The Covid Menace.

COVID is undoubtedly a menace. In contrast to many of my fellow citizens who don't care about it I don't want to get it. Yesterday the third cohort of the baby-boomers received the green light to register for a vaccination date. That's millions of people aged between 60 and 70.
I'm sitting in front of my PC waiting for being redirected to the website where I can book a vaccination date for me and my wife. Alternatively, I also call a hotline every now and then but all in vain so far.
I managed to book a date for my 90 year old MIL back in January. My elder daughter has already got the jabs and just last night my younger daughter succeeded in getting her dates in May after waiting for one and a half hour at the PC.
Right now most of the vaccinations are being done in ad hoc established Vaccination Centres and not conveniently in doctors' surgeries which means a bit of travelling up to four times if you don't get an appointment for couples. Another point is the vaccine itself. Most people refuse a vector vaccine like AstraZeneca, Johnson&Johnson or even Sputnik V. So, it's a hassle to get an appointment for an mRNA vaccine. Unfortunately, they tell you only at the very end of the registration process which vaccine you'll get which then leads to cancellations and trying to register anew, which slows down the whole campaign enormously. So far I haven't got an appointment. Will have to try again each day.
How is the vaccination campaign organised in Oz?

(My MIL and my daughters)
s5kzq1d83pa.jpg
You have a lovely family Thomas 🤗

Myself and colleagues are going to refuse the AstraZeneca vaccine when it's our turn, we are gonna insist upon the Pfizer jab. A solicitor died of a blood clot straight after his AstraZeneca jab not too far from where I am.
So will we.

Last edited:
We'll do so as well.
That is wise as the AZ is the prime suspect for blood clot deaths. Not certain but has there also been a few blood clot deaths from Pfizer too. Australia is now giving under 50s the Pfizer and over 50s AZ as 99.99 of all clot cases are people under 50.
Really Jessica there is no need for panic as only a minute percentage of those vaccinated die. Something like 1 in 800,000.

Last edited:
That is wise as the AZ is the prime suspect for blood clot deaths. Not certain but has there also been a few blood clot deaths from Pfizer too. Australia is now giving under 50s the Pfizer and over 50s AZ as 99.99 of all clot cases are people under 50.
Really Jessica there is no need for panic as only a minute percentage of those vaccinated die. Something like 1 in 800,000.
It's not panic Richie, it's freedom of choice, I am under 40 and I'm not taking any chances, I am in very good health and physically fit, so I won't jeopardise all that for a vaccine that's supposed to help me.

It's not panic Richie, it's freedom of choice, I am under 40 and I'm not taking any chances, I am in very good health and physically fit, so I won't jeopardise all that for a vaccine that's supposed to help me.
Under forty? I'm not used to talking to people who are so young any more.🤗

I can see the producers of AZ facing huge class actions from victims. Australia plans making 50 mill doses.. will we use even half of those before people refuse it altogether, the makers pull the plug, or it is banned by medical experts.

Myself and colleagues are going to refuse the AstraZeneca vaccine when it's our turn, we are gonna insist upon the Pfizer jab. A solicitor died of a blood clot straight after his AstraZeneca jab not too far from where I am.
That's tragic Jessica... don't have much trust in any of these vaccines so far.

I have some good news guys 🤗
Our cases of the virus are dropping rapidly, I don't know the statistics but they are on a downward spiral 🤗
Our restrictions are gradually being lifted and I've been proper clothes shopping 👍

How are you finding the forum so far?🙂
I like it. It's the smallest forum I've ever been a member of and there were quite few.:) I take it that you aren't/can't be online every day because you are working, which reduces the number to three. The student is busy as well.

Our cases of the virus are dropping rapidly, I don't know the statistics but they are on a downward spiral 🤗
Our restrictions are gradually being lifted and I've been proper clothes shopping 👍
Saw on TV that the pubs are open again, at least the outdoor area, and that they are running short of beer because they underestimated demand.;)

Last edited:
I have been watching the UK's progress Jessica. Yes cases have dropped greatly.. now well below France, Italy and even Germany. Boris has finally got a handle on things with the vaccine rate now wiping out case numbers. :thumbsu:

There has been an outcry and even racist claims over our government's decision to close our border to Covid ravaged India until May 15.. and it may go beyond that if cases dont drop over there. Sco Mo's move was completely justified as the fact is COVID-positive arrivals from India had exploded in recent weeks, going from 14 in a 28-day period in February to 210 in a similar period in April.. while an increase in hotel quarantine arrivals from India leapt from a manageable 8.8% in February to a whopping 56% last week. As for the racist claims by mostly lefty pinkos and Australians of Indian descent … total rubbish :mad:. This was done to protect Aussies that had the good sense to remain at home during this pandemic..

Last edited:
I like it. It's the smallest forum I've ever been a member of and there were quite few.:) I take it that you aren't/can't be online every day because you are working, which reduces the number to three. The student is busy as well.
I am expecting another member to join our little group shortly too Jessica & Thomas. Look out for Stax on the mill over on 99.94 Club.

Last edited:
Yeah I work full time as a delivery driver for a large supermarket chain, I login when I can as I enjoy posting questions for my friends 🙂

Saw on TV that the pubs are open again, at least the outdoor area, and that they are running short of beer because they underestimated demand.;)
Have you seen the pics in the news of crazy Brits sitting under umbrellas in the pouring rain, supping pints in pub beer gardens 😆

I have been watching the UK's progress Jessica. Yes cases have dropped greatly.. now well below France, Italy and even Germany. Boris has finally got a handle on things with the vaccine rate now wiping out case numbers. :thumbsu:

There has been an outcry and even racist claims over our government's decision to close our border to Covid ravaged India until May 15.. and it may go beyond that if cases dont drop over there. Sco Mo's move was completely justified as the fact is COVID-positive arrivals from India had exploded in recent weeks, going from 14 in a 28-day period in February to 210 in a similar period in April.. while an increase in hotel quarantine arrivals from India leapt from a manageable 8.8% in February to a whopping 56% last week. As for the racist claims by mostly lefty pinkos and Australians of Indian descent … total rubbish :mad:. This was done to protect Aussies that had the good sense to remain at home during this pandemic..
I totally agree that borders should be closed to India, it's not racist it's the way forward to control the virus, each country should do as they see fit to minimise contact with high risk countries, it's nothing to do with nationality or colour, it's survival.

Back