Subbies Thread

I see a lad named Rory Freeman made 172 n.o for Ormond v Caulfield yesterday carrying his bat,thats some performance from a probable 14y.o!
That's the highest individual total i can recall in this comp,anyone have records/or where this lad plays?

I see a lad named Rory Freeman made 172 n.o for Ormond v Caulfield yesterday carrying his bat,thats some performance from a probable 14y.o!
That's the highest individual total i can recall in this comp,anyone have records/or where this lad plays?

Yep, certainly highest I can recall as well, Rory plays at Kingston Heath CC, and also made 72 the day before in the Craig comp.

Rory Freeman

According to the twitter updates Ormond were on 90 at the halfway mark of the innings, then went on to compile 273!

Not to be outdone by Oakleigh's signing of Herrick, Plenty Valley have signed James Seymour. Expect Caulfield to follow suit and pickup Simon Katich for the remainder of the season.

Not to be outdone by Oakleigh's signing of Herrick, Plenty Valley have signed James Seymour. Expect Caulfield to follow suit and pickup Simon Katich for the remainder of the season.

Had one good year in premier cricket which was last year but struggled at Essendon averaging under 24 and has not made a score above 40 this year playing grade cricket in Tasmania.

Still no Herrick for oakleigh,must be injured?,don't see how Katich could play,he's ops manager at GWS coming into a busy time.
I hear Herrick has had a problematic foot injury since early season down in Tas, from what I hear we will be lucky to see him at full tilt with the ball this season and will be doing most of his work with the bat for Oakleigh

Herrick's struggled for fitness most of his time down in Tasmania.

Seems weird of Seymour to head down to Tassie to have a proper crack at it, and then head to Subbies on return. They can't be all that happy with Damien Wright down there, taken Freitag and Seymour off their hands for no return.

St Bernard's gave Oakleigh a good run on the weekend, any report on how Oakleigh's star recruit went?

St Bernard's were 6/215 chasing 239 with plenty of overs in hand but Oakleigh's experienced bowling line up came up with the goods again.

10 off 8 and 0/25 off 9 for Herrick. You'd expect his bowlers loads to increase game by game towards finals.

The other big recruit at Christmas in Seymour at Plenty Valley has two starts now, won't be long before he posts a big score.

Big win by Plenty Valley over Caulfield, definitely helped having Rummans run out at the bowlers end of the bowlers hand for 25 when the score was 3/99 on Day 1. They have beaten Oakleigh and Caulfield in their last two starts, looking ominous!

Well done to the Brighton boys on winning the T20. For varying reasons not having Rushworth, Anderson, Finch, Alleyne and Cooray available it was a very resilient effort. Super guest player in Mc Nally. Building for the 175 celebrations next year.

Congratulations Brighton CC, who join Melton, Plenty Valley & Oakleigh as the only winners in the 8 year history of this competition. Sounded like some type of final, especially with the Semi-Finals so close as well.

In the Pennant comp, only two rounds to go, and probably 8 teams in both groups still holding hope of qualifying. The top two in both are probably reasonably safe, but plenty of jostling for position for that vital home ground advantage in the QF.

Probably 4 clubs in the EW and 3 in the NS outside the top 8 who would have expected to play finals this season, so a very disappointing result for them. Especially Yarraville with the amazing year Matt Love has had (is having), a couple of finals could have seen him break the 1,000 run barrier. Although the way he's going might do it in the H&A season anyway.

Last edited:
Well done to the Brighton boys on winning the T20. For varying reasons not having Rushworth, Anderson, Finch, Alleyne and Cooray available it was a very resilient effort. Super guest player in Mc Nally. Building for the 175 celebrations next year.

Any particular reason Finch isn't currently playing? Is he injured or is there something more to it?

Can anyone confirm the finals make up this season?
Is it still 1 v 6, 2 v 5, 3 v 4 or do 1 and 2 have the 1st week off.

Still as per previous seasons, two lowest placed losers are knocked out in week one. Seedings revert to ladder position after wins are factored in.

eg:
1 def 6
2 def 5
4 def 3

Semi Finals
1 vs 3
2 vs 4

Back