The Lounge 2

Here in the UK people are using Food Banks as a way of getting 3 days worth of free food, some are genuine but there's a lot taking advantage, the organisation running it wants food items that would put together a hot meal but like you say tinned tomatoes are a staple. One year there was a request for new pyjamas for kids for Christmas, that's just taking it too far. I donate to an animal charity instead now, they are more grateful.
Apparently our local charity 'op shop' as we call them in Australia serves a free meal out the back ever Wednesday night for anyone that wants one. Think it's most from stuff donated by the supermarket, the food they make actually sounds very nice.

Apparently our local charity 'op shop' as we call them in Australia serves a free meal out the back ever Wednesday night for anyone that wants one. Think it's most from stuff donated by the supermarket, the food they make actually sounds very nice.
This is good, that's how it should be here instead of handing out bags of shopping, 👍

That was the 'negotiated' $43 that they wanted to up to $49 price I was getting as well, usually iirc it's about $70! Got calls from them the last couple of days I guess trying to offer something better but I didn't answer.

Signed up to Kayo when I got back today then, seems to work perfectly fine on the new LG TV and on the Chromecast. If it works like that all the time even when busy I'll be happy.

Okay, $70 is a fair bit of money per month if you're only watching sport. $49 is a reasonable discount but is still a chunk of money if you are only viewing the sport channels.

How has Kayo been for the first weekend you've had it?

Okay, $70 is a fair bit of money per month if you're only watching sport. $49 is a reasonable discount but is still a chunk of money if you are only viewing the sport channels.

How has Kayo been for the first weekend you've had it?
Its worked well hasnt dropped out or anything, not really much of noticeable difference between sattelite HD in quality.

2 streams going at once quality dropped briefly at times but that's not surprising.

Its worked well hasnt dropped out or anything, not really much of noticeable difference between sattelite HD in quality.

2 streams going at once quality dropped briefly at times but that's not surprising.

Nice, sounds good. I've found it to be a pretty good service and haven't had any real issues with it thus far.

Just as idea fellars. This discussion may be better in the 99.94 Club as it may well be lost to other members here on an obsolete thread. I too am considering Kayo as I dont watch anywhere near as much of the general Foxtel product as I used to.
Agree, if you could maybe move it all to a new Foxtel/Kayo/TV thread or something there that would be great mate.

Thanks Richie Richie

They must have rang us every day for over a week after disconnecting until I finally sent the box back haha. I wonder what they would have offered, even if it was pretty good not really worth it when you would have to go through it again in 6 months.

Thanks Richie Richie

They must have rang us every day for over a week after disconnecting until I finally sent the box back haha. I wonder what they would have offered, even if it was pretty good not really worth it when you would have to go through it again in 6 months.

Haha, that was me.

They're obviously trying to get people to stay signed up, hence the discounts. A customer paying at a discounted rate is better for them than no-one paying at all. I've read elsewhere that they'll chase people for a while to stay signed up so they can keep earning that revenue.

I did notice some quality issues during last night's game where it looked like it kind of went back to SD just in small patches near the ball.

THIS FORUM HAS NOW BECOME A GRAVEYARD. Thank goodness it will soon be cricket season.

I will be away for the day to celebrate my birthday.

How was it, Richie Richie ? 🤔

I had a beaut day with the family thanks Thomas. Only disappointment was my estranged cousins did not accept my invite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone made plans for Christmas yet?
I'll head to my family in Cornwall providing we don't have snow or ice on our roads.
I've already seen Christmas cards in a shop here, and winter Woolies, gloves, hats and scarfs 🧑‍🎄

Back