The Lounge 2

Rest in peace Eddie.

I'd like to say that I lost my Uncle Joey in the early hours, he had cancer and a poorly chest.

Rest in peace Uncle Joey, sadly missed but never forgotten.
Rest in Peace Joey. Sadness in two families today in two separate parts of the world Jessica.

Eddie went into hospital two weeks ago for something minor but this led to internal bleeding. He lived a full life. Was a merchant ship engineer and would fascinate us at family get togethers of his on board stories and shore leave adventures. I called him Dad as lost my own father at 7. I think he liked that tho he never told me.

Last edited:
Rest in Peace Joey. Sadness in two families today in two separate parts of the world Jessica.

Eddie went into hospital two weeks ago for something minor but this led to internal bleeding. He lived a full life. Was a merchant ship engineer and would fascinate us at family get togethers of his on board stories and shore leave adventures. I called him Dad as lost my own father at 7. I think he liked that tho he never told me.
You were very young when you lost your dad Richie, so to call your father in law dad would've been a huge compliment. I bet he felt proud.
We are united in grief, miles apart but mourning the loss of a loved one.
Maybe you could share some of Eddies adventures with us, I'd be interested. 🙂

Evidently Eddie had not been eating at his aged care home and had been admitted to hossie with bronchial pneumonia a week ago.

He was actually a Chief Engineer the first Oriental to hold that position in the merchant Navy. Maybe he stretched the truth a touch there. He told us so many stories Jessica.. blowed if I can recall any specific one. He was not a big drinker nor did he have a girl in every port. Not Eddie. From the enthusiasm with which he story told he obviously enjoyed his job and life back then on the ships.

Evidently Eddie had not been eating at his aged care home and had been admitted to hossie with bronchial pneumonia a week ago.

He was actually a Chief Engineer the first Oriental to hold that position in the merchant Navy. Maybe he stretched the truth a touch there. He told us so many stories Jessica.. blowed if I can recall any specific one. He was not a big drinker nor did he have a girl in every port. Not Eddie. From the enthusiasm with which he story told he obviously enjoyed his job and life back then on the ships.
He sounds like a decent hard working guy Richie. I don't believe sailors have a girl in every port, I reckon that's just banter. Eddie was oriental, that's even better that you called him dad, uniting race is what the world needs 👍

Great news coming from your shores too Richie regarding little Cleo Smith being found alive 🙏

Is insomnia when you can't sleep at all?
I can go to sleep ok but if I wake up in the early hours I have trouble going back off, doesn't happen very often though.
Yes it is. I have been known to not fall asleep until dawn. That was years ago before I decided I needed to be mildly sedated if I was to get any decent rest. I too wake middle of nite these days more than unable to sleep. Prefer this as I simply do something on the computer to make me tired again.

He sounds like a decent hard working guy Richie. I don't believe sailors have a girl in every port, I reckon that's just banter. Eddie was oriental, that's even better that you called him dad, uniting race is what the world needs 👍

Great news coming from your shores too Richie regarding little Cleo Smith being found alive 🙏
Hard working yes. When he worked here in Sydney in a desk job for a major Port authority he used to go crook at the stoppages/strikes by wharfies which held up shipping.

Yes. There were grave fears for little Cleo. Not a lot being released about the suspect tho.

Thomas what is your take on this spat between Macron and Morrison over the dumping of the French sub contract. The Froggie president is acting like a petulant child after his mother has taken away his favorite toy.

Thomas what is your take on this spat between Macron and Morrison over the dumping of the French sub contract. The Froggie president is acting like a petulant child after his mother has taken away his favorite toy.
Macron is deeply disappointed that the deal is off and now he's blaming Morrison for not having played fair. We never know what's going on behind the scenes, to what extent he was informed but a contract can be cancelled if circumstances change. I'd assume that such an opting-out clause is part of any deal of that size.
I don't like when journos reduce complicated issues to simplistic categories like "winner/loser", whether somebody "lied" or not because it just leads to indignation but doesn't inform people.

Jessica the suspect in the Cleo Smith case is an indigenous First Nation man who evidently had a doll fetish. Obviously a little touched in the noggin but not dangerous.

Macron is deeply disappointed that the deal is off and now he's blaming Morrison for not having played fair. We never know what's going on behind the scenes, to what extent he was informed but a contract can be cancelled if circumstances change. I'd assume that such an opting-out clause is part of any deal of that size.
I don't like when journos reduce complicated issues to simplistic categories like "winner/loser", whether somebody "lied" or not because it just leads to indignation but doesn't inform people.
Sco Mo has accused Macron of "sledging him" a mild term for slander. But to call the leader of a country a liar in front of the world. That surely is character assassination. Sco Mo wont have any of that as is also a criticism of Australia. He swears he approached the French months before about Australia's concerns over the project. The Froggies turned a blind eye instead upping the price and cutting Australian worker involvement.

Does France have Nuke powered subs?

Last edited:
Do you two have these in your country. AI (artificial intelligence) check-outs equipped with computer vision image analysis technology. Pretty cool. :cool:

Last edited:
Sco Mo has accused Macron of "sledging him" a mild term for slander. But to call the leader of a country a liar in front of the world. That surely is character assassination. Sco Mo wont have any of that as he sees it as also a criticism of Australia. He swears he approached the French months before about Australia's concerns over the project. The Froggies turned a blind eye instead upping the price and cutting Australian worker involvement.

Does France have Nuke powered subs?
Yes, they've several plus four strategic subs cabable of launching nuke warheads and have just started building a completely new class of nuke subs. Ironically, Volkswagen (a German car manufacturer) builds the additional Diesel engines the French nuke-powered subs also need. Because the deal with AUS fell through VW has announced that several thousand jobs are at risk.

As for Mo-Macron it seems to be a he-said-she-said case. Apparently, Macron was unable to read the signs signalled by Mor about the problems accumulating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you two have these in your country. AI (artificial intelligence) check-outs equipped with computer vision image analysis technology. Pretty cool. :cool:
Yes, we have and I use them twice a week. Never use the normal check out.

Hard working yes. When he worked here in Sydney in a desk job for a major Port authority he used to go crook at the stoppages/strikes by wharfies which held up shipping.

Yes. There were grave fears for little Cleo. Not a lot being released about the suspect tho.
We heard that another prisoner who was in the same holding cell as the weirdo who snatched her has given
him a good pasting 👍

Was your father in law a manager? I bet he felt like sacking the ringleaders.

Yes it is. I have been known to not fall asleep until dawn. That was years ago before I decided I needed to be mildly sedated if I was to get any decent rest. I too wake middle of nite these days more than unable to sleep. Prefer this as I simply do something on the computer to make me tired again.
I usually go through the alphabet in my mind and go through famous people on a chosen letter, for example.. I pick the letter J... John Lennon, Julia Roberts, Jason Donavon....
It works for me🤗

It's Bon Fire night here, the fireworks display I wanted to go to has been cancelled 😦
Looks like it's an evening in front of the TV instead👀

I usually go through the alphabet in my mind and go through famous people on a chosen letter, for example.. I pick the letter J... John Lennon, Julia Roberts, Jason Donavon....
It works for me🤗
That wont work for me, prob even exacerbate the problem which in the past has been my inability to shut down my mind while trying to fall asleep.

Back