Test XI Selection Thread

The way Starc has been bowling, I'd put him in the side again along with Siddle and Pattinson. As far as spinners, is Haurittz back playing? Lyon would get the first spot anyway for me.

Hauritz is back playing and has switched back to his home state of Queensland. Has been so-so at the moment and was a bit unlucky in the recent one-day match.

Hauritz is back playing and has switched back to his home state of Queensland. Has been so-so at the moment and was a bit unlucky in the recent one-day match.

Okay, it will be interesting to see if he regains form. It'd be a good thing for Australian cricket if Lyon was put under a bit of pressure for his spot.

So the team for the GABBA has been announced.

Warner, Cowan, Watson, Ponting, Clarke (capt), Hussey, Wade, Siddle, Pattinson, Starc, Hilfenhaus, Lyon.

No surprises there, one would think that Lyon should play so the only question will probably be is which quick misses out.

So the team for the GABBA has been announced.

Warner, Cowan, Watson, Ponting, Clarke (capt), Hussey, Wade, Siddle, Pattinson, Starc, Hilfenhaus, Lyon.

No surprises there, one would think that Lyon should play so the only question will probably be is which quick misses out.

I guess you'd leave out Starc because of how well Hilfenhaus has done in previous series'. It would be out of those two I think.

Yeah probably, although they may like the idea of having Starc in there as a left arm bowler to add some variety. Australia's fast bowling stocks are very strong at the moment.

Starc to be 12th in my opinion. Hilfenhaus would be very stiff to be dropped as I don't see the other two or Lyon missing out even if it is the Gabba.

I would play Starc before Hilfenhaus because I think he would have more impact on a pace friendly pitch.

Rob Quiney has been named as a standby player for Shane Watson. Rob plays as a left handed opener for Victoria. He made a impressive 85 against South Africa in the Australian A team. He has also been inform in the domestic season.

I would play Starc before Hilfenhaus because I think he would have more impact on a pace friendly pitch.

Rob Quiney has been named as a standby player for Shane Watson. Rob plays as a left handed opener for Victoria. He made a impressive 85 against South Africa in the Australian A team. He has also been inform in the domestic season.

Good to see Quiney getting ago, even if he is ageing. Quite happy for a consistent performer, just goes to show that you should never give up on your dreams.

Good to see Quiney getting ago, even if he is ageing. Quite happy for a consistent performer, just goes to show that you should never give up on your dreams.

RQ, should have been given an opportunity much sooner, however batsmen are at their peak at 30! He has at least 5 years at the top. He just needs to grab his opportunity. If he had played for any other State other than a Victoria I am sure he would have been selected by now.
If Cowan and Warner can play for Australia then JQ is a certainity as his technique is much sounder than Cowan or Warner. Good luck Rob.

Starc took 4 for 72 against Victoria yesterday, if he bowls well again in the 2nd innings you would think that he would be a very good chance to get called up for Adelaide.

I guess they might bat Watson at 3 when he comes back at Perth.
Watson batting at number 3 would be the most likely thing to happen in the next test.

Ricky Ponting is one of the best number 3 batsman in the world when he is in form, sadly he is struggling for form at the moment, otherwise there would of been potential for him to go back up the order and bat at his normal spot.

Starc was in the 13 for this match but they opted to go with Hilfenhaus as the third seamer. Now that Pattinson has injured himself you would think Starc will automatically be playing in Perth and perhaps one other seam bowler if they want to take four quicks in.

If Watson is fit and right to bowl I think they will keep Lyon in there particularly with the way he's been playing in Adelaide.

Quiney is dreadful, surely has to be gone after this game, a nine and two ducks on pitches which have been relatively flat is pretty poor.

So.. Quiney and Pattinson out.

Watson, Johnson, Hastings and Hazelwood into the 14 man squad for Perth.

Guess they might be worried about how Siddle pulls up.

Back