Subbies Thread

Has anyone heard this rumour that I heard that Glen Eira Council maybe culling up to 6 Turf wicket tables over the next 2 years as I was told it’s costing more $$$ for the council to maintain the upkeep then the clubs put in.
Just hope this is a rumour as this could destroy Turf cricket in Glen Eira but Turf cricket across the state as if 1 council does this others councils will follow.
I wounder if the VSDCA,CSB,MCA and MCC ClubX1 competitions know about this?
I asked a curator in the Monash area and he had not heard anything about it. He thought they might hand them back to the clubs to look after if that was the case and also seemed to think Caufield and Ormond would be safe.

I asked a curator in the Monash area and he had not heard anything about it. He thought they might hand them back to the clubs to look after if that was the case and also seemed to think Caufield and Ormond would be safe.
Might be the case with Caulfield and Ormond but remember Moorabbin is also in the sub district but if Glen Eira does this the above clubs may not have a say in it .
But you would be crazy to get rid of Turf grounds but if they did the grounds that 3rd+4th X1 and lower X1 that play on could go and keep the Turf grounds for 1st+2nds only.
Let’s hope this just a rumour.

Might be the case with Caulfield and Ormond but remember Moorabbin is also in the sub district but if Glen Eira does this the above clubs may not have a say in it .
But you would be crazy to get rid of Turf grounds but if they did the grounds that 3rd+4th X1 and lower X1 that play on could go and keep the Turf grounds for 1st+2nds only.
Let’s hope this just a rumour.
What a waste of time , what's your source

Has anyone heard this rumour that I heard that Glen Eira Council maybe culling up to 6 Turf wicket tables over the next 2 years as I was told it’s costing more $$$ for the council to maintain the upkeep then the clubs put in.
Just hope this is a rumour as this could destroy Turf cricket in Glen Eira but Turf cricket across the state as if 1 council does this others councils will follow.
I wounder if the VSDCA,CSB,MCA and MCC ClubX1 competitions know about this?
I think it more likely Council may be considering handing over responsibility for pitch preparation to the clubs rather than "culling" them. In an endeavour to ease alarm, I advise that all of the pitches handed over to clubs over here are still in use. It is not the end of the world! However, I think clubs should expect Council to provide them with the rollers and cylinder mowers and storage facilities. This has been the experience over here.

I have a feeling Caufield and Ormond already prepare their own wickets. But you are correct...if it happened there would be a roll on effect across other councils. I think clubs would come to some sort of agreement to purchase equipment off the councils.

I have a feeling Caufield and Ormond already prepare their own wickets. But you are correct...if it happened there would be a roll on effect across other councils. I think clubs would come to some sort of agreement to purchase equipment off the councils.
Both council curated , the only one in GE that's not is Carnegie

Damiano with his 20th century. Athulathmudali, the pro for Noble Park hits long bombs....one nearly cleared the clubrooms and almost landed in the pokies car park at NP,on the full against Mount this weekend.

One round gone. Endeavour Hills and Moorabbin gone. Oakleigh, Caulfield , Ormond and Noble Park probable finalists. Brighton and Malvern look to have improved. Elsternwick and Croydon will struggle. Hard to assess some of the east teams. EARLY CALL - finalists - Oakleigh, Caulfield, Ormond, Noble Park, Brighton and Malvern.
Not bad effort to call this in November. All top 6 correct except Box Hill takes Noble parks spot in final 6, still just one game out.

They’ve relied heavily on their imports and with no access to them this year are really struggling,their player numbers seem healthy and always have lots of supporters around so they might improve in the future.

They’ve relied heavily on their imports and with no access to them this year are really struggling,their player numbers seem healthy and always have lots of supporters around so they might improve in the future.
Too many clubs and wanting to add more which will only dilute the standard once again

From memory they left VTCA without getting through to the top 1-2 grades, so was always going to be a stretch
My recollection is that, as well as not having made the Senior Division, the subbies were desperate to replace Sunshine. Please regard the following as hearsay only, but I have been told the club, surprise, surprise, had a strained relationship with the VTCA's admin. By the start of next season, the vaccine will still not have been fully rolled out so I have my doubts Australia will by then have re-opened its borders to other than returning citizens.
Clubs having had an over-reliance on ''imports'' may have to endure another season without them.

My recollection is that, as well as not having made the Senior Division, the subbies were desperate to replace Sunshine. Please regard the following as hearsay only, but I have been told the club, surprise, surprise, had a strained relationship with the VTCA's admin. By the start of next season, the vaccine will still not have been fully rolled out so I have my doubts Australia will by then have re-opened its borders to other than returning citizens.
Clubs having had an over-reliance on ''imports'' may have to endure another season without them.
Tell me which clubs haven't had an issue with the admin in the last 5 years . This is the standard of club that will come in . They want Port Melb , a club that can't beat other teams 2nds ! .

Tell me which clubs haven't had an issue with the admin in the last 5 years . This is the standard of club that will come in . They want Port Melb , a club that can't beat other teams 2nds ! .
Well Port Melbourne are 2nd on the Ladder in CSB Division 2 grade but the reason iv been told they where re admitted to Sub District was there strong Administration,Junior Development program and there 2 grounds that are better then some of the current Sub District clubs.
But will take at least a decade to be competitive and strong until then they could be the new Moorabbin.
But good luck to them if there lucky Clayton might implode in the Grand Final against them if there lucky but doubt it.
Clayton deserves to win the flag especially with Jak Jowlett in the team and him hitting a ton on the weekend apparently it was a Masterclass against Parkdale United

Back