The Lounge 2

Thanks, Jessica.
Yes, there is. The kidney is working 80% with the chance of reaching 100% again or (hopefully) staying like it is rather than deteriorating. They are not sure about the MRSA germ she was said to have. Either it is one or not. Time will tell.
It's not exactly easy to worm it out of her. Sometimes she shares it, sometimes she's hesitant.🙄
My car was repaired within two days. The clutch cable was broken as I said.
On Tuesday I was taking the car I fancy buying on a test drive with which I want to replace the other car I have. I said to the saleswoman that I'll buy this demonstration car or none and that she should give me a shout when they want to sell it. So it could be next week or in a couple of months. 😜
She was not amused because she'd reckoned I might order a new car which is more expensive and also includes a three to four months' waiting time.
Great news about your daughter 👍
I suppose she just tells you enough then likes to keep it private.

I've never thought of buying a demonstration model, very good idea that Thomas, I'll keep that in mind 🤗

Great news about your daughter 👍
I suppose she just tells you enough then likes to keep it private.

I've never thought of buying a demonstration model, very good idea that Thomas, I'll keep that in mind 🤗
You're right about my daughter. She's not very keen on talking about ailments because that topic has been very dominant in her life.

My current car is also a demonstration model and I've fared very well with it. You can cut down on the price and get some extras.

You're right about my daughter. She's not very keen on talking about ailments because that topic has been very dominant in her life.

My current car is also a demonstration model and I've fared very well with it. You can cut down on the price and get some extras.
Ahh bless her. The saying 'no news is good news' springs to mind, I'm sure she'd tell you both if something was badly wrong.

Have you guys ever driven an automatic? My neighbour has recently started driving one as she's pretty bad with arthritis in her legs.

Demonstration cars would be well looked after too before they get sold, can't believe I've never heard of it before.🤦

Ahh bless her. The saying 'no news is good news' springs to mind, I'm sure she'd tell you both if something was badly wrong.

Have you guys ever driven an automatic? My neighbour has recently started driving one as she's pretty bad with arthritis in her legs.

Demonstration cars would be well looked after too before they get sold, can't believe I've never heard of it before.🤦
Yes, on Tuesday last week when I went for a test drive in my demonstration car. I love the automatic and can imagine that I'll hate the manual transmission in the other car I've got very soon. The gear lever has to look nice, though. It needs to be short and thick not long and thin like an asparagus.
Demonstration cars are very popular over here. You get a new car, accepted as such by both the dealership and the insurance company, with usually 800-1,500 miles on the clock at an unbeatable price plus those extras in addition to a usually high equipment line that the dealership orders as teasers to attract customers. If they then want to have those extras in their new car, they'll find out that they'll have to order the next higher equipment line which is more expensive.
The second best deal are single-day registration cars that allow the dealership to sell a car at a special discount to be followed by special edition models. All those are better than a regularly ordered brand new car which is the most expensive.
When I wanted to buy my first new car after the wall had come down in 1993 I travelled 600km to Western Germany to buy it there 'cos all those newly-established dealerships in the East wouldn't even give you a 3% discount on a new car let alone more. I got 7% on a new car and the offer to buy my car as a demonstration car, a Mazda 323 Estate, at a larger discount but was foolish enough to decline it. Demonstration cars are hard to get. I bought two special edition cars before I bought my current car as a demo one. The last car I bought for my wife was a used car, four years old with 100,000km on the clock but the highest equipment line.

Last edited:
This is due to a mix of reasons caused by Brexit and Corona such as a large number of truck drivers who had to leave the country and won't return because of bad working conditions, low pay that's not even attractive to East European workers, visa limited in time and number. Many driving tests had to be postponed. All that has led to a shortage of petrol and supermarket supplies.
And that's why Jessica has been so busy recently so that we haven't seen much of her. 😛
Correct Thomas 😄
It's just one problem after another lately. I do have some good news to share though, I've just received my paper copy of my Vaccine Pass 🤗
It proves that I'm double jabbed 😇

Yes, on Tuesday last week when I went for a test drive in my demonstration car. I love the automatic and can imagine that I'll hate the manual transmission in the other car I've got very soon. The gear lever has to look nice, though. It needs to be short and thick not long and thin like an asparagus.
Demonstration cars are very popular over here. You get a new car, accepted as such by both the dealership and the insurance company, with usually 800-1,500 miles on the clock at an unbeatable price plus those extras in addition to a usually high equipment line that the dealership orders as teasers to attract customers. If they then want to have those extras in their new car, they'll find out that they'll have to order the next higher equipment line which is more expensive.
The second best deal are single-day registration cars that allow the dealership to sell a car at a special discount to be followed by special addition models. All those are better than a regularly ordered brand new car which is the most expensive.
When I wanted to buy my first new car after the wall had come down in 1993 I travelled 600km to Western Germany to buy it there 'cos all those newly-established dealerships in the East wouldn't even give you a 3% discount on a new car let alone more. I got 7% on a new car and the offer to buy my car as a demonstration car, a Mazda 323 Estate, at a larger discount but was foolish enough to decline it. Demonstration cars are hard to get. I bought two special edition cars before I bought my current car as a demo one. The last car I bought for my wife was a used car, four years old with 100,000km on the clock but the highest equipment line.
I think I should take you with me when I buy my next car 😁
I don't like long thin gear levers either, they look like they could snap 😦
Much prefer the short ones. 👍

Correct Thomas 😄
It's just one problem after another lately. I do have some good news to share though, I've just received my paper copy of my Vaccine Pass 🤗
We have an actual vaccine certificate which we download onto our fone Jess and show at the entrance to restaurants, clubs, etc. There is also a separate one for flying passengers.😇

Last edited:
We have an actual vaccine certificate which we download onto our fone Jess and show at the entrance to restaurants, clubs, etc. There is also a separate one for flying passengers.😇
Same here but I haven't downloaded it yet because I don't seem to need it anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here but I haven't downloaded it yet because I don't seem to need it anywhere.
We do because the non vaxed are prohibited from entering these premises until the country reaches herd immunity of min 80% max 90%. This is expected to happen sometime in December at which time my boy Marc will be able to do everything his mother and I can do now. Just heard our Pfizer/Moderna booster jab will be in Feb.

Correct Thomas 😄
Why so late? We got the paper copy right after the first and the second jab. As said, I haven't bothered about the electronic version because I don't need the paper pass.
I'm planning on getting the booster jab probably in January. That would be six months after the first two jabs. Vaccine breakthrough infections are on the increase. Numbers, generally, are not looking good. ICUs being almost fully occupied by the unvaccinated. :mad:

We do because the non vaxed are prohibited from entering these premises until the country reaches herd immunity of at least 80% max 90%. This is expected to happen sometime in December at which time my boy Marc will be able to do everything his mother and I can do now. Just heard our booster jab will be in Feb.
The only premises I enter is supermarkets and medical practices. Are you sure AUS can reach herd immunity? Not very likely here with 66% vaccination rate and the rest being unwilling and a burden to society.

Not good mate. Is your government doing anything to entice the antis to vax?

National Fully Vaxed 76.8% as of today. My state, the nation's largest has already reached 80% and is expected to reach 90% in a coupla weeks.
I should think so but there's been stubborn resistance by the deplorables especially where I live but also in south-west Germany (see link) which appears to be a hopeless case and a futile excercise since vaccination numbers have been stagnating nationwide for weeks .

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...n-zebra-veritas.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Impressive how fast Oz has caught up with Germany and other nations given that it had to start the vax campaign much later.:thumbsu:

We have those too Richie, but what if the battery died on our fone 😱 I guess I'm just being super cautious, or super paranoid! 😆

We just heard from my sister in law that my father in law passed away this evening. He was 93. So it is a blessing as his recent quality of life had deteriorated. Joyce and I were lucky to see him yesterday for the last time.
Eddie you are now at peace old mate.

Last edited:
Why so late? We got the paper copy right after the first and the second jab. As said, I haven't bothered about the electronic version because I don't need the paper pass.
I'm planning on getting the booster jab probably in January. That would be six months after the first two jabs. Vaccine breakthrough infections are on the increase. Numbers, generally, are not looking good. ICUs being almost fully occupied by the unvaccinated. :mad:
I've only just heard about the paper pass, I applied for it straight away when I was told about it 👍

Back