Subbies Thread

Kew would want to win this week or they will be known as the strongest CHOKERS

Kew would have to go in as raging favourites; and it would be a massive upset were they to lose. However stranger things have happened. Strathmore have done remarkably well to reach the grand final in their first season in subbies. Their team is almost precisely the same one as that which competed in the VTCA in 20/21. No big name recruits at all.

Last edited:
Kew would have to go in as raging favourites; and it would be a massive upset were they to lose. However stranger things have happened. Strathmore have done remarkably well to reach the grand final in their first season in subbies. Their team is almost precisely the same one as that which competed in the VTCA in 20/21. No big name recruits at all.
Might be a true reflection

Well my be starting 2 day cricket in the October as grounds and wickets need to done and prepared and considering some football comps are going well into the 3rd week of September

A lot of the councils have moved to couch on their decks (and outfields as it is drought resistant) and it needs heat to get going. The seasons have changed down South and it is cold until November. Interrupted starts to the turf comps is now the norm. Cricket needs to start much later (about a month) in my opinion and footy finish later. This would be a massive change and I can't see it happening but it needs to.

Back