The Lounge

Your wish is granted guys! 🤗

I've been decorating my new home, it's almost complete now so thought I'd check in so you know I'm still around 😀

Your wish is granted guys! 🤗

I've been decorating my new home, it's almost complete now so thought I'd check in so you know I'm still around 😀
You are forgiven Jessica for making us think you had left without saying bye. Was about to ask you to post pics of new home.. just remembered you can not via your fone. How does new home look.. describe please.

What colours did you paint the walls of your new house Jessica... light pastel colours are always a good option.

Richie & Jessica, as mentioned here's some info of the NZ version of Bush Tucker man... Barry Crump is an icon in NZ, he passed away about 24 years ago.

Barry was brutally beaten as a kid by his father, so to try & avoid those beatings he use to hide under the floor boards of the house.
When he was 14 or 15 he decided to leave home & live in the bush where he stayed for about 12 years.
He use to mesmerise the people in his local pub with his great yarns, the bloke had a real charisma about him, but was also a very hard man, he was smashed around by his father as a kid so can understand that.
Barry wrote 20 books about his experiences etc & also made some ads promoting four-wheel-drive utility vehicles.
He married five times, but had little to do with most of the nine children he fathered with four different women.

You are forgiven Jessica for making us think you had left without saying bye. Was about to ask you to post pics of new home.. just remembered you can not via your fone. How does new home look.. describe please.
Ok 🤗
It's more modern than our previous house, it feels warmer too, we have patio doors in the lounge leading into the garden, we've decorated in beige wallpaper with red velvet patterns, so the lounge looks a bit like a cosy cottage. We've been working flat out doing the house up, time to relax a bit now 🤗
I'd never leave without saying bye, in fact I'm never leaving because I do enjoy my time here even though it's been very limited lately.🙂

Richie & Jessica, as mentioned here's some info of the NZ version of Bush Tucker man... Barry Crump is an icon in NZ, he passed away about 24 years ago.

Barry was brutally beaten as a kid by his father, so to try & avoid those beatings he use to hide under the floor boards of the house.
When he was 14 or 15 he decided to leave home & live in the bush where he stayed for about 12 years.
He use to mesmerise the people in his local pub with his great yarns, the bloke had a real charisma about him, but was also a very hard man, he was smashed around by his father as a kid so can understand that.
Barry wrote 20 books about his experiences etc & also made some ads promoting four-wheel-drive utility vehicles.
He married five times, but had little to do with most of the nine children he fathered with four different women.

What an incredible man, I'll certainly check him out, thanks Mal🤗
He must've been terrified as a child, but very brave to do what he did. 👍
He probably didn't know how to bond with his children, his own childhood being as bad as it was, but what an inspiration he was.

What an incredible man, I'll certainly check him out, thanks Mal🤗
He must've been terrified as a child, but very brave to do what he did. 👍
He probably didn't know how to bond with his children, his own childhood being as bad as it was, but what an inspiration he was.
:thumbsu:
Yeah, must have been horrific for him as a kid Jessica & was pretty incredible that he managed to survive for so long at his age in the bush, as you say it was always going to be very difficult for him to relate properly to his kids with the life he had.

I remember a part that Crumpy wrote in one of his books, think the book was ' Hang On A Minute Mate' ...hasn't seen his wife for years, goes to their house knocks on the door, but she won't let him in, so he cuts doorway in the house with a chainsaw, walks in & says, " where's my dinner & I need a clean white shirt as I'm going out tonight " 😆

A year before he passed away NZ honoured him with a postage stamp.

34508-nzp_0.jpg

Last edited:

This obviously tuffened him for the life he had. Such a young age to be on your own and living off the land too. This would make a good premise for a movie on him Pete. Now who plays him.. Les Hiddins.. the Bush Tucker Man. What do you say Jessica? ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, with the life Crumpy had Craig he would've been as tough as nails... would like to see movies made about Crumpy & Bush Tucker Man, would be brilliant, both absolute legends.

Ok 🤗
It's more modern than our previous house, it feels warmer too, we have patio doors in the lounge leading into the garden, we've decorated in beige wallpaper with red velvet patterns, so the lounge looks a bit like a cosy cottage. We've been working flat out doing the house up, time to relax a bit now 🤗
Your house sounds brilliant Jessica, bet ya the wall paper looks classy too :thumbsu:

Back