Subbies Thread

Caulfield and Plenty are both very good Cricket teams and this will be an outstanding contest.
I'm tipping Caulfield to turn the tables on Plenty this time around. On the previous occasion Harrison, Loughman and Van de Maat didn't play and Graf wasn't able to bowl. Think that will make the difference.

Balwyn and Altona is too had to pick a clear winner especially considering a heap of major collapses on that Gordon Barnard wicket this season.

Agree on all except NS 1'S- The difference between Caulfield's best players and worst players is too big, PV a lot more even across the board. Don't discount the A's, lots of good slow bowling options!

Caulfield and Plenty are both very good Cricket teams and this will be an outstanding contest.
I'm tipping Caulfield to turn the tables on Plenty this time around. On the previous occasion Harrison, Loughman and Van de Maat didn't play and Graf wasn't able to bowl. Think that will make the difference.

Balwyn and Altona is too had to pick a clear winner especially considering a heap of major collapses on that Gordon Barnard wicket this season.

Some good analysis here and this promises to be one of the better GF's in recent memory. What could get Caulfield across the line is the quality at the top end. Players like Thorne and Rummans can carry the lesser lights in the team, as was shown on the weekend. If they can bat first and post a reasonable score and get Seymour early, they are home and hosed.

Well done to Caulfield, emphatic victory. Think it was a popular one, bats haven't won any friends with how they have handled themselves over the finals. They've been a bit ahead of themselves, had their fair share of good luck, still couldn't get it done.

Any mail on retirements? Ayres? Rummans? A Warren? Pinwill? Bird?

Some good analysis here and this promises to be one of the better GF's in recent memory. What could get Caulfield across the line is the quality at the top end. Players like Thorne and Rummans can carry the lesser lights in the team, as was shown on the weekend. If they can bat first and post a reasonable score and get Seymour early, they are home and hosed.
Prophetic

Congrats to Caulfield. Anyone else heard about the possibility of a points system being brought in? Might be a cause for concern for some clubs

It will be when they all fall in to regional cricket.

CV needs Subbies Clubs more than Subbies needs their stupidly designed comp. South Caulfield and Yarraville Club win their respective minor league comps easy and will keep on doing so until those leagues get proper depth. I hope Subbies do bring in points and hope they tell CV where to jam their stupid comps.

CV needs Subbies Clubs more than Subbies needs their stupidly designed comp. South Caulfield and Yarraville Club win their respective minor league comps easy and will keep on doing so until those leagues get proper depth. I hope Subbies do bring in points and hope they tell CV where to jam their stupid comps.
Both those clubs would smash most Clubbies and both are under a points system. Try it.

The result on the weekend serves PV right. It's karma. The way they carry on, speak to the opposition, umpires is nothing short of disgraceful. From leaders of their side as well.

As I said, it's disgraceful really and there's no wonder every other club in the competition hates them.

They need to take note of the quality clubs of the competition such as Caulfield and Oakleigh, who let their cricket do the talking.

The result on the weekend serves PV right. It's karma. The way they carry on, speak to the opposition, umpires is nothing short of disgraceful. From leaders of their side as well.

As I said, it's disgraceful really and there's no wonder every other club in the competition hates them.

They need to take note of the quality clubs of the competition such as Caulfield and Oakleigh, who let their cricket do the talking.

Congratulations to Caulfield and Balwyn - two clubs that have managed to climb the mountain that we all wish to. Have heard that there was a bit of bite in the game on Sunday at Watsonia with PV carrying on as always. What an absolutely dismal performance with the bat. Karma bus - tickets please.

I like the points system, think it is way better than the rubbish cap that is currently in place. I look forward to both those clubs joining Subbies and seeing how they go!

We have always been in agreement on this matter. It does bring transparency, but it does not level the playing field between the ''have" and "have nots" within each division as only the "haves" can consistently afford to be up to the maximum points allocation.

Congratulations to Caulfield and Balwyn - two clubs that have managed to climb the mountain that we all wish to. Have heard that there was a bit of bite in the game on Sunday at Watsonia with PV carrying on as always. What an absolutely dismal performance with the bat. Karma bus - tickets please.

Funny. I spoke to the Caulfield coach and he said the game was played in good spirits. Believe what you will.

Who are you thinking? Ayres would have to be close to retiring. Seymour would have most premier clubs after him too.
Cannot see Seymour at PV next year at his age and with previous desire for higher honors. The only thing keeping him there would be if he has completely given up on the dream.
As for others, Tsonas is one that comes to mind that could play at a higher level. Not sure if he has in the past or not?
The GF result shows they're still a fair way from it, particularly with their current leadership make up.
Ayres and Robinson depending on individual circumstances. Let's hope we haven't seen the last of Ayres!

Back