say Taylors Lakes has officially replaced Sunshine in the sub-district competition as I can't find anywhere about it atm at all is this just a rumour or is it 100% confirmed and correct anyone got the link to it.

Where it does it say Taylors Lakes has officially replaced Sunshine in the sub-district competition as I can't find anywhere about it atm at all is this just a rumour or is it 100% confirmed and correct anyone got the link to it.

Can't find a public announcement but Taylors Lakes have announced an EGM, pretty sure the agenda will be to vote on a move to Subbies

Back