Subbies Thread

Mate of mine has played there from juniors and says theres no president, 10+ players leaving due to issues with captain coach, no pre season organised etc.

Agreed. Maybe csb is best for them

I am always saddened to hear of clubs struggling to survive. If they cannot continue in the subbies, are there any clubs, say, in CSB or elsewhere that could replace them?

Agree it's disappointing to hear they are struggling, but who would have thought appoint Romain Grenville would come back to bite them! Would have better off investing their $$$ in an ambitious young coach in development phase who could have grown with the young group they have. Ideally someone with exposure to a good culture at their previous club(s). Appointing Romain was short term thinking and the outcome was 99% pre-determined before the ink was dry. Where is Saliya at? Presume he has moved on?

Only Club capble of playing in the subbies and holding they own would be south Caulfield but won't leave the CSB

I did think of Strathmore but following the subbies announcing (in late April I think), its intention not to seek to increase the number of clubs for 2019-20 it recommitted to the VTCA. So I have ruled it out as a possible replacement.

So the question is can there find 2 grounds to play at as atm there is no grounds available in Kingston and Glen Eira to play at .
Well good luck in your search to find 2 grounds and who knows what the future holds maybe you can end up a middle of the road club in Subbies Just like your club is in Premier Cricket .

Mercenaries gotta love them that's why cricket in the suburbs in all Associations is ruined by players that chase the coin and play Russian Roulette with clubs future.

Mercenaries gotta love them that's why cricket in the suburbs in all Associations is ruined by players that chase the coin and play Russian Roulette with clubs future.
A bit dramatic there old mate Long, '' cricket in all associations ruined '', give us some examples. Most clubs that are run well will survive so not sure what you're on about ?

Kingston Hawks seem to be building with the appointment of a new International coach, but the requirement for two grounds may make it unlikely for their admission.
Forget the subbies, they will be in the bayside comp playing in the lower grades next year if they manage to survive as a club most their players will leave if they’re not in premier and 80% of their list would be under 18 I suspect they will start in bayside league 4

Moorabbin got 3 at the first session, 5 at the next and cancelled the session after. They're ************. Merge em with kingston hawthorn maybe make the most of moorabbins juniors lol
So what would be the name Kingston Moorabbin Saints?
Play at Moorleigh?
How may teams 1,2,3,4?
If not Premier or Subbies maybe CSB and if the talent pool out of both clubs are gone maybe the MCA an alternative for a couple years until talent from juniors comes up then maybe back to the CSB

Back