Subbies Thread

Ha! You reckon Balwyn didn't want him as just a player? Something's not right there. Interesting seeing a few 4 point players moving around.

Agree. Read the news reports on twitter and none of it makes sense. Makes it hard to get a replacement now. Balwyn would be pi55ed.

He lives a lot closer to Brunswick than Balwyn so that also played a major factor. Young family, reduced commitment & closer to home makes sense to me.

Great get for the Wicks though.

Balwyn would be filthy. Has been mentioned but there's something more here. I'm sure Balwyn would have loved to retain him as captain, and then aid him in training to maybe once a week to facilitate his family situation? As I said, $omething else is behind this. Great get for the wicks but disastrous for Balwyn already needing to cover the loss of Fitzpatrick's move to Premier.

Caulfield picked up a couple and retained most?

Caulfield splattered social media about Baldry returning, increases their standing as the best batting side in the comp.

Had it confirmed Friday night that King is back from a year in the southern bayside comp. Seems they benefited from the federal budget announcement down at caulfield park!

Balwyn would be filthy. Has been mentioned but there's something more here. I'm sure Balwyn would have loved to retain him as captain, and then aid him in training to maybe once a week to facilitate his family situation? As I said, $omething else is behind this. Great get for the wicks but disastrous for Balwyn already needing to cover the loss of Fitzpatrick's move to Premier.

Caulfield splattered social media about Baldry returning, increases their standing as the best batting side in the comp.

Had it confirmed Friday night that King is back from a year in the southern bayside comp. Seems they benefited from the federal budget announcement down at caulfield park!

I'm not sure if that's the case as King signed at Bentleigh for 3 seasons.

King and Baldry are 2 huge pick ups for a team that has just won a flag. Caulfield wicket has been faster with more bounce the past 2 years so I'd expect King to be a menace.
Be interesting to see if Graf goes back to St Kilda now he can bowl again.

Brunswick obviously the other big winners at this early stage.

Can confirm also, a big boost for their bowling lineup. Last 3 Australian seasons have yielded 128 wickets at 11. Should take some overs off the reigning Val Holten Medalist

Not sure how much of this is true but have heard a whisper that the Val Holten Medalist could be heading back to a premier cluib.

Summary of winners and losers thus far in the off-season:

Big Winners: Caulfield & Brunswick
Winners: Malvern & Kew
Pass mark: PVCC & Brighton
Losers: Croydon, Coburg, Altona & Elsternwick
Big Losers: Balwyn

Some great teams getting even better, but also some good teams getting worse. Should be another great season next year and hopefully some more movements to come in the coming months

Summary of winners and losers thus far in the off-season:

Big Winners: Caulfield & Brunswick
Winners: Malvern & Kew
Pass mark: PVCC & Brighton
Losers: Croydon, Coburg, Altona & Elsternwick
Big Losers: Balwyn

Some great teams getting even better, but also some good teams getting worse. Should be another great season next year and hopefully some more movements to come in the coming months

Fair summary. Will be interesting to see who has points to burn and who is tight. Not sure really which clubs are in a good position to recruit with their 20 points.

can someone shed some light as to why a player who played 1st class cricket last year would warrant 5 points which would be the same for a 1st grade district player?

Just doesn't make sense.

can someone shed some light as to why a player who played 1st class cricket last year would warrant 5 points which would be the same for a 1st grade district player?

Just doesn't make sense.
Excuse my ignorance. Have I missed something big here? Points system in 17/18 or is it a proposal? Anyone got a link

Back