The Lounge 2

It's Bon Fire night here, the fireworks display I wanted to go to has been cancelled 😦
Looks like it's an evening in front of the TV instead👀
We no longer have that. More's the pity. Bonfire Nite was always a big occasion for my family while I was growing up.

We no longer have that. More's the pity. Bonfire Nite was always a big occasion for my family while I was growing up.
Same here. I ended up watching the local fireworks from an upstairs window.
As we were growing up we'd have toffee apples and hotdogs around the bonfire, then when we got older we'd sit around trying to bake spuds In the fire and drink cheap cider 😆

Funeral tomorrow and my wife's family is not even having a reception (wake).

edit: change of mind.. had lunch at a Chinese restaurant.

Last edited:
If you two were unable to log in yesterday it was because admin forget to plug us back in after a forum update.

Several types of Chinese navy warships are powered by engines that were either developed or built by German manufacturers .

Thomas is this something of which you approve.
I read it but didn't find any info on that? I'm just reading a book about the history of German subs.
Yes, I approve of that with the proviso that it has always been our policy not to export arms to crisis regions. Those subs must have been sold years ago if not decades.

How did dads funeral go Richie?

We're still waiting for Uncle Joeys funeral to be announced 🙏
Miserable like all funerals. He was cremated and we will attend the laying of his Ashes probably next week. We ate and drank to his memory after all tho.

Back