Subbies Thread

Just hope Premier Andrews doesn’t get pressured into allowing Local Football Competitions or Soccer Competitions Into playing they sports at all levels into late October early November as that will be just another kick into the guts of Cricket by winter groups as seasons won’t start to mid December or January and for this Bulls
I can see if this happens a lot of clubs could die or having to go into recess for a season or 2 with the strong clubs surviving only.
I just hope cricket in general can survive this especially Turf Clubs in all associations as knowing councils they would love to pull up Turf grounds and replace them with synthetic and after hearing what councils what to do with the rates you can see them using this as an excuse to do this to cricket.
As for the higher authority figures in Cricket Australia and Cricket Victoria they don’t give a rats a(se about local cricket as long as there ok.
Maybe it’s time in Victoria to form a Cricket Party to put things right for all cricket in this state maybe run candidates at state and federal elections.

Just hope Premier Andrews doesn’t get pressured into allowing Local Football Competitions or Soccer Competitions Into playing they sports at all levels into late October early November as that will be just another kick into the guts of Cricket by winter groups as seasons won’t start to mid December or January and for this Bulls
I can see if this happens a lot of clubs could die or having to go into recess for a season or 2 with the strong clubs surviving only.
I just hope cricket in general can survive this especially Turf Clubs in all associations as knowing councils they would love to pull up Turf grounds and replace them with synthetic and after hearing what councils what to do with the rates you can see them using this as an excuse to do this to cricket.
As for the higher authority figures in Cricket Australia and Cricket Victoria they don’t give a rats a(se about local cricket as long as there ok.
Maybe it’s time in Victoria to form a Cricket Party to put things right for all cricket in this state maybe run candidates at state and federal elections.

Under the circumstances I think working with the AFL and giving them some weeks in October is the fair thing to do.
Cricket could start on Saturday October 31 (Derby day) and play a couple of Sundays in November to catch up the fixture.
We could ask for no play on turf wickets from mid September onwards, which would give curators 6 weeks to prepare pitches for round 1

Under the circumstances I think working with the AFL and giving them some weeks in October is the fair thing to do.
Cricket could start on Saturday October 31 (Derby day) and play a couple of Sundays in November to catch up the fixture.
We could ask for no play on turf wickets from mid September onwards, which would give curators 6 weeks to prepare pitches for round 1
31st of October has been touted as AFL Grand Final Day cricket on that day won’t happen .
Now yes Turf Curators need 6 weeks time get wickets and tables right now that’s not going to happen if best curators will get about 2 weeks if there lucky as Football League's will want nice grounds to play finals on which most have Turf grounds on them.
So if Local Football gets it way AGAIN councils won’t sign off on grounds for play to there are ready which means Turf clubs will be pissed off with no play because of Football running the show.

31st of October has been touted as AFL Grand Final Day cricket on that day won’t happen .
Now yes Turf Curators need 6 weeks time get wickets and tables right now that’s not going to happen if best curators will get about 2 weeks if there lucky as Football League's will want nice grounds to play finals on which most have Turf grounds on them.
So if Local Football gets it way AGAIN councils won’t sign off on grounds for play to there are ready which means Turf clubs will be pissed off with no play because of Football running the show.

There is a chance of limited crowds for local footy, so the need to play their finals on ovals with turf wickets many be diminished.
I think we need to be open minded and maybe we start the season with 4 one day games on back to back Saturdays and Sundays
November 7,8,14 and 15.

Pre Christmas could be all one day games and post Christmas could be 2 day games?

Given cricket was largely unaffected outside of end of finals, I don't have an issue starting later or playing a more limited season as a one-off. I'm not involved in any footy but feel it's the fairest thing to do.

You don't know that , your hate for cricket Admin is well known , don't worry about that . As for your stomping ground in Glen Eira the new Parks people are all for turf wickets .

Given cricket was largely unaffected outside of end of finals, I don't have an issue starting later or playing a more limited season as a one-off. I'm not involved in any footy but feel it's the fairest thing to do.
The fairest thing to do ha this won’t be a once off trust me it well known football clubs bully cricket clubs so if you get local football going again they will be pushing for early starts to pre season training on to cricket grounds in cricket season .
Put it this way if Corona Virus came in let’s say November for example and say disappeared in late February do you think Local Football would turn around and say you guys finish your seasons in late April I don’t think so.
Football cares for itself it doesn’t care for cricket.

You don't know that , your hate for cricket Admin is well known , don't worry about that . As for your stomping ground in Glen Eira the new Parks people are all for turf wickets .
Well that’s nice to know about that council but that’s 1 council what about other councils if you read the newspaper and watch the TV this week councils are crying poor if they can make sacrifices they will I hope cricket is not one of them especially Turf grounds I know Melbourne council have lost Turf grounds due to the new metro rail.
I don’t want see anymore Turf grounds lost whether its Glen Eira,Monash,Dandenong or Stonnington that’s why maybe they should be a Cricket Party as Cricket Australia/Victoria don’t give a stuff about Local Cricket.

The fairest thing to do ha this won’t be a once off trust me it well known football clubs bully cricket clubs so if you get local football going again they will be pushing for early starts to pre season training on to cricket grounds in cricket season .
Put it this way if Corona Virus came in let’s say November for example and say disappeared in late February do you think Local Football would turn around and say you guys finish your seasons in late April I don’t think so.
Football cares for itself it doesn’t care for cricket.

You summed it up perfectly

Well at least you know champ you give football a mile they will take 100 miles.
Hopefully once this virus is over cricket in general whether it’s Turf or Synthetic are treated as equals by winter sports and councils they is room for everyone but still think cricket party would be a way to go to have a better say in things .

Maybe some councils are harder to deal with than others.

Correct , but he has a beef with Glen Eira.
I’m a lover of cricket at all levels I have a beef with winter sports who treat cricketers and there clubs like shit and councils who do nothing about it’s not cricketers that run up and down the grounds in the pissing rain and destroy the grounds whether it’s game day or a training session.
It’s 2020 not 1985 anymore just treat everybody the same play no favourites like some councils do.

I’m a lover of cricket at all levels I have a beef with winter sports who treat cricketers and there clubs like shit and councils who do nothing about it’s not cricketers that run up and down the grounds in the pissing rain and destroy the grounds whether it’s game day or a training session.
It’s 2020 not 1985 anymore just treat everybody the same play no favourites like some councils do.
And CARNEGIE CC

Is there a law anywhere that we can refer to i am sure footy clubs cant just barge in in october

Yeah there is State Government Sports Minister Determination that covers change of seasons for Cricket & AFL. 30/09 & 31/03 Annually as changeover.
Apparently the State Government has the stamp ready to adjust the coming season dates to 31/10 to allow the football season to attempt a season. Apparently this has been approved and accepted by CA/CV & AFL under a heads of agreement MOU for the COVID-19 pandemic.

Attachments

• CV-AFLV-Determination-of-Seasons-2019.pdf
    194.1 KB · Views: 12
Given there is neither treatment nor vaccine in the time-frame covered in recent posts, it is highly likely there will be outbreaks of the virus. Some of the participants in sport may work in essential service occupations that place them at greater risk of contracting the virus. A local football club in my area has, for example, players who work in the meat processing industry.

Yeah there is State Government Sports Minister Determination that covers change of seasons for Cricket & AFL. 30/09 & 31/03 Annually as changeover.
Apparently the State Government has the stamp ready to adjust the coming season dates to 31/10 to allow the football season to attempt a season. Apparently this has been approved and accepted by CA/CV & AFL under a heads of agreement MOU for the COVID-19 pandemic.
You are correct

Back