The Lounge 2

1639949209871.png

This is more for you Thomas and Jessica. We have our Chrissie days on the beach or by a sparkling pool. Recall happily our after lunch poolside cricket matches. I used to love diving into the pool while trying to catch a ball. Oh the bravado of the young.

Last edited:
Same here. Cant remember the last time we went away this time of year. Had planned to go to NZ but plans were fouled up.
We used to meet up at various places when we were living in Mildura.

Now that we live in Ballarat, we make it a thing that everyone gets to see each other here at home.
Family is now getting smaller because people in ours are dying of have died.
So it's going to be a little tough for us.

I had planned to go away for the festive season but plans fell thru to guess what. 😡
Anyone else planning to go away over Chrissie?
Not going away but fetching my MIL on Wednesday and putting her up in a nearby holiday home for eight days. She'll come to our place each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going away but fetching my MIL on Wednesday and putting her up in a nearby holiday home for eight days. She'll come to our place each day.
Why is MIL not staying with you. No room or you dont like her mate.:p

Ok Thomas lets have some typical German Chrissie pics.

Why is MIL not staying with you. No room or you dont like her mate.:p
She'll be with us the whole day but will just walk over to her apartment, which is just a stone's throw away, for the night and for convenience's sake. Last year we had her stay over night, so there's room for her. It's just that I wouldn't be able to use the internet in the morning until she gets up which I need, though, to post on BC. :p
I didn't like her and her husband at all but meanwhile we are on reasonable terms because she's alone now and more willing to adapt at the age of 91.

Who will you be meeting up with at Christmas? The larger family or just the three of you? What about you, Jessica B BettyBoo ?

No German Chrissie pics mate?

A quiet one for me. My brother and SIL are going away. She has to catch up with family which all live south of Sydney. Wife and I will probably have our usual Chrissie Eve do at my BIL's place.

A quiet one for me. My brother and SIL are going away. She has to catch up with family which all live south of Sydney. Wife and I will probably have our usual Chrissie Eve do at my BIL's place.
Cheers. And enjoy it.🍻 Unbelievable that temps are in the high thirties and the sun is shining at your place.🙃

Unbelievable that temps are in the high thirties and the sun is shining at your place.
🙃 Hilarious. Low to mid 30s Thomas.. thank goodness. When the rain hits they will be even cooler. You can not do anything in temps from 38-42.. just too suffocating. You can either swim or stay inside with air con running
Cheers. And enjoy it.🍻
You too. Have a great Deutch Chrissie.🍻

Any pics that are not my own pose a problem. All I can do is refer you to those links. The second one shows our market place in Leipzig but also the first one includes such pics. This year, however, there are no Christmas fairs because of corona.
Leipzig Marketplace is something else. Are you able to translate into English.

🙃 Hilarious. Low to mid 30s Thomas.. thank goodness. When the rain hits they will be even cooler. You can not do anything in temps from 38-42.. just too suffocating. You can either swim or stay inside with air con running

That's true. Those are the days I dislike in summer.

Back