The Lounge 2

38-42. You get those temps in summer too. That surprises me.

You shouldn't be surprised because I mentioned that quite often on here because we are haunted by those temps every year. Evidence needed?
Lawn2.jpg
That was supposed to be a lawn. Pic from my backyard.

😢
Heatwave.jpg

That's what nature looked like as early as July. Not much difference to the Sahelian zone, is there?

Heatwave2.jpg

Temp on my patio.

Brilliant mate. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks. So the Leipzig Market is where your family do Chrissie shopping.
Part of it, yes. But the market is right in the city centre and surrounded by shops, department stores, etc. and we look for something there as well.

because we are haunted by those temps every year.

Is this only a recent thing. Say last three years or so. Your lawn looks like mine after a sweltering summer. How fortunate are you to live beside a lake during a hot summer.

Got the gardener over and my front neighbour is whinging about me to him.
Sucks to be that gardener having to put up with people that whinge all day long about others.

Got the gardener over and my front neighbour is whinging about me to him.
Sucks to be that gardener having to put up with people that whinge all day long about others.
You dont have very friendly neibors. Why was he/she whinging about you?

Is this only a recent thing. Say last three years or so. Your lawn looks like mine after a sweltering summer. How fortunate are you to live beside a lake during a hot summer.
It's recent in as much as those temps have become a regular thing and that peak temps around 40° C had been unheard of when I was a child and up to the 90s. For the last five years we've had those temps each year with just the duration varying. It clearly is a result of climate change.
Sadly, last summer was already an exception. Although we had a short hot period of 40°, there was more rain and moderate temps the whole summer. The result is this:

qig2l5vl1j8.jpg

This is what a lawn can look like if watered regularly by sufficient rain. The same lawn but in better condition. Just compare it with my pic above.
I'm waiting for the next summer with anxiety because I'm afraid it might be a Sahelian one again and our groundwater problems will aggravate.

BTW, Merry Christmas to all of you! 🎄🎅

Last edited:
It's recent in as much as those temps have become a regular thing and that peak temps around 40° C had been unheard of when I was a child and up to the 90s. For the last five years we've had those temps each year with just the duration varying. It clearly is a result of climate change.
Sadly, last summer was already an exception. Although we had a short hot period of 40°, there was more rain and moderate temps the whole summer. The result is this:

qig2l5vl1j8.jpg

This is what a lawn can look like if watered regularly by sufficient rain. The same lawn but in better condition. Just compare it with my pic above.
I'm waiting for the next summer with anxiety because I'm afraid it might be a Sahelian one again and our groundwater problems will aggravate.

You and yours too Thomas, Jessica and Sooz.
1640387344656.png

bummer it did not animate.

Last edited:
I tried looking for your beach by the lake.. but there are at least 10 separate lakes (sees) in and around the Leipzig city area. An impressive urban transformation is the Lakelands.
Yes, there are and mine is closest to the city. Here's a pic showing what it looked like in the 80s. I'd agree that they did a good job so that I could move in. 😅 (The link below is in English.)

https://www.leipzigseen.de/en/die-seen/cospudener-see/die-entstehung-des-cospudener-sees

Had a great day today.
Had Xmas dinner with family
Got loaded up with cash and other great presents.
Fair to say i'm full!
Had salmon and other vegies and salads

Had a great day today.
Had Xmas dinner with family
Got loaded up with cash and other great presents.
Fair to say i'm full!
Had salmon and other vegies and salads
Hope you had a great day Sooz. As my family went away I had a quiet Chrissie Day at home.

You shouldn't be surprised because I mentioned that quite often on here because we are haunted by those temps every year. Evidence needed?
View attachment 1319
That was supposed to be a lawn. Pic from my backyard.

😢
View attachment 1322

That's what nature looked like as early as July. Not much difference to the Sahelian zone, is there?

View attachment 1323

Temp on my patio.

This is what my city looks like after every summer. :p

qig2l5vl1j8.jpg

Great photo, bet that lawn would take a bit of effort to mow each time. Looks to be a very nice location next to the lake there too. :thumbsu:

Great photo, bet that lawn would take a bit of effort to mow each time. Looks to be a very nice location next to the lake there too. :thumbsu:
Thanks. Yes, I like the place very much. You're right, the lawn takes some effort also because this is just one of three parts to be mowed. That's why I bought a robotic lawnmower that does the job on all three areas and makes me blissfully happy. The lawn never looked so good provided there's also enough rain.

Mährobo.png

Back