Subbies Thread

Just noticed on the Subbies website that Williamstown are playing away every week and found out that the ground is being re-done again. One has to ask the question as to why whatever they are doing didn't start when the VFL season was cancelled about three months ago. Pretty poor form from either the council or the footy club or both and forcing the cricket club off THEIR ground for the second time in recent memory.

Last edited:
Good luck to all involved tomorrow as the season kicks off. After everything everybody has been through this year it is good to just see the lads getting out there and giving their best. Privileged to sit back and watch a live game of sport for a change. Cannot wait.

One round gone. Endeavour Hills and Moorabbin gone. Oakleigh, Caulfield , Ormond and Noble Park probable finalists. Brighton and Malvern look to have improved. Elsternwick and Croydon will struggle. Hard to assess some of the east teams. EARLY CALL - finalists - Oakleigh, Caulfield, Ormond, Noble Park, Brighton and Malvern.

Moorabbin bowled out for 39
Are the alarm bells already ringing for the CSB
Only Round 1 but if this the start for them getting thrashed like this what’s Caulfield and Oakleigh going to do to them.

Oh dear,the annual Moorabbin bash is on again is it,last year you had them playing Mercantile and correct me if i'm wrong i reckon they played finals?,Aristotle once said "one swallow does not a summer make"
In North/West it seems Kew would be into very short odds with the unreal side they've assembled,Brown,Hastings,Sheridan,Weekes,Wildsmith,the Chalkleys and an excellent keeper in Chamberlain,the usual suspects,Willy,Werribee and perhaps St Bernards the likely challengers.

Oh dear,the annual Moorabbin bash is on again is it,last year you had them playing Mercantile and correct me if i'm wrong i reckon they played finals?,Aristotle once said "one swallow does not a summer make"
In North/West it seems Kew would be into very short odds with the unreal side they've assembled,Brown,Hastings,Sheridan,Weekes,Wildsmith,the Chalkleys and an excellent keeper in Chamberlain,the usual suspects,Willy,Werribee and perhaps St Bernards the likely challengers.
I'd rather a wheely bin than have chamberlain, loud mouth cockhead that makes an ass of himself every time he goes up to the stumps.

I respectfully suggest it is more likely "one swallow does not a summer make" will turn out to be last season's relative success given they have been a consistent underperformer which, of course, accounts for the "annual Moorabbin bash". I hope to be proven wrong. I have both sympathy for clubs struggling to be competitive in a competition that does not have the critical mass to permit a promotion and relegation system, and concern that it can be a significant contributing factor towards a club's well-intentioned volunteers giving up the struggle to remain competitive placing the club at risk of folding up.
I had hoped the player points system would have aided the evening out of the competition, but I fail to see it has. If anything, it has placed additional strain on clubs to attract and retain players in the face of competition from cashed up clubs.

Certainly looks like everyones playing for 2nd in N/W,with Kews' side ,how do they get it under 20 points seeing its crammed with 1st class and premier players?,makes a mockery of the system if they can,could someone do an analysis?

Has anyone heard this rumour that I heard that Glen Eira Council maybe culling up to 6 Turf wicket tables over the next 2 years as I was told it’s costing more $$$ for the council to maintain the upkeep then the clubs put in.
Just hope this is a rumour as this could destroy Turf cricket in Glen Eira but Turf cricket across the state as if 1 council does this others councils will follow.
I wounder if the VSDCA,CSB,MCA and MCC ClubX1 competitions know about this?

Back