The Covid Menace.

Aus too. People are saying they are staying connected with the family while still carrying out their work. Home may be the workplace of the future.

Brit infection rates have spiked again Jessica. Seems Freedom Day may not have been such a good idea. We are already talking about our Freedom Day.. but only for the fully vaxed.

1488 today in Vic. 852 New South. Something baffling me tho. NSW have recorded more deaths for a certain infection figure than Vic? When we had 1400 cases we had over 10 deaths .. you recorded only two deaths from your latest infections. Just wondering why the discrepancy. Perhaps in NSW it was the more vulnerable.. the very elderly that died. RF what is you take on this. How about you Thomas or Jessica. Is similar happening in your countries?

1488 today in Vic. 852 New South. Something baffling me tho. NSW have recorded more deaths for a certain infection figure than Vic? When we had 1400 cases we had over 10 deaths .. you recorded only two deaths from your latest infections. Just wondering why the discrepancy. Perhaps in NSW it was the more vulnerable.. the very elderly that died. RF what is you take on this. How about you Thomas or Jessica. Is similar happening in your countries?
For comparison, yesterday we had 8,500 new cases and 66 deaths the peak having been more than 30,000 cases and 1,200 deaths a day. Deaths meaning "died from COVID directly or related to it". Our independent institute explains the figures on a daily basis. As you said, Richie, it used to be the elderly and vulnerable. Right now it's people aged 30-50 that die because they aren't vaxed.

It's also those anti vaxxers who love protesting about everything.
Pretty sure if they had of been disciplined by their parents they wouldn't be protesting and creating a scene.

Right now it's people aged 30-50 that die because they aren't vaxed.
Thomas my son Marc is in that age group. As you know he is not an anti vaxer just an anti messengerRNA vaxer. He is holding out for Novavax despite his mother and my protestations. Seems Australia has most of the messenger vaxes but the Novavax, of which we have ordered 52 mill doses is not expected to arrive here until early next year. There was talk that our bio tech giant CSL was to make it locally thus speeding up shots in Aussie arms. Yet that now does not appear to be the case. So still some three more months of worry for his mother and I.

Last edited:
Cases plummeting in my state. So hopefully we will be back playing state level cricket soon. Doubt the VICS will join us as their cases are skyrocketing

Brother and sil took me for a belated birthday lunch yesterday. My son was unable to join us as he is still to be double jabbed.

Back